Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
CB3 destroyed by pay2win and exploits
GoSuNo Offline

CB3 destroyed by pay2win and exploits
Closed beta 3 server no longer has any aspect of competitive gameplay.

Over the last two weeks, my alliance (FireBOLT) and four other top alliances (indicated with red squares on image) have been struggling to take the POI's of the RussianAllianceS (RAS).

Despite being superior in numbers and total score, we were clearly outmatched.
The following list explains why:
- RAS used friendly base alert exploit (when alerted inside a blob, the support structures are enough to destroy 50-100% of the attacking army).
- RAS captured high POI's. This is done by POI grinding / CP purchases / multiaccounting / abuse of the old base HP glitch.
- RAS members are pay2win players, meaning that they buy huge amounts of CP / storage. The pay2win system allows high rank players to gain 3 times more CP than those who do not pay.

Under normal circumstances, I am a good loser - and I would say; well played RAS; you've won the server. You clearly outplayed us.
However, in this case, we did not lose to you, but to your exploits and your cash.

I have concluded that the game mechanics (see list above) and the pay2win aspect has entirely destroyed the game.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in the great war against RAS in attempt of balancing the server. We did not succeed. This was because of faulty game mechanics and the pay2win aspect.

From the rank 1 non-paying player on closed beta 3, I hereby bid you farewell.

[Image: fub4fb.jpg]
05-06-2012 02:36 PM
 Search   Quote 
Mooffs Offline

RE: CB3 destroyed by pay2win and exploits
The biggest problems are the exploits and the pay2win aspect which is close to a pay2play thing due to the unholy repair times.

Huge storage in reptime and cps allows to take on bases far beyond your level, that goes for pvp and pve.
pvp example:
http://www.united-forum.de/tiberium-alli...on-108841/
(commentary in german, but i think the message is clear enough)
a lvl28 payplayer can launch 11 attacks (9 total defeats for his army) just by saveing up repairtime and cps. Considering 7hours to repair the army to full health on that level it's pretty apparent how much power that is in regards to a non-pay player, who can launch 2-4 attacks.

In addition to that we get the crazy salamanders and players who think it's fine to have multiple additional nod accounts on cb1 in their alliance (which are even named the exact same way as their main account) and have no shame in constantly abusing the alert exploit.

Although the situation is a bit different for us (we are rank1), if nothing changes, they will buy and exploit us off the server pretty soon.

Add to that the fact that given the huge POI boni everyone has, every base, even secondaries have ridiculous defenses in no time, thus beeing unbeatable without pay2play or a huge combined alliance effort (later makes no sense as long as they use the alert exploit anyway - which is also pay2play, since as a no payer you won't have enough CPs for it).

(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 03:06 PM by Mooffs.)
05-06-2012 03:05 PM
 Visit this user's website   Search   Quote 
GoSuNo Offline

@ Mooffs
Yes, the storage is a big problem

It took the RAS leader 8 attacks with 100% army losses to destroy my main base.
I would never be able to do more than 2-4 attacks as a non-paying player.
The storage is ruining both PvP and PvE, as it is possible for low bases to take very high bases (hence POI grinding).
05-06-2012 03:15 PM
 Search   Quote 
m02eav Offline
Comrade

I should add, that we was number #2 alliance before this war in score ranking;
and have a lot of second and third places in POI scores.

Now, after our victories, we have a best positions.. and it is normal.

You say that we all cheaters and so on.. Please keep your face after your defeat.
05-06-2012 04:53 PM
 Search   Quote 
GoSuNo Offline

(05-06-2012 04:53 PM)m02eav Wrote:  I should add, that we was number #2 alliance before this war in score ranking;
and have a lot of second and third places in POI scores.

Now, after our victories, we have a best positions.. and it is normal.

You say that we all cheaters and so on.. Please keep your face after your defeat.
Before you started exploiting, we were at a clear rank 1 with 7/10 top 10 members.

I have not stated ANYWHERE that you are cheaters.
Neither have I implied that I have not faced defeat.
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 05:07 PM by GoSuNo.)
05-06-2012 05:06 PM
 Search   Quote 
shamu145 Offline
Tank Steamroller

I guess it is over
(This post was last modified: 27-07-2012 10:45 PM by shamu145.)
05-06-2012 07:29 PM
 Search   Quote 
KickenDS Offline

(05-06-2012 03:05 PM)Mooffs Wrote:  In addition to that we get the crazy salamanders and players who think it's fine to have multiple additional nod accounts on cb1 in their alliance (which are even named the exact same way as their main account) and have no shame in constantly abusing the alert exploit.

Actually, and I don't blame you for thinking otherwise, those 2 accounts aren't both run by me. "DeKickenK0V" is a friend of mine. He actually helped to found PT back in the day, under the name V0LK0V, and when Nod was released he came back and just used an old EA account we used to share, hence the name. We've been friends for quite a while.

Now... about Salamanders... yea, lol.
05-06-2012 08:01 PM
 Search   Quote 
sgfan206 Offline
Somtaaw Kiith'sa

Yeah, about Salamanders ... one problem less ... (for you guys) [Image: blum3.gif]

[Image: WYJJs2]
05-06-2012 08:26 PM
 Search   Quote 
AirtjE Offline

Hey all,

Great posts and replies so far. Me and my alliance decided to accept the challenge/invite and joined the war. It's not about choosing sides, nor anything personal, we just had our own reasons.

Gameplay, why we joined at all
Before joining this event I have received several threats from opponents not to engage. They claim that everything on the server is going well and everybody enjoys the game as it is. I had my own thoughts: I enjoy a game the most if I can play it to the full extend of how the game is designed/supposed to be. The game description reads: "Build up your base, optimize your resource production and discover new attack and defence tactics as you prepare Player vs. Player and Player vs. Environment battles", so this means destroying Forgotten bases and move up, but certainly fight against some human players too. I respect how others may like their way of gaming (PvE only for example), but it's just a game and everyone has to find its own way of how to enjoy the game which for me is both PvE and PvP Smile

The reason it game is (or was) called BETA means we can help the game producers a hand by pointing out bugs, exploits and balancing issues so they can improve the game to its perfection. I think the game still needs tweaks to get things right and the only way to find out is to play it. So as you can read I have had several reasons to join the event.

The attacks
Now me and my team have gotten into many fights so far. Against Forgotten camps, outposts and bases, and also against high and low level human players. Even the stronger ones. But the fight against the Russians were of total different caliber and not exactly what we've expected. Now we're the lowest on rankings from the teams that joined, still you'd expect we could take down lower or equal leveled bases without too much difficulty. This was not true.
  • destroy a lvl 19 base with my lvl 22-23 units took us 6 attacks in a row for our members if the base was not alerted
  • destroying a level 19 guardian tower took me 2.5 to 3x as much as it would normally (as for any other defensive building or unit)
  • enemy could easily alert all their bases in camps, so at least 10-15 of them would fire their support weapons if any enemy attacked them
  • destroy a base base which is alerted gives us no chance. before any attacking unit could shoot, they were hit to -50% health due to the support buildings
  • players can save up or buy CP so they're able to attack very high level Forgotten bases, advance to the center of the map and take control of very high level POIs
  • due to the way POI are rated, due to the way players can gather high level POIs, some alliances can gain a way higher bonus, making the gap too great
  • due to the bonuses and bonus gaps, a lower alliance can never win a war against any big alliance. Not even when teaming up with other allies if waited for too long. Not on the very first few servers anyway.

Defending
Defending your base is always difficult. You don't know what kind of enemy you're against until he or she shows up with his army. However, in most cases you can team up together and quite effectively act on any incoming enemy. Everyone knows the limits: any player usually run out of CP/RP after a couple of attacks, usually around 4-8 depending on distance and choice of units. So you know what to expect. Now in this scenario I have experienced it differently.
  • the game allows people to save up and buy CP, CP slots, RP slots. this way players can save up to a huge amount that are normally not possible.
  • our enemy was able to use just 2 players to hit 25 bases of us and our allies within the hour. basically killing everybody on my screen.
  • alliance bonusses don't help much against this either if the incoming enemy has way better bonuses

Conclusion
We've seen enough for now. I think EA needs some serious thinking and tweaking if they want this game to be running smooth and succesful:
  • POI ratings and bonus advantages might need some re-work. Currently they can stack up and give teams a way too big advantage (eg. POI bonus + rank bonus = total POI bonus)
  • Support buildings should have some re-works done too, they should be limited to X range and should not be triggered with friendly fire since this probably wasn't the intention of the developers
  • Buying credits should only affect the game little, like special looks, ranks, badges, but should not affect the whole game as it does now. It ruins the game completely because it's not balanced. Paying players can be twice, hence maybe 3 or 4 times better and faster than non-paying players (eg. 4-8 attacks with CP/RP against 8-12 attacks).
I hope EA can implement these changes ASAP before launching any new server. It's too late for our Beta server 3 anyway, but there's still little hope for the others Wink

Thank you...
  • for the effort of all my team members from Echo of Silence who participated or supported our actions/this event and game so far.
  • GoSuNo for your call for help/invite/challenge and clearing things up on your end.
  • RussianAllianceS for helping out pointing the weakenesses and unbalance of the game.
  • for all playing on BETA server 3, for those participating in the event/war from both sides.
  • EA for this great game, unfortunately it still needs adjustments to make it more playable and enjoyable.

No I'm not whining, I'm sure not quitting. Still on the same server and will enjoy the game but have to adjust a bit due to what happend :-)

GG, GL and have fun @game!
Cheers
(This post was last modified: 05-06-2012 09:02 PM by AirtjE.)
05-06-2012 08:39 PM
 Search   Quote 
m02eav Offline
Comrade

You are welcome
05-06-2012 10:00 PM
 Search   Quote