Poll: I want to increase the energy in the old economy
YES
NO
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 5 Average
new life for the OLD Economy
Vipera75 Offline

RE: new life for the OLD Economy
(31-01-2017 09:31 PM)methuselah Wrote:  This is a really good suggestion but not exactly for the reasons mentioned. I know the reason I hang onto my old servers is because

1) I'm still having fun and
2) Due to the lack of power I don't feel like I'm done.

Fixing the power issue in those old servers would facilitate people "finishing" what they started and encourage new servers being started (for some.) My guess is this would be a good thing.

Right, many players abandon their old servers because their growth is too slow and because they are still small, you moderator trying to bring this to the one who controls it, it would not be enough to turn it into a new economy but a middle ground, or Unlocking structures beyond level 65, at least if one is aiming to raise energy slowly, it produces a lot and can grow.
EA gains if one plays and spends right !? If they do not change anything in the old worlds, the few remaining players who do not play in the new world are tired and slowly leave the game, this leads to a loss of revenue for them, M1-M2-M3 Italy counts 200 active players, I'm sure that it's also from other parts, if they change the system, I'm more certain that many will re-join or continue to play.
20-04-2017 05:47 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

The biggest error that has been made with all worlds is that they never officially end. After 12 kills of the fortress some worlds still go on.

Some feature needs developing that forces an end of game on a world, whether that is after 5 or 10 kills of the fort, I don't know what is best, but something needs doing.

If every world with less than 500 were merged, even if it meant that some players had 30 level 65 bases and others didn't it would still make a game for some. If the top 500 were merged in some way with the top 500 from another world, it could create a world with maybe 750 -850(accounting for overlaps). No player would have more than the current max of 31 bases.

With this, the worlds that the bases came from would be inaccessible, totally!

This merging could be done with all 'old economy' worlds - the very first type of world - to test it out. (I'm sure a lot of behind the scenes testing would be needed too of course!)

But the main thing is whatever system is used, the number of servers is dramatically reduced - thus the overheads for the running of the game.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
20-04-2017 10:55 PM
 Search   Quote 
Vipera75 Offline

(20-04-2017 10:55 PM)gamerdruid Wrote:  The biggest error that has been made with all worlds is that they never officially end. After 12 kills of the fortress some worlds still go on.

Some feature needs developing that forces an end of game on a world, whether that is after 5 or 10 kills of the fort, I don't know what is best, but something needs doing.

If every world with less than 500 were merged, even if it meant that some players had 30 level 65 bases and others didn't it would still make a game for some. If the top 500 were merged in some way with the top 500 from another world, it could create a world with maybe 750 -850(accounting for overlaps). No player would have more than the current max of 31 bases.

With this, the worlds that the bases came from would be inaccessible, totally!

This merging could be done with all 'old economy' worlds - the very first type of world - to test it out. (I'm sure a lot of behind the scenes testing would be needed too of course!)

But the main thing is whatever system is used, the number of servers is dramatically reduced - thus the overheads for the running of the game.

Ok, this to bring people together is fine and it's okay to spend less money on EA's server management, but it does not take the underlying problem! I know 75% of the Italian M1-M2-M3 players (old economy), many are the same and everyone is complaining about the same thing, too slow growth, this and a big one, it's useless to bring together the worlds if you do not Do nothing to give it strength. I find myself with 31 bases and attack at 65.7 but there are players who have attack 48 that still play, do you know how long it takes to get to attack at 65? Minimum 2 years! 2 years when servers go and cost and people are bored and spring or do not buy funds, there are no wars because the old ones are too big for young people who can not grow. Repeat if they unlock levels after 65 or even Better to transform the economy the worlds would be reborn, my poll is proof, 93% think it like me, then as you say you can also group 3 worlds into 1 but change the way otherwise the problems Remain.
Misunderstood but translate with google translate

I ask you a favor, to whom you have to ask or ask to change things, I do not know 'you know it? You try to ask for and get me as a spokesman for this thing because as I'm tired but sorry to leave the game and do not want to open another world.
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2017 11:26 AM by Vipera75.)
21-04-2017 11:21 AM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

Pitchforka is now in charge, so he is the one to decide these things. It all depends on how technically it is possible as well as the willingness to do it.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
21-04-2017 08:24 PM
 Search   Quote 
Vipera75 Offline

(21-04-2017 08:24 PM)gamerdruid Wrote:  Pitchforka is now in charge, so he is the one to decide these things. It all depends on how technically it is possible as well as the willingness to do it.

I have become a spokesperson for many players, call or write to Pitchforka and ask the question, many will come back or continue to play on the worlds with (old economy) Italians and not, give new strength to a very bad situation where many players leave because It takes too long to grow.
22-04-2017 05:19 PM
 Search   Quote 
ffi82 Offline

We never really conquer the forgotten worlds... we just destroy them over and over but they are winning ultimately.
A true endgame needs to be implemented on all worlds.

Ideas for worlds where the forgotten have won (few active members):
  • The ability to migrate from a world to another through a new research item available at high cost
  • Ability to build a GDI, NOD or mixed (player) fortress and stop the forgottens from spawning (bases, camps and outposts)
  • Ability to chose among the profiles u want to keep once u migrate to another world (if u started a server u should be able to cancel the account there once u bring the one from another server... maybe just a notification)
  • A way for the members of the "invaded" world to prepare (there will be war most likely Tongue)

[Image: GNCENky.png]
want some crap?
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2017 08:26 AM by ffi82.)
23-04-2017 08:21 AM
 Search   Quote 
Vipera75 Offline

(23-04-2017 08:21 AM)ffi82 Wrote:  We never really conquer the forgotten worlds... we just destroy them over and over but they are winning ultimately.
A true endgame needs to be implemented on all worlds.

Ideas for worlds where the forgotten have won (few active members):
  • The ability to migrate from a world to another through a new research item available at high cost
  • Ability to build a GDI, NOD or mixed (player) fortress and stop the forgottens from spawning (bases, camps and outposts)
  • Ability to chose among the profiles u want to keep once u migrate to another world (if u started a server u should be able to cancel the account there once u bring the one from another server... maybe just a notification)
  • A way for the members of the "invaded" world to prepare (there will be war most likely Tongue)

In my opinion, the best ideas are always the simplest and most feasible, an obvious and lasting solution would be to incorporate the worlds 1-2-3 and, or to undo the level beyond 65, or to dictate it similar to the new economy, a middle ground , Where those who grow little can grow and battle. This is what I say by N.1 and supreme of the world's strongest alliance2.
23-04-2017 03:17 PM
 Search   Quote