Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tiberium Alliances World Championship 2017 starts April 27
nuubal Offline

RE: Tiberium Alliances World Championship 2017 starts April 27
(04-04-2017 08:11 PM)FearedWarlord Wrote:  @ nuubal, i dont think the issues from last year were to do with copy and paste tactics, what players mean is the close relationship betwwen devs and mods, so called testers getting cheaper funds, using bubble popping revesrved with 30mins notice so either u die by fa or nvidias pvp alliance kill you, hundreds of players complaining, no one doing nothing, just clarifying that
anyway have fun guys, ps i am a big fan of the game Smile

well, I knew exactly ONE dev. that was theblackone. And that was only because he was active on this forum long time ago, even before I was mod. The only person I knew was rhiorrd. He was all but no ever a "dev".
And sorry I dont understand the rest of your message.
04-04-2017 09:54 PM
 Search   Quote 
inSepp Offline
Administrator

Hey commanders!

We assure you that moderators playing in a WCS do not receive any advantages over any other player participating in the WCS.

It is true that we regularly converse with mods, but the sole purpose for this is to clear up and discuss problems appearing in the forum/game.

So as mentioned above, you don't need to worry about any unfair competition, everything proceeds fair and square to give each and every player equal chances of winning the WCS!

Thanks and have a nice weekend
07-04-2017 10:51 AM
 Search   Quote 
License2Kill1 Offline

So no one gonna tell mods about upcoming challenges so they can build rt and cp in advance? No one gonna tell them about game fixes and patches 30 min before it happened so they can move bases out of dangerous spots? No one gonna discuss game mechanics so they can build autosim? No one gonna ban mods enemies just because mods keep complaining?
May be that game still have a chance...
07-04-2017 03:34 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

Challenges don't apply to the WCS so that point is irrelevant.

I've been a mod for 9months and have never had 30 mins notice of patches being applied. All players see patches in advance on the PTE's so can learn how the work and how to respond. Some players on the PTE are very skilled at that, they're not mods! The nearest to advance warning about up-coming patches I've seen is that we've been told that they hope to roll them out sometime in the next week. More often than not it doesn't happen for more than a week so moving to avoid problems would be pointless. (I don't quite know which particular patches you're referring to as none I recall would have benefitted from moving away.)

I've never known my enemies be banned, for any reason let alone because I have complained. The only time I've ever complained I nearly got banned because support can't read English well enough to comprehend the messaging / mail system used here.

As for writing an autosim, I'd love to have those skills. I don't. Anyway, the inbuilt sim is good enough for me and many I know playing on many worlds.

As for other mods having the benefits you claim, I very much doubt it is true and it's highly unlikely you're going to be able to prove it as any communication would have been in private, it certainly wasn't in the mod skype group where we discuss the spam in the forum and moving to a new forum a lot of the time!

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2017 03:50 PM by gamerdruid.)
07-04-2017 03:47 PM
 Search   Quote 
Disturbed71 Offline
Super Community Moderator

@License2Kill1

iam always glad to read, if someone knows more than myself about internal things too, thanks for your explanation of my daily work. Smile

What i do and what i receive from the officials in my daily work stays strictly internal, but all the points you talked about, i can deny!!!

What i can confirm is, that on a normal day the Mod-Work takes me two or more hours of my own play time, helping solving player problems, keeping the forum clean from troll posts and stay in contact with the officials about problems in the game, that you all indicate, via Forum or Message.
Iam not able to ban anyone, and if i would force someone, which i don`t like to ban by the officials, iam truly the last day Mod, thats for shure.

But what some people don`t understand, i have no "enemies" in this game, i have noone as i where a normal player, and as mod also. And why? Because i only want to have fun in this game, and for me every account is equal as a mod, till the account is constructive and not destructive in Forum.
Iam shure that i got some knives in my back for my daily work, but there is still enough space to get more.

So happy weekend for all and enjoy the game!

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.
Look in my face, stare in my soul, i begin to stupify
[Image: disturbedsignaturbild_1.jpg]
"My Brothers, My Sisters, My Blood - Liberate your Mind"
07-04-2017 06:31 PM
 Search   Quote 
x-HiWay-x Offline

*blink*
08-04-2017 01:08 AM
 Search   Quote 
klickklack250 Offline

heyho

Imo the whole discussion about mods knowing this, mods knowing that is bullshit.
But this probably is human nature.
If someone is better, people are always looking for excuses.
Its impossible that someone has more skills than himself.

I am not a big fan of nvidia.
If i played a server with them, i always was enemy. I like this competition.
But at the and of the server, i always had to say: "Wow, they are f****** strong".
I have never seen a dity gamestyle, like autosim a guy of them used.

So license, how do you know, that a mod wrote the autosim?
I know who it was and this was no nvidia player or mod.

So if you dont know about a topic, better to be quiet and not spreading wild rumors.

Better they win, than an alliance exploiting the game and destroy it with that gamestyle.

more and more skilly guys will leave it, if nothing will be done against it.

regards
08-04-2017 04:17 PM
 Search   Quote 
OpaSmash Offline
Posting Freak

(07-04-2017 03:34 PM)License2Kill1 Wrote:  1. So no one gonna tell mods about upcoming challenges so they can build rt and cp in advance?

2. No one gonna tell them about game fixes and patches 30 min before it happened so they can move bases out of dangerous spots?

3. No one gonna discuss game mechanics so they can build autosim?

4. No one gonna ban mods enemies just because mods keep complaining?

5. May be that game still have a chance...

1. Right.

Story time 1:
WCS2015 - there was a challenge which reduced the reptime at the end of the server. Every Player/mod got the information at the same time. Also that challenges needed a time to "charge" before everyone got the reptime reward. So everyone had days to prepare.

So what happend. nVidia complained(!) in the official forum about the challenge and how it can manipulate the the state of the WCS. With a reduced reptime reward it would be possible to wipe out one or more stronger alliances - regardless if they have higher deff/position or support weapons.
But - because of some guys spreading rumor nvidia getting always what they want - we didnt had a chance to stop the challenge - even our arguments did make sense...

But we were lucky - our biggest enemy at this time weren't able to adopt the changes which comes with the reduced reptime and so we wiped them out in one evening. They wasted their biggest chance - on that was the evening the WCS2015 was done.

After that our enemy complained that the challenge was for nvidia... :facepalm:

2. Also right.

We were also the first alliance who reported the bubble bug and asked to fix it. And a lot of other bugs/possible exploits we found and many people never heard of it.

3. Mods discuss about game mechanics - like every player do here in the forum. Every change in mechanics will mentioned with the upcoming patchnotes. No secret voodoo hoodoo.

4. Right.

Story time 2:
Ever heard of the player named forcewolf?

WCS2014 - a lone wolf named forcewolf who committed account farming all night and all day. One of the biggest ever.
He cheated his way up so far, that he were able to kill the WCS2014 fortress - ALONE - with one(!) single attack(!!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAc8yCcgjqY

Lucky for us such an uber account needs time to develop and we had the time we need to make all nvidia endgames before he went to strong. But nvidia did report this obvious account farmer day over day. First via forum and later, when i got asked to be a mod, I reported him again.
But lucky for him - nothing happend. Guess why? Mod doesnt have super powers Smile with the ecxeption of methu - his super power is "super coolness" and a ton of patience I will never have.

time will show - but IMO the responsibility is 50:50 split between envision and the community, which needs to be healthy and not like a horde envy teenagers

---
Ingame: OpaSmash
CiC nVidia Alliances
09-04-2017 06:42 PM
 Search   Quote 
1_Putin_V_V_ Offline

(09-04-2017 06:42 PM)OpaSmash Wrote:  
(07-04-2017 03:34 PM)License2Kill1 Wrote:  1. So no one gonna tell mods about upcoming challenges so they can build rt and cp in advance?

2. No one gonna tell them about game fixes and patches 30 min before it happened so they can move bases out of dangerous spots?

3. No one gonna discuss game mechanics so they can build autosim?

4. No one gonna ban mods enemies just because mods keep complaining?

5. May be that game still have a chance...

1. Right.

Story time 1:
WCS2015 - there was a challenge which reduced the reptime at the end of the server. Every Player/mod got the information at the same time. Also that challenges needed a time to "charge" before everyone got the reptime reward. So everyone had days to prepare.

So what happend. nVidia complained(!) in the official forum about the challenge and how it can manipulate the the state of the WCS. With a reduced reptime reward it would be possible to wipe out one or more stronger alliances - regardless if they have higher deff/position or support weapons.
But - because of some guys spreading rumor nvidia getting always what they want - we didnt had a chance to stop the challenge - even our arguments did make sense...

But we were lucky - our biggest enemy at this time weren't able to adopt the changes which comes with the reduced reptime and so we wiped them out in one evening. They wasted their biggest chance - on that was the evening the WCS2015 was done.

After that our enemy complained that the challenge was for nvidia... :facepalm:

2. Also right.

We were also the first alliance who reported the bubble bug and asked to fix it. And a lot of other bugs/possible exploits we found and many people never heard of it.

time will show - but IMO the responsibility is 50:50 split between envision and the community, which needs to be healthy and not like a horde envy teenagers

he meant that you went to zone 18+ , while all the others were afraid to go there. And then miraculously left her for half an hour before the patch, when all others have lost shields.
10-04-2017 12:08 PM
 Search   Quote 
nuldaan Offline

LOL...nobody is going to openly admit they gain an advantage from their respective role within this game. The best politicians employ plausible deniability...what me? Never.
10-04-2017 09:25 PM
 Search   Quote