Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Attacked while recovering
AdmiralSaleig Offline

Attacked while recovering
***** Session

1. If your base is wiped out and you relocate, why can you still be attacked and not be able to attack back? I've been attacked and wiped out. Then I moved. then I get attacked and wiped out again without being able to hit back. How fracking dumb is that? Just a suggestion that needs to be changed.

2. Alliances with 50 members sitting on all the POI's and camping there. How can a new player or players possibly win? Limit the number of people in an alliance to like maybe 5-10 players tops; it would be far more fair and equitable and make for better games. The only way to win now is to join one of these dumb alliances with people who think they really are something special. They're nothing special but their personalities are awful.

3. I'm playing on a North American server why all the fracking Germans??? So when I am asleep they're attacking me and vice versa. This is stupid.

***** over. I'll be limiting my play as this game is asinine.
12-02-2017 09:21 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

RE: Attacked while recovering
(12-02-2017 09:21 PM)AdmiralSaleig Wrote:  ***** Session

1. If your base is wiped out and you relocate, why can you still be attacked and not be able to attack back? I've been attacked and wiped out. Then I moved. then I get attacked and wiped out again without being able to hit back. How fracking dumb is that? Just a suggestion that needs to be changed.
You need to leave enough time between your 'death' and when you rematerialise to allow you to totally repair your defences. Respawn too early and you get killed, either by the forgotten on an enemy player.

Quote:2. Alliances with 50 members sitting on all the POI's and camping there. How can a new player or players possibly win? Limit the number of people in an alliance to like maybe 5-10 players tops; it would be far more fair and equitable and make for better games. The only way to win now is to join one of these dumb alliances with people who think they really are something special. They're nothing special but their personalities are awful.
If you're good enough you'll be invited to join, if not you won't. The size of the alliance doesn't really matter as they often are in a group of alliances anyway - so it's not just 50 members with 10 bases each but 250 members with an average of 8 each. They're not all sitting on POI's some are digging and later some are farming to build up to hit the fortress. Don't join a server late as you have observed, the strong alliances will control the world very quickly.
Quote:3. I'm playing on a North American server why all the fracking Germans??? So when I am asleep they're attacking me and vice versa. This is stupid.
The regional variations of the servers are now none existent as EA/Envision launch worlds according to the type. Tiberium worlds are Forgotten attack worlds and Firestorm or Wrath are what they refer to as classical worlds, non-forgotten attack worlds. They seem to have abandoned the regional nature of the worlds except for the time of launch. This is probably as a result of players themselves ignoring the regional nature of the worlds and joining whichever world is launched when they wish to join a new world.

You've discovered the downside to a global game. Some players actually use subs to mitigate this so that their account can be active almost 24/7 in some way.
Quote:***** over. I'll be limiting my play as this game is asinine.
You are entitled to your opinion.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2017 11:15 PM by gamerdruid.)
12-02-2017 11:14 PM
 Search   Quote 
CoffeeeQueen Offline
The CoffeeGoddess

RE: Attacked while recovering
(12-02-2017 11:14 PM)gamerdruid Wrote:  [The regional variations of the servers are now none existent as EA/Envision launch worlds according to the type. Tiberium worlds are Forgotten attack worlds and Firestorm or Wrath are what they refer to as classical worlds, non-forgotten attack worlds. They seem to have abandoned the regional nature of the worlds except for the time of launch. This is probably as a result of players themselves ignoring the regional nature of the worlds and joining whichever world is launched when they wish to join a new world.

Actually this is not quite correct.

Not all Wrath servers are classic servers, in fact most are not. Nor are Firestorm. There was even one Tiberium server that was a classic I believe.

There are 2 types of servers, IE game play,
  • Forgotten Attacks
  • Classic

There is also a Veteran's server but that's completely separate from the standard server roll out.

The Servers are actually regionally based but the game itself is international. The name of the server tells one where the server is located.
Tiberium = European server
Wrath = North American server
Firestorm = Asian/Pacific Island server

This allows people who have connectivity issues outside their region to easily choose a server that is right for them.

Granted most Classic servers are on Wrath or Firestorm servers but I think that is coincidence.

To the OP AdmiralSaleig:

Please learn the basics of the game before complaining about it.

If you are attacked and killed don't respawn until you can retaliate OR take your 40 space jump and spawn far enough away from the enemy that they can't kill you again.

Also this is a team play game hence the name Tiberium ALLIANCES
If you don't want to play in an Alliance maybe you should be playing a different game where you are not expected to play as part of a team.

~The Coffee Goddess~
14-02-2017 03:16 PM
 Search   Quote