Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
games do not work in a fresh install of origin up to C&C 3. then it works.
udderdischarge Offline

games do not work in a fresh install of origin up to C&C 3. then it works.
95, Tib, and Red alert 1 &2 map scroll is too high, can not adjust res. ,weird color schemes. havent checked renegade and generals. I thought origin updated these to run right on the newer systems? can someone please direct me to a current guide like from when origing supposedly updated them to now on how to setup the cfg 's? or are there some "current" patches like this year after origin updated these games to make these work right.
I uninstalleed reinstalled origin and all of the ultimate edition, the updates popped in but the map scroll speed and inability to work at a better resolution are bad. Also the mouse stops working when the menu box is up. Any helpful guid to get these working is great. Thanks.
Running windows 7 64, Pentium 3.4, nvidia gtx 670
27-04-2017 09:23 AM
 Search   Quote 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

RE: games do not work in a fresh install of origin up to C&C 3. then it works.
0. The Ultimate Collection: Disable Origin In-Game for all TUC games you have installed, then download and install Bibber's fixed TUC launchers: http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-...launchers/

1. Tiberian Dawn: get Nyerguds' unofficial 1.06c rev3 patch: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/

2. Red Alert 1: patch the game with FunkyFr3sh's setup: http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/

3. Tiberian Sun/Firestorm: patch the game with FunkyFr3sh's patch: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/2606-tib...-and-more/

4A. Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge - Option 1: download ts-ddraw from here and put it in your RA2 directory: https://forums.cncnet.org/topic/2173-loo...-ts-ddraw/

4B. Red Alert 2/Yuri's Revenge - Option 2 (since you're on Win7): set the game to run as administrator, in compatibility mode for WinXP SP3 and disable Aero and visual themes.

5. Renegade - get Tiberian Technologies' patch 4.3: http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/downloads

6. Generals/Zero Hour - get GenTool and use it to limit the game to 30 FPS: http://gentool.net/

Quote:I thought origin updated these to run right on the newer systems?
Not really.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 10:20 AM by Plokite_Wolf.)
27-04-2017 08:07 PM
 Search   Quote 
udderdischarge Offline

TUA DOES NOT WORK! Origin Version
Answer found. For some reason i could not find my own post and had to search it by author to show up. Thanks. Some one gave me a fairly comprehensive guide to fixing Origin's trainwreck.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 08:24 AM by udderdischarge.)
29-04-2017 08:10 AM
 Search   Quote 
udderdischarge Offline

Hey thanks ! I did not know if my post actually showed up. i could not find it in the forum page when I went to go look if someone had replied and asked a subsequent time thinking that i did not post this question. Is This fairly definitive? Also Origin won't let you cherry pick which of the games are "In Game" when on the page (I have a few Origin games) It only offers a "all or nothing" when doing this UNLESS I am supposed to do this in another manner then through the client can you confirm this? and one more question, On the patches, do I just DL and install them or do I have to put them in their respective game files, if so which subfolder(file) do I drop them in?> I really appreciate it and hope I can find this post in the future.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 08:39 AM by udderdischarge.)
29-04-2017 08:20 AM
 Search   Quote 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

(29-04-2017 08:20 AM)udderdischarge Wrote:  Also Origin won't let you cherry pick which of the games are "In Game" when on the page (I have a few Origin games) It only offers a "all or nothing" when doing this UNLESS I am supposed to do this in another manner then through the client can you confirm this?
To disable Origin In-Game, go to your Origin library, right-click on a game that you currently have installed, and click on Game Properties, then untick the Origin In-Game option. This will prevent Origin from overwriting the fixes, but will disable cloud saves.

(29-04-2017 08:20 AM)udderdischarge Wrote:  and one more question, On the patches, do I just DL and install them or do I have to put them in their respective game files, if so which subfolder(file) do I drop them in?> I really appreciate it and hope I can find this post in the future.
All the links I posted here, with the exception of ts-ddraw, include installers that have to be run. ts-ddraw, on the other hand, is but one file that needs to be put in the game's directory.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2017 09:46 AM by Plokite_Wolf.)
29-04-2017 09:42 AM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

RE: TUA DOES NOT WORK! Origin Version
(29-04-2017 08:10 AM)udderdischarge Wrote:  Answer found. For some reason i could not find my own post and had to search it by author to show up. Thanks. Some one gave me a fairly comprehensive guide to fixing Origin's trainwreck.

The thread was moved to the correct forum and was probably buried under the avalanche of spam we've experienced all year!

Glad that you've found the answer.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
29-04-2017 11:15 AM
 Search   Quote 
udderdischarge Offline

OK some problems. In RA2 the launcher (the bibber version) opens the origin box, This is the only one that does this. then I have to double click the game within origin to launch. dont know if this is using the launcher. I uninstalled it fully, cleaned its registry values and reinstalled it and reinstalled the launcher from march, it does the same thing. also what does ts config do for this game? I am left with no display option to raise resolution, it is not in any of the 3 .cfg files in it. Otherwise scroll speed and map speed is fine, however the launcher i think added a .cfg where the value for intro is NO but when I have to launch it and origin opens it plays the intro. The origin ingame is disabled and just to be sure I uninstalled all games and origin and cleaned registry and reinstalled them and then started all these steps just to be sure. I followed all of these steps in order.
Second, Gen tool does not work in generals, I have it but it every time I try to run it it says there is an older file (the one from the link) already on my system would I like to replace it, I say yes but it does the same thing. So I am not finding any way to option screen rate. Everything else seems fine except renegade where I put TS-Draw
02-05-2017 03:54 AM
 Search   Quote