Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
supply points.
lazoputz Offline

supply points.
I have an apparent problem I cannot figure out on my own. A teammate of mine is ranked as sergeant with 6.2 hourly production of supply points. My rank is staff sergeant with only 5.6 hour production. Can someone help me figure out what I am missing? Huh
29-01-2017 02:59 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

RE: supply points.
Your hourly rate can decrease if you sell buildings/army/def units and your rank changes. It may not then increase back up.

Is this possibly the reason?

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
29-01-2017 10:53 PM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

It is vaguely possible, I have temporarily sold attack units so that I could repair them, but purchased them right back and never to a degree that my rank changed downward.
Sad
30-01-2017 01:05 AM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

Here is an update on my supply point issue. I can tell you that I am getting very upset, to the point of giving up this game because there can be no fair way to explain this problem. During the latter part of my rank of Staff Sargeant, my supply point production went up to 15/hr for some reason. (I thought it was based on rank changes, but it increased while in one rank position). As soon as I was promoted to First Sargeant, the production dropped to 12.3/hr.
I need a valid explanation for this or corrective work by EA, including a backload of SPs that I have missed out on.
15-02-2017 01:53 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

You are going to give up the game because of supply point production? Interesting, I actually had no idea what my production is nor what it is based on. I'm logged into a server currently in which I am a Hand of Kane (I only mention this because you did I have no idea if there is a correlation) and my production is 12.5 per hour.

If anyone else has more specific guidance please chime in I know I was no help.

15-02-2017 06:14 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

The Supply generation isn't consistent.

http://prntscr.com/e94z2v
22.5/h rank Deacon - world 25

http://prntscr.com/e9501k
12.5/h rank Hand of Kane World 26

http://prntscr.com/e950s6
16.2/h W91 Colonel

I'm sure someone somewhere has a table of the rates. They may vary on different types of worlds too - forgotten, old old economy, 'new' economy, etc

I've never considered important in the past - overngiht the rate was enough to replace any I use during a session during the day - On PTE2 it is much more important especially for those that have entered PTE2 for the first time or late (a good rest of 20 hrs builds up a lot of sp to use)

Disclaimer:

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2017 06:34 PM by gamerdruid.)
15-02-2017 06:33 PM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

It is very important to me. I contribute monthly to the game and need the SPs to utilize the funds I put in. It clearly states in the game, if you roll over the "parachute": "Supply Points allow the use of items. The higher your title, the more Supply Points you can have, AND THE FASTER THEY REGENERATE.
That seems pretty damn clear to me.
The fact that YOU find it to be unimportant is irrelevant.
It indicates to me that the game may be either buggy, or is being manipulated by human (EA) intervention.
A further case in point, I was sitting beside one of my alliance mates with a lower rank and base size, yet he received 8 single hits from the forgotten in the past 24 hours, while I received 24 in the same period. I have not been given enough time to even recover the damage before I get another 3-4 wave hit, which has resulted in the death of my base twice in the same 24 hour period. This has been consistently weighted like this for some time, not just the past 24 hour period.
There are currently 103 reports for the EA dudes to look at from over the last 3 days before they decide to message me that "all is well" ALL IS NOT WELL.
So Methuselah's comment "your going to give up the game because of supply point production?" is not only sarcastic and demeaning to me, but one further example of why I feel this game is "loaded".
Gamerdruid's comment "the supply generation isn't consistent", is completely contrary to the game mechanics as posted right within the game.
(This post was last modified: 15-02-2017 07:21 PM by lazoputz.)
15-02-2017 07:16 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

(15-02-2017 07:16 PM)lazoputz Wrote:  It is very important to me. I contribute monthly to the game and need the SPs to utilize the funds I put in. It clearly states in the game, if you roll over the "parachute": "Supply Points allow the use of items. The higher your title, the more Supply Points you can have, AND THE FASTER THEY REGENERATE.
That seems pretty damn clear to me.
The fact that YOU find it to be unimportant is irrelevant.
It's not irrelevant it's an observation as to why the issue hasn't been addressed by me in the past.
Quote:It indicates to me that the game may be either buggy, or is being manipulated by human (EA) intervention.
I doubt anyone at EA even knows how to manipulate it (it's worked on by a team from Envision, paid for by EA) and many have said many times it's buggy.
Quote:...snip...
Gamerdruid's comment "the supply generation isn't consistent", is completely contrary to the game mechanics as posted right within the game.
It is contrary to the game mechanics, but it has been like this for many years and is simply an observation on my part. Supply point generation is inconsistent - why it is inconsistent I don't know - that it shouldn't be inconsistent is not in doubt.

Disclaimer:

15-02-2017 08:54 PM
 Search   Quote 
lazoputz Offline

I gather from reading your message, that you have no intention of forwarding my concerns to EA or to this third party company that is supposedly looking after the game. Seems to me that bugs that have been evident for "years" as you state could have and should have been addressed long ago.
My simple fix is to no longer provide financial support to such a slipshod company. No big deal, I realize, but I am sure a lot of potential profits have been lost over the years from dissatisfied customers.
15-02-2017 10:07 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

I have no need to forward this concern to EA - I know their response, saying it is Envision running the game. I have no need to forward to Envision as their top Producer reads these forums and is already aware of the issue. How he sees the issue is for him to address, I'm not an employee and simply a game player who doesn't find the issue to major.

I'm probably not alone in finding it a minor irritation as the topic hasn't regularly been raised here in the forums. There are much more important issues that need to be addressed before that one reaches the top of the list, IMHO.

If it's so important to you, as from your posts it is, then feel free to contact EA support yourself and let us know how you get on.

Disclaimer:

16-02-2017 10:48 AM
 Search   Quote