(05-05-2012 08:01 PM)Walace59 Wrote: [PVP = WASTE OF TIME]
Problem: At the moment there is zero incentive to PVP.
Solution: Allow us to capture enemy bases (NOT the one you start out with). To balance this you are limited to capturing only 1 free base off an enemy. Should you capture another enemies second/third you will be given the option to destroy it. If your base gets destroyed you do not need to research it again, you simply have to replace it and build it from scratch. This also gives people incentive to build up their bases equally.
That would only increase PvP incentives for high-leveled warlords, who are pretty much the only people who do PvP right now. "Normal" players would be terrified of losing months of work in the period of a few minutes, and thus they would avoid other players even more and possibly even retreat to the coastline.
That's the fatal flaw with well over half of all PvP suggestions that I have seen. There are two
components of each PvP participant:offense and defense. Most suggestions only target the former and either ignore or bury the latter. All players have to worry about both attacking and
defending. This means that nerfing the heck out of defenders would also be nerfing those very same people who go out and attack stuff.
As for things that would increase incentives without making people want to run away and cower on the edge of the map, we already have a good step in that direction in the form of the upcoming Points-Of-Interest. Besides all of the currently planned POIs, there could maybe be POIs that grant unique and powerful units and/or researches (like a Mutant Hovel that lets you train Forgotten units). Maybe there could be extra-powerful support structures for alliances to capture, or something that increases their population cap. The possibilities are endless.
Other issues not listed:
- Many units are missing sounds, such as Titans, Demolishers, Guardian Cannons, Flaks, MG Nests, Scrap Buses, Watchtowers, and Reapers. Solution: add in the sounds.
- Firehawks are virtually the only anti-structure unit that people use, and they are built in numbers that blot out the sun. Solution: reduce their ammunition by something like 15-20%, so that they still kill a lot of buildings in the front BUT players actually need to send in non-Firehawk units (Heaven forbid) to finish off the target.
- Commandos, Riflemen, Snipers, and Zone Troopers all use the same firing sound. Solution: give Snipers their CnC3 sniper rifle sound, give ZT's their railguns, and give Commandos their C4.
- The Kodiak is underwhelming for the most expensive offense research. Sure, they can be used as distractions when not built past level 1, but overall they are the least cost-effective structure killer in the game. Solution: buff damage and ammo to equal that of the Juggernaut, to make give incentives to upgrade them past level 1.
- Certain Forgotten units are good against targets that they're not supposed to be good against. Solution: make them specialized.
- Other stuff that I can't think of right now.