Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
A complete list of things need fixing / balancing.
Walace59 Offline

A complete list of things need fixing / balancing.
Ok we all know there are some serious unbalancing issues in this game. Im going to try compile a list of everything that needs to be buffed or reduced. Feel free to add your own and if it is a big problem I will add it to the main post for admins to see.

[TIBERIUM & CRYSTAL PRODUCTION]

Problem: Higher level players know how useless harvesters are to have in their main base, they account for less and less of your daily resource income the stronger you become.

Solution: Buff the production on each level by a factor of 5.

[POWER PRODUCTION]

Problem: Just like above, power production just cannot keep up with the amount of resources being raided on a daily bases. The stronger you become the bigger your surplus of resources will become.

Solution: Buff power production by a factor of 5.

[NOT ENOUGH TIBERIUM FROM RAIDS]

Problem: There is too much crystal being looted from camps/outposts/bases compared to tiberium. A recent patch said it was made more balanced but obviously not balanced enough.

Solution: Make it 50/50.

[INFANTRY TOO SLOW]

Problem: By the time infantry get to the battlefield your vehicles and air units are already too far ahead to be supported by them. This means they are a lot less effective than they should be. Unless you send an entire infantry wave there is no point in using many of them.

Solution: Make them faster than they are now but slower than a guardian, at least.

[INFANTRY RANGE TOO SHORT]

Problem: Units like zone troopers and commandos range is too short. Scoopers destroy a single zone trooper because of its greater range. Commandos are the infantry equivilant to jugernauts and kodiacs and likewise they should have a 2.5 range also.

Solution: Increase the range to 2.5 for the above mentioned units.

[PVP = WASTE OF TIME]

Problem: At the moment there is zero incentive to PVP.

Solution: Allow us to capture enemy bases (NOT the one you start out with). To balance this you are limited to capturing only 1 free base off an enemy. Should you capture another enemies second/third you will be given the option to destroy it. If your base gets destroyed you do not need to research it again, you simply have to replace it and build it from scratch. This also gives people incentive to build up their bases equally. There would be a limit of +/- 2 levels on a player capturing another players base. If you are outside this range you would not capture the base OR get the option to destroy it, it would be just like it is now. You get the resources and your enemy has to relocate with their base intact.

[COMMAND POINTS AND REPAIR TIMES]

This is a 2 part problem;

Part 1: There is no incentive to have 2/3/4 really strong armys when your CP is distributed between all bases.

Solution: Let each base have its own set of CP.

Part 2: The majority of high level players will use up their repair time far quicker than their CP.

Solution: Remove RT and simply limit us each day by CP. Instead of airfield/barracks/factory reducing repair time, each level gives +1% damage output and defence.

[SCOOPERS ATTACKING AIR UNITS]

Problem: Scoopers are the forgotton versions of predators. Predators cannot attack air units and neither should scoopers.

Solution: Remove their ability to attack air units.

[FORUM LOGIN]

Problem: No login button on forums, we have to go to the main page to log in.

Solution: Make a login button diectly on forums.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 05:33 PM by Walace59.)
05-05-2012 08:01 PM
 Visit this user's website   Search   Quote 
FupDup Offline
Level 332 Retired CnC:TA Veteran

RE: A complete list of things need fixing / balancing.
(05-05-2012 08:01 PM)Walace59 Wrote:  [PVP = WASTE OF TIME]
Problem: At the moment there is zero incentive to PVP.

Solution: Allow us to capture enemy bases (NOT the one you start out with). To balance this you are limited to capturing only 1 free base off an enemy. Should you capture another enemies second/third you will be given the option to destroy it. If your base gets destroyed you do not need to research it again, you simply have to replace it and build it from scratch. This also gives people incentive to build up their bases equally.

That would only increase PvP incentives for high-leveled warlords, who are pretty much the only people who do PvP right now. "Normal" players would be terrified of losing months of work in the period of a few minutes, and thus they would avoid other players even more and possibly even retreat to the coastline.

That's the fatal flaw with well over half of all PvP suggestions that I have seen. There are two components of each PvP participant:offense and defense. Most suggestions only target the former and either ignore or bury the latter. All players have to worry about both attacking and defending. This means that nerfing the heck out of defenders would also be nerfing those very same people who go out and attack stuff.

As for things that would increase incentives without making people want to run away and cower on the edge of the map, we already have a good step in that direction in the form of the upcoming Points-Of-Interest. Besides all of the currently planned POIs, there could maybe be POIs that grant unique and powerful units and/or researches (like a Mutant Hovel that lets you train Forgotten units). Maybe there could be extra-powerful support structures for alliances to capture, or something that increases their population cap. The possibilities are endless.

Other issues not listed:
  • Many units are missing sounds, such as Titans, Demolishers, Guardian Cannons, Flaks, MG Nests, Scrap Buses, Watchtowers, and Reapers. Solution: add in the sounds.
  • Firehawks are virtually the only anti-structure unit that people use, and they are built in numbers that blot out the sun. Solution: reduce their ammunition by something like 15-20%, so that they still kill a lot of buildings in the front BUT players actually need to send in non-Firehawk units (Heaven forbid) to finish off the target.
  • Commandos, Riflemen, Snipers, and Zone Troopers all use the same firing sound. Solution: give Snipers their CnC3 sniper rifle sound, give ZT's their railguns, and give Commandos their C4.
  • The Kodiak is underwhelming for the most expensive offense research. Sure, they can be used as distractions when not built past level 1, but overall they are the least cost-effective structure killer in the game. Solution: buff damage and ammo to equal that of the Juggernaut, to make give incentives to upgrade them past level 1.
  • Certain Forgotten units are good against targets that they're not supposed to be good against. Solution: make them specialized.
  • Other stuff that I can't think of right now.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 08:30 PM by FupDup.)
05-05-2012 08:24 PM
 Search   Quote 
Walace59 Offline

Thats a good point with big players crushing smaller ones. Perhaps a limit of +/-2 to the base you can attack, this will stop level 20 bases crushing level 12 players.

With regards to sounds I think that would be very low priority.

Firehawks have a very high damage output but they have VERY low armour, 2 of them wouldnt take down a flak on equal level. Even a scrap buss can take down 1 1/2. Because of this I left them out.
05-05-2012 08:38 PM
Scase Offline

Firehawks are fine, the fact that they are ONLY used to take down bases is exactly the reason why you don't send other units in. The other units are to take out defenses. Occasionally if there's a boatload of flak cannons I'll just send in my 4 jugs instead of my 4 hawks. The only issue there is the huge firing range makes it tough to make it to a CY all the way in the back and still have ammo.

Commandos are not a viable option either, too weak, too slow, etc.

[Image: 34grb89.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 09:03 PM by Scase.)
05-05-2012 09:03 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sageterious2 Offline

the problem is not necessarily that harvesters and power plants are too weak, its that the camps and outposts give too many resources, so a better solution would be to nerf the resources gained from killing camps/outposts/bases. as it is, one single attack gives me 8-14 million resources.... i couldnt even legitimately hold all of my resources in silos in any reasonable way so continuous harvester production does nothing. if we need to depend on harvesters for resources then they once again become a viable build option. the scaling on harvesters might need some looking into as well, as it takes 15 days to recover spent resources going from 18 to 19 alone.

as far as repair time and CP. i agree, there needs to be some changing made to make it beneficial to build a second or third army, but im not sure how it should be done. i dont think i want to have 5 identical bases and have to attack with all 5 all the time, but having 4 bases stuffed with refineries seems like 4 useless bases in a sense as well. for repair time, i feel it is a part of the game that is absolutely necessary. it separates skillful attacks from zerging a base to kill it. if there is no consequence is sending and losing all of my troops, then lets just send them in over and over every time.

pvp - if someone's base dies or gets taken when it is killed, then people will be quitting left and right. a more appropriate solution might be that you gain all of the production from that base for the next 5 hours or something (with a cap of like 3 bases). its not just the part where you dont get a huge benefit from it, but also the CP cost especially when you have to consider your repair time. going back to the top, if camp/outpost resources are majorly nerfed, then attacking another persons base (esp since they will need harvesters) can turn out to be very profitable.
05-05-2012 09:35 PM
 Search   Quote 
Walace59 Offline

I dont think anything should be slowed down in this game, its already painfully slow as it is. With the upcoming POI update things might slow down for a lot of the lower level alliances and players.

Forgot about resource caps with increased silo production. I'd imagine if power was also buffed a significant amount then you should hit the resource cap a lot less.
05-05-2012 09:46 PM
FupDup Offline

(05-05-2012 09:03 PM)Scase Wrote:  Firehawks are fine, the fact that they are ONLY used to take down bases

I have seen many, many posts in which people talk about having 6+ Firehawks and literally no other anti-structure unit. And all of those players are doing very well without other anti-structure units. Firehawks are certainly "intended" for only killing bases, but they are widely used as a cure-all by just about everyone. It would be impossible to get away with that using any other structure-killer.
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2012 10:02 PM by FupDup.)
05-05-2012 10:01 PM
 Search   Quote 
Walace59 Offline

Once you start to encounter flaks you are FORCED to use other anti structure units, because of this I dont think they are overpowered.
05-05-2012 11:09 PM
FupDup Offline

(05-05-2012 11:09 PM)Walace59 Wrote:  Once you start to encounter flaks you are FORCED to use other anti structure units, because of this I dont think they are overpowered.

I heard somewhere that a Firehawk will take down a single Flak of similar level in a 1 on 1 (I haven't tried it so I can't verify). I personally only use 3 Firehawks per base and I only send them at the conyard, but there are many, many people who use them on the front line--and do surprisingly well.
05-05-2012 11:19 PM
 Search   Quote 
Walace59 Offline

Yeah thats not true. A scrap bus leaves an equal level firehawk dead or like 10% hp, imagine what a flak does.
05-05-2012 11:22 PM