Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blue/Green Camp ratio
jlimbo987 Offline

Blue/Green Camp ratio
Hi guys,

We're playing on an old eco world, and we're having a nightmare with the camps being spawned.

Most of the top players have a bucket load of crystals being stored. For many, they have well over 100T and some upto 150T and beyond. That's enough for us to max out most of our bases. However, we get far more blue camps spawn than green ones and it's causing a lot of problems as the only way guys can get enough tib is to snipe camps others are simming. It's causing some major friction between players in the same alliance.

For example, there were 11 lvl65 camps on our map, all of them blue. I killed 3 of them to try and generate a green one, but they were replaced with more blue. I understand that this is appropriate for a new eco world where crystal is in shorter supply, but it's crazy for us as the thing we need most is power, and we can't get enough tib to upgrade it

Can we please adjust the game's maths so we get more green than blue
(This post was last modified: 23-03-2017 03:12 AM by jlimbo987.)
22-03-2017 10:33 PM
 Search   Quote 
jlimbo987 Offline

Blue/Green Camp ratio
Hi guys,

We're playing on an old eco world, and we're having a nightmare with the camps being spawned.

Most of the top players have a bucket load of crystals being stored. For many, they have well over 100T and some upto 150T and beyond. That's enough for us to max out most of our bases. However, we get far more blue camps spawn than green ones and it's causing a lot of problems as the only way guys can get enough tib is to snipe camps others are simming. It's causing some major friction between players in the same alliance.

For example, there were 11 lvl65 camps on our map, all of them blue. I killed 3 of them to try and generate a green one, but they were replaced with more blue. I understand that this is appropriate for a new eco world where crystal is in shorter supply, but it's crazy for us as the thing we need most is power, and we can't get enough tib to upgrade it

Can we please adjust the game's maths so we get more green than blue
25-03-2017 05:33 AM
 Search   Quote 
Disturbed71 Offline
Super Community Moderator

RE: Blue/Green Camp ratio
I play also on old eco and the ratio is the same more blue than green camps. Somedays you shot blue and get very less green camps, on other days you shot blue and get much more green camp ratio back.

Its a balance system created in very old times and i guess to limit the ressouces a little bit.

And i don`t know it the basic ration with green and blue camps was changed for actual worlds.

The other Point is the problems within an alliance shooting these camps. Its a normal rule for every cic to set some rules for daily alliance business, such as in normal live.
And stealing camps from another not depending if own player own alliance wing is bad play and normaly forbidden and takes consequences, to prevent unneccessary anger from any team.
So i know this very well, all human are different some has style some not, but if someone inform me about and i give an order and someone still continuing, he can leave the alliance and play his own game not a team game.
Better gameplay is for highoffs to preshoot camps for lowoffs of the own alliance that lowoffs get more ressources in a healthy team its not a problem.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.
Look in my face, stare in my soul, i begin to stupify
[Image: disturbedsignaturbild_1.jpg]
"My Brothers, My Sisters, My Blood - Liberate your Mind"
25-03-2017 12:59 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

hehehehe!

Old world player here as well, I feel your pain. I think it is 50/50 but on those old worlds everyone in the big spawn areas is hunting green so blue proliferates.

25-03-2017 02:39 PM
 Search   Quote 
jlimbo987 Offline

I would generally agree, the issue is that we now have nearly 50 bases that should be able to kill lvl65 camps, and nobody wants to shoot blue ones as they're a waste of CP. We have had rules in place to prevent sniping, but with so few tib camps about that you never see one that isn't being simmed by someone else, so you can't hit a tib camp without sniping someone, and we can't get enough tib by hitting blue camps. When guys are spending upto 1.5T of tib a day (and that's when only spending tib is 1/3 of their bases), it just doesn't work. You need around 20 tib camps a day to get that, if you have do it by hitting blues, then it needs over 30 and you don't get enough cp to do that ( those of a more cynical disposition might think that EA are just trying to get us to buy lots of cp crates)

As you say, the balance was set early on, but it works for new eco worlds since the power production maths was adjusted. By making that adjustment, the devs were accepting that they'd got it wrong, as they always assumed that crystal would be the most important resource and hence the current predominance of blue camps. On old eco worlds it isn't, tib is, and big tib camps are like rocking horse droppings.

We have tried setting minimum off lvls for hitting green camps, among other limitations, but that just breeds further resentment and is difficult to police and we're at the stage where we can't kick guys as there's nobody strong enough to replace them.

As for the high off pre shooting for low off guys, we've setup our current alliance to get remaining players through the endgame who otherwise wouldn't be able to get their badges. So we have half the alliance with off lvls 62+, and the rest between 48 and 56. We've set up farming zones for those guys using our lower lvl bases so we are helping them out, but we're still trying to grow ourselves too.

It can't take much more than modifying a line of code or adding a few more lines to adjust the ratio. I get that they don't want to make things too easy, but with things as they are, they making it near impossible once you get to the top levels. Not exactly a great reward for the time and effort it's taken to get there
26-03-2017 01:50 AM
 Search   Quote 
123wellz Offline

Another old world guy here and we too see this all the time - I literally only hit green camps with the only exception being crate grabs. Complete waste of time to hit blues.

Thankfully we respect each other when we see someone else is simming and in the few cases someone gets sniped they usually get called out on it and they soften up the next one to make good on it (usually it isn't intentional)

So here is a +1 to the idea of adjusting the ratios on old economy worlds
31-03-2017 02:32 PM
 Search   Quote