Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Testing on PTE of 17.2
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

Testing on PTE of 17.2
Those of you who don't visit the PTE's will be interested to know that some features announced in 17.2 have been shown to not work properly yet.

In particular, whilst the search feature does work for mails, the messaging system itself has been rendered useless by the introduction of this feature. The developers are aware of this and working on it.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
28-02-2017 06:27 PM
 Search   Quote 
bigggbosssz Offline

RE: Testing on PTE of 17.2
yeah today i stop the testing because mr fuchsma use a script wich can automatic kills camps at sight

i told EA about it and they do nothing about it.
all is allowed on a testserver,

so players can develope a script on a testerver and use it on a paid server.
for 2 years this script is being used , with no proof till now.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 11:18 AM by bigggbosssz.)
01-03-2017 08:36 AM
 Search   Quote 
0--Mr_Rare--0 Offline

So PTE2 come not online soon ?
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 09:54 AM by 0--Mr_Rare--0.)
01-03-2017 09:40 AM
 Search   Quote 
Synthia44 Offline

offtopic
@bigboss
wich problem is caused by patch 17.2.
cant read this out of your post.

backtopic
Mail system does not work at all.
nice idea but one cant read any content of mails (in and outgoing)

reallocation distance seems to work, but there are not enough forgotten bases. perhaps respawn rate of bases should get higher on PTE...

forgotten attacks:
forgotten commando and buster should allways go direkt or maximum one left or right to construction yard. often they run sensless into your base (for my luck) and harm only some uncritical structure; because on PTE you can quick repair this by cheat menue..
Last row of forgotten attack must be a commando or big building destructor on direct way to construction yard I think.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 12:46 PM by Synthia44.)
01-03-2017 12:43 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

The mail system error has been noted and is being worked on (see OP)

Comments on the 'visitplayer' button replacing 'attack' when clicking on an fellow alliance member would be useful. I've seen comments about people liking the feature (especially from a far distance) but they also commented sadly that it would no longer be possible to sim against an alliance member to help with improving their defence, used a lot in wartime.

Disclaimer:

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
01-03-2017 01:55 PM
 Search   Quote 
chertosha Offline

(01-03-2017 08:36 AM)bigggbosssz Wrote:  mr fuchsma use a script wich can automatic kills camps at sight
i told EA about it and they do nothing about it.
all is allowed on a testserver,
so players can develope a script on a testerver and use it on a paid server.
for 2 years this script is being used , with no proof till now.

Is this some attack automation on top of autosim?
I also reported a player on the pte2 who does something similar, although from reports it seems to be the w100 script variety

It used to be that pvp was a big part of the game, but that was made unproductive and even crippling because of endless exploits.
It used to be that digging was a big part of the game, but the morale stuff cripples digging almost on par with pvp.
One thing that becomes crucial for getting an advantage in worlds with morale and forgotten attacks - is farming. Whoever farms better - gets an edge in development.
We shall now increasingly see alliances farm their way to the center.

Farming is almost as boring as locking for hours.
And an auto-autosim is something that gives you an edge at farming without putting any effort! That's the next winning strategy for whoever manages to do that! And how do you fight it if it's almost undetectable, and almost unprovable?

As much as I love the game, this is very disheartening.
There must be a choice made by the developers on which route is designed to be a winning strategy, and that strategy to be the most fun part of the game to attract people to it. Frankly, I don't have a solution in mind though.
01-03-2017 06:18 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

My only suggestion would be shot down in flames - changing the system so that no external scripts worked while at the same time building into the core the majority of popular script functionality.

I know that it is going to be an unpopular approach and it is a one I think is unlikely to be taken.

An auto-farming script may exist, proving it sufficiently to generate action is next to impossible.

Disclaimer:

01-03-2017 07:20 PM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(01-03-2017 12:43 PM)Synthia44 Wrote:  Mail system does not work at all.
nice idea but one cant read any content of mails (in and outgoing)

reallocation distance seems to work, but there are not enough forgotten bases. perhaps respawn rate of bases should get higher on PTE...

We are on it, the mail system is fixed internally and get rolled out to PTE very soon. We also consider to repopulate the Forgotten on the PTE for proper relocation.

(01-03-2017 06:18 PM)chertosha Wrote:  As much as I love the game, this is very disheartening.
There must be a choice made by the developers on which route is designed to be a winning strategy, and that strategy to be the most fun part of the game to attract people to it. Frankly, I don't have a solution in mind, though.

I know this is a sensible topic but I try to clarify one simple point which is unrelated to any reports.

I talk and talked in the past, personally to people reported as auto simmers who can't understand the buzz, some of them play the game for many years and are incredibly good. Even if you insist you are able to spot the differences between a man made combat and a script made combat, this might applies to you. I personally am not able to spot the difference, I looked at many reported combats but I am a less experienced combatant myself and can honestly say I am not able to spot whether this is man made or script made. And even though you know the person is using it, you need to be able to proof it, this is a very simple rule of law that applies everywhere. Knowing it because you are the 1% that can spot the difference is not a proof, it still remains an assumption. Also, there is no automated or code wise way to find out if someone is using it since its all happening in the client/browser, which is pretty much the nature problem of browser games. So let me make this clear, there is no way to proof someone is using a script in looking at replays, there might be for you, but not officially and legit. I know this sucks because I facepalm the fools using such tools as well.

So, what options do we have, we are looking at different ways of dealing with it which are game mechanics, though. I know there is the argument of looking at times and how fast a formation is being built and combat executed. We can add a spotter into the code for that, which then gets easily eliminated with one or two code lines to the script, simply adding random wait times.

So you see, we already are ahead of solution and counter solution multiple times. At this moment, however, we have no solution and are turning circles right now. We might all need to step a step back, stop blaming each and everyone being a script user, align together as alliances and just force those suspected players out.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 04:13 PM by rhiordd.)
02-03-2017 09:41 AM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

And please don't get me wrong, I have no problem to ban people at all, but I have a problem banning people on other players assumptions. I can't do that since I have rules to obey myself. I am simply neutral and want the best possible solution, that is FAIR, for everybody.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 04:11 PM by rhiordd.)
02-03-2017 10:39 AM
 Search   Quote 
bigggbosssz Offline

yeah thats the answer we still get, we have proof of at least one player using autoattack and included autosim , sen by more than 20 players. we already gave proof to EA and a mod was online . but this player can still go one and use it and even develope it further. but U mr. rhiord you are the only one who can look in his info but you realy dont care about fair play. thats the reason i never funds again.
2 years this script is going under investigation but you dont do anything about ... why i wonder?
<<name removed>> the maker of this script admitted in chat he use it lot of players read the chat even a moderator, was online
so what more proof do you want.
its better to admit cheaters are winning worlds, and tell players about it

<<name removed>> - it is against forum rules to 'name and shame' GD

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 11:46 AM by gamerdruid.)
02-03-2017 11:33 AM
 Search   Quote