Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Question about being attacked.....
lazoputz Offline

Question about being attacked.....
Not sure I have the right forum for "venting" purposes. Can someone tell me why EA deems it necessary to have the Forgotten bases do multiple attacks until they destroy your base? Seems unfair that even when you are online, you can do nothing more than sit there helpless to avoid death. Even a few seconds between attacks would enable an online player to at least save some stored resources. But no, you simply get to watch your hard work go up in smoke. I realize you can park your bases way back in a safe zone, but then there is no way to advance in one human lifespan. If anyone has a way of circumventing this dilemma, please post it here. I am sure a lot of players who want to advance, leave in exasperation after spending days constantly repairing their base, only to have it blown up again as soon as.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2017 09:40 AM by gamerdruid.)
11-02-2017 08:14 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

RE: Question about being attacked
I split this out of the topic you originally posted it in because you posted it in the wrong forum and in a 3 year old thread necro bumped by our favorite spammer.

Back on topic, staying alive in the forgotten attacks servers isn't really that difficult you just have to play it differently. In a non FA server you can risk ignoring our defense and hope no one notices and you might get away with it. The forgotten do not endlessly attack you, depending on where you are on the map the attacks come in groups but the groups are not huge and if you are playing decent defense you'll survive especially if you are not in over your head location wise.

11-02-2017 08:20 PM
 Search   Quote 
mcwebtree Offline

Basically another way of looking at it is that attacking you is what they do, that's why they're called forgotten attack worlds.

Your solution is a better defence. Also pay attention to the base wave area you're in. If in doubt get the excellent Wavy chrome extension.
12-02-2017 01:36 AM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

My main complaint was not so much that I get attacked by much larger forgottens than what should be warranted, give my location, but that there is ZERO time between attacks to allow any hope of escaping certain death. I am getting so pissed off, as is much of my alliance, that some of us will no doubt give up and look for a gaming experience that isn't so one-sided.
12-02-2017 03:24 AM
 Search   Quote 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

(12-02-2017 03:24 AM)lazoputz Wrote:  My main complaint was not so much that I get attacked by much larger forgottens than what should be warranted, give my location, but that there is ZERO time between attacks to allow any hope of escaping certain death. I am getting so pissed off, as is much of my alliance, that some of us will no doubt give up and look for a gaming experience that isn't so one-sided.

No offense but u simply have not learned how to play forgotten attack servers. U only venture into an area where u can survive. Currently there are two popular ways to go about it (1) Wave riding (2) Tunnel digging.

(1) Wave riding - In this method u want to get attacked as much as possible. U want one strong main base to be venturing into high (4 or 5 wave) forgotten wave area. The defense has to be strong enough to survive attacks - the thumb-rule is for 4 waves within 5-6 levels of the biggest forgotten base in range and within 3-4 levels if going for 5 wave.

The idea is to also kill only the necessary bases, so all the alliance gets attacked enough and u gain crystal from forgotten attacks. To maximize the attacks all the rest of the bases should be in so called 0-wave zone (basically a zone where all forgotten bases in range are killed and there are no command centers on the cash bases of any of the players which means no forgotten camp/OP or bases in range to attack.) This used to be the way to play earlier, however, nowadays most top alliances have abandoned this approach.

(2) Tunnel digging - This method requires a lot of teamwork and discipline but is the most effective way to play. An alliance digs in a narrow tunnel - 20-25 tiles wide. The idea is to kill all forgotten bases in the tunnel so that all bases stay in 1-2 waves at most at any given time. In this method, u need to have high power production in main base and overall high credit production.

In this method, u can dig a lot deeper than the previous method. In the earlier method u could attack bases 8-10 levels higher than your offense level while in this method u can attack bases 16-17 levels higher. U kill less bases but get much more return both in terms of resources and research point. One will most definitely die often at the front but hopefully after having transferred out the resources from killing FBs. The dying often is not an issue since bonus recovery takes only 6 hrs and one can almost immediately respawn back in the tunnel gathering RT for the next days.
12-02-2017 09:30 AM
 Search   Quote 
chertosha Offline

lazo, the number of attacks that you get is determined by the number of forgotten bases in radius 10.0 from your base's location, if there are 40-49 bases, you get 4 waves, if it's 30-39 you get 3 waves, if it's 20-29 you get 2 waves, 19 bases and less you get one wave. The defense you need to withstand those would vary significantly, so just look out for the spot you are putting your base in. There is an excellent script that tells you exactly how many waves there are around each spot, here it is:
https://openuserjs.org/scripts/petui/Tib...ances_Wavy
works either on chrome or in firefox
17-02-2017 09:07 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

There is an extension for chrome in the chrome store with the same or similar name, does the same job and may be the same script without installing a separate script. Search in the store for tiberium alliances wavy

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
18-02-2017 11:51 AM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

Thank you both for that information. It is very helpful to understand the mechanics of how these attacks are generated. I am sort of a purist though, and rather than using a third party script, at least now I can do my own calculations on finding hop locations. I only wish I had read these two messages 15 minutes ago, before I hopped into a hornet's nest. Lol
18-02-2017 09:09 PM
 Search   Quote