Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
supply points.
lazoputz Offline

RE: supply points.
Thanks for all your help and support.
It seems to me that whether or not the issue is important to you, you could have had the courtesy to stand up for my concerns instead of being so anally retentive that you can only regard YOUR issues as worthy of consideration.
What is the function of a Community Moderator? Seems to me to be as useful as tits on a bull.
16-02-2017 01:23 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

Our function is mainly to deal with spammers and posts in the wrong forum. We remove vulgarities and deal with online bullying through the forums as well as unacceptable other language and similar matters to keep the forum running smoothly to the best of our combined ability.

We are moderators of the forum, period. Anything else we do, we do as individual members. We do offer advice, but that isn't part of the role.

Maybe this article will help you understand the role of a forum moderator better.

Moderator role

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
(This post was last modified: 16-02-2017 05:08 PM by gamerdruid.)
16-02-2017 05:06 PM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

I am as disinterested in your role as moderator as you are in helping me with my concerns.
16-02-2017 05:24 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

(16-02-2017 01:23 PM)lazoputz Wrote:  What is the function of a Community Moderator?
Then why ask the question if you don't want to read the answer?

On topic now, the issue of supply points and how they accumulate. They accumulate the same way for each world, the vary from world to world - unless you can show that isn't the case then there is no issue to resolve. Each world varies, as long as it is the same for everyone there is no problem to resolve.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
16-02-2017 06:10 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

(16-02-2017 05:24 PM)lazoputz Wrote:  I am as disinterested in your role as moderator as you are in helping me with my concerns.

Your attitude really sucks lazo Wink Having said that I apologize if my shock over your concern here came across in a demeaning way that was not my intention. I've been playing this game daily for a long, long time and you said you were considering leaving the game over something I've not thought about in.....well a long, long time.

You are obviously playing in a newish server at which point supply points are an issue, now I understand your situation a little better. Hopefully we can get you a little more specific feedback in here since gamer and I are just like you, players with no special access or insight we're just trying to keep a little order around here.

One last thing....if you stick with the game at all very soon you will no longer care one bit about supply points. In several of my servers I have 2,000+ crates, more crates than I can ever use and on those rare occasions when I go on spending orgies with them I don't dent my supply point hoard Tongue

16-02-2017 06:35 PM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

In my efforts to build up my bases and gain enough "dollar signs" to build another base, I am constantly devoid of supply points. I currently have almost 100 "dollar sign" crates that I would like to utilize, so having the same supply point generation as other players of my rank would help a lot towards these goals. The difference between my 12.3 production and others with 15 becomes significant over a 24 hour period. The basic difference would allow me to generate approx 1 mil extra in creds per day, so it wouldn't take a math genius to figure out the time savings. But in order to increase the effectiveness of my bases, most of the supply points I do gain have to be utilized by conversion to resources. Otherwise, the repeated death attacks by forgottens bring my progress in the game to a complete halt, leaving me with only being able to sit there and heal the bases instead of playing.
As to why I find this frustrating to the point of leaving the game, you would need to understand that I am an individual person, not a rubber stamp with the same needs and desires as other players. I wouldn't presume to bore you with my personal details too much, other than to tell you that I am an elderly severely disabled person confined to a wheelchair with little else to do but sit at my computer. An EA representative can easily confirm this by noting my login time and duration, if it is of any interest. There are a wealth of social games out there that are managed by companies that care whether their product functions as designed, so that their player base can have a level of enjoyment based on an even playing field. I find it appalling that that isn't the case with this game, and hopefully you can realize why I would prefer to leave the game and move on to something else.
17-02-2017 07:15 AM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

I'm an old fogey myself, one of the many things I love about TA is that the average age of the player base is much, much closer to my age than the RTS versions of the game which are always populated by young whippersnappers.

I'll see if I can get you an official answer, hang in there.

17-02-2017 09:37 PM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

Further to this conversation and my concerns.
In reading through the forum, I discovered another thread that deals directly with this problem and has been going on for some time and spread across a number of worlds.
It seems that the issue has been corrected on an individual basis rather than having the "bug" removed.
That's fine with me, so long as my dilemma gets fixed, if that's the way it is dealt with. Not ideal but I will take what I can.

Under...Technical and Account Issues......SP hourly rate.
(This post was last modified: 20-02-2017 09:55 AM by lazoputz.)
20-02-2017 09:51 AM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

Furtherer (ya I know it's not a word) to this conversation and my concerns.
Whilst enjoying my early morning nap, and watching a movie (USS Indianapolis) in my sleep, my hourly SP production rate went from 12.3 to 17.5 with no other change to my status. Curiouser and curiouser.
Methuselah, you seem helpful, can you tell me how this could have occurred? Mind you, I'm not complaining, but unless it was divine intervention from EA, it's gotta be something weird with the programming. If it was EA correcting or having corrected, the problem I have been facing, I submit my thanks here. Would like to say a few hundred SP points would have been nice to compensate for lost SPs during my reductions in production, but at least now I can move forward on a more equal pace with others of my rank.
It did happen once in the past where my 12.3 went to 15.5 in the middle of being Staff Sergeant, and then back to 12.3 after a rank promotion to First Sergeant, so I have some concerns about what will happen after my next rank increase.
Stay tuned to this channel for exciting news about upcoming changes to my status, lol.
20-02-2017 07:36 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

I wish I could tell you but I have no idea what sort of functionality is behind that particular calculus. Still working on getting you a more detailed answer thanks for hanging in there!

How was the movie? The Indianapolis is the one that was sunk in WWII right after delivering Little Boy if my memory can be trusted.

20-02-2017 08:48 PM
 Search   Quote