Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Update FAQ - Change Account Name
Edenfail Offline

Update FAQ - Change Account Name
I have been positively surprised by the development of the game, since last I played the beta 4 years ago. Development of the game itself is superb.

However, you have neglected some essential little things.
One of the biggest questions ever since players have been able to name their Characters and Accounts has been: How can I change the name of my account?

Today, in order to find that answer, you have to search the forums and dig up a link that doesn't seem to exist anywhere else.

By logging in to CNC:TA via this link, the Origin account name is imprinted onto all Worlds, and requires one more reload to fix the name in the chat.
https://gamecdnorigin.alliances.commanda...index.aspx

This should be included in the game FAQ.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2017 10:53 AM by Edenfail.)
03-05-2017 10:52 AM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

RE: Update FAQ - Change Account Name
https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconqu...q/p1?new=1

As we're eventually going to move to a new forum, it's pointless doing anything here to try and get FAQ changed. However, I've posted the info in the new forum so it will be there 'forever' Big Grin

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
03-05-2017 06:31 PM
 Search   Quote 
Edenfail Offline

I was aiming for the FAQ at TiberiumAlliances.com
But thanks for your good work. This is better than before Smile
03-05-2017 09:04 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

Mods don't have access to edit the FAQ you're referring to. What is really needed is a new updated FAQ that is relevant to the way the game is currently set up and played. There are many questions that can be (and are) asked that should be in a FAQ and isn't. I hope that once we move to the new forum we can create a FAQ thread that is read only then it will be easier to read. Being read only means mods can edit it to maintain a question/answer style with the questions being posed in a different thread.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
04-05-2017 08:58 AM
 Search   Quote 
Edenfail Offline

Yeah, the complete absence of any official company representative is far from lost on me.

I wrote this the other day, and now I have decided to post it.

To EA, if they ever read:

- It is 2017 and Sony have barely internally chatted about facilitating for name changes in PSN.
For some reason, even after the redesign of PSN, they never laid down the plan to use Databases with unique identifiers within the database itself. They are using the Account Name to link data-tables, in stead of creating separate alpha-numeral values to link them.
This is absolute insanity, because they could have been making a LOT of money for nearly two decades, by simply following BASIC database principles. I truly cannot fathom how an entire company can display such gross incompetence over a course of so many years, and I lament their lost potential profits.

While Origin facilitates name changes in Tiberium Alliances, and this has been possible since beta,
you have not thought to include this information anywhere in the game. That's a big loss.
In fact, community moderators seem to be doing 100% of the communication and support to your subscribers.
You seem completely out of touch with the user-perspective, and it gives the impression that you do not care.
I hope this is not the case. And I hope that you some day will surprise us with better project management.
Because you have created a very good game.
04-05-2017 11:29 AM
 Search   Quote