Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Copyright issues will be resolved
Psynergetics Offline

Copyright issues will be resolved
I have spoken to a gentleman in live support chat about the copyright issues with the two forgotten tanks. He forwarded the information to the EA concern department, and he assures me these designs will be removed from the game.

Everyone can relax now.
12-04-2012 02:01 AM
 Search   Quote 
FupDup Offline
Level 332 Retired CnC:TA Veteran

RE: Copyright issues will be resolved
That's good to know.

Still, I don't mind the ideas of those tanks, I just wish that they would have a number of unique features that actually set them apart from their Warhammer 40,000 counterparts. For example, that giant ass "Bombard" tank should be remodeled to look like a pirated version of the GDI MARV tank from CnC3: KW.
12-04-2012 02:05 AM
 Search   Quote 
XxN1ghtK1llerxX Offline
Expert debater - know your s***

(12-04-2012 02:05 AM)FupDup Wrote:  That's good to know.

Still, I don't mind the ideas of those tanks, I just wish that they would have a number of unique features that actually set them apart from their Warhammer 40,000 counterparts. For example, that giant ass "Bombard" tank should be remodeled to look like a pirated version of the GDI MARV tank from CnC3: KW.

As forgotten, they should be using abandoned C&C1 and C&C2 technology, the stuff left behind when GDI pulled out of the zones; perhaps legacy Nod technology that they also abandoned in favor of other pursuits. The most basic technology (things immune to ion storms) retrofitted to be maintainable in the absence of GDI replacement components seems to make the most sense to me, not these unique vehicles that the forgotten do not have the capabilities to mass produce in quantity.
12-04-2012 02:38 AM
 Search   Quote 
FupDup Offline

(12-04-2012 02:38 AM)XxN1ghtK1llerxX Wrote:  

As forgotten, they should be using abandoned C&C1 and C&C2 technology, the stuff left behind when GDI pulled out of the zones; perhaps legacy Nod technology that they also abandoned in favor of other pursuits. The most basic technology (things immune to ion storms) retrofitted to be maintainable in the absence of GDI replacement components seems to make the most sense to me, not these unique vehicles that the forgotten do not have the capabilities to mass produce in quantity.

For most units that makes sense, such as the Tiberian Dawn Mammoth Tank being used by Forgotten. However, the "Bombard Tank" was a really huge and unique unit, which would obviously be impossible to mass produce. Here is the picture of it:

http://i.imgur.com/0kdcz.jpg (click it, ignore the two tanks on the bottom)

There isn't anything from Tiberian Dawn or Tiberian Sun that resembles that, which is why I suggested the MARV.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 02:44 AM by FupDup.)
12-04-2012 02:41 AM
 Search   Quote 
TerrorDr0ne Offline
The Monolith Commander

I havent seen old design though. Can anyone screen it?

[Image: 2676882.png]
12-04-2012 02:49 AM
 Search   Quote 
XxN1ghtK1llerxX Offline

(12-04-2012 02:41 AM)FupDup Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 02:38 AM)XxN1ghtK1llerxX Wrote:  

For most units that makes sense, such as the Tiberian Dawn Mammoth Tank being used by Forgotten. However, the "Bombard Tank" was a really huge and unique unit, which would obviously be impossible to mass produce. Here is the picture of it:

http://i.imgur.com/0kdcz.jpg (click it, ignore the two tanks on the bottom)

There isn't anything from Tiberian Dawn or Tiberian Sun that resembles that, which is why I suggested the MARV.

As far as I can tell, the MARV did not exist in the timeline of the TA game. Even if it did, it would be brand new and GDI would closely guard and protect these units. Forgotten may acquire a few, but they would never find enough of them to field as a regular unit.

It should be something feasible for them to field following the second tiberium war, but before the eruption of the third tiberium war in the time frame in which GDI was in the middle of pulling out and heading to Antarctica if I understand how this universe takes place.

If it took place in between C&C3 and C&C4, that would make a lot of sense and a heavily modified version (strip away tech, strengthen armor and ballistics) of the MARV would be a fantastic addition.

You can take a Mammoth Mk I and make it just as bizarre as any Ork modified version of the Imperial vehicles they stole; it would actually fit in well with how the forgotten would handle it, and perform the same function as the Bombard; maybe represent they are broken/abandoned Mammoth's by having them missing a barrel and being replated/reinforced with junk, and adding spike to the front treads.
12-04-2012 02:58 AM
 Search   Quote 
FupDup Offline

(12-04-2012 02:58 AM)XxN1ghtK1llerxX Wrote:  As far as I can tell, the MARV did not exist in the timeline of the TA game. Even if it did, it would be brand new and GDI would closely guard and protect these units. Forgotten may acquire a few, but they would never find enough of them to field as a regular unit.

It should be something feasible for them to field following the second tiberium war, but before the eruption of the third tiberium war in the time frame in which GDI was in the middle of pulling out and heading to Antarctica if I understand how this universe takes place.

If it took place in between C&C3 and C&C4, that would make a lot of sense and a heavily modified version (strip away tech, strengthen armor and ballistics) of the MARV would be a fantastic addition.

You can take a Mammoth Mk I and make it just as bizarre as any Ork modified version of the Imperial vehicles they stole; it would actually fit in well with how the forgotten would handle it, and perform the same function as the Bombard; maybe represent they are broken/abandoned Mammoth's by having them missing a barrel and being replated/reinforced with junk, and adding spike to the front treads.

The Mammoth Mk I indeed makes more sense (as already said), but I am making the assumption that the Bombard has significantly more size and mass than any of the Mammoth tank variants (because we aren't told how big the Bombard tank is). So I guess the Forgotten would have a lot of retrofitting to do to make it the same physical size as the Bombard (under the assumpion that the Bombard is bigger).
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 03:20 AM by FupDup.)
12-04-2012 03:18 AM
 Search   Quote 
XxN1ghtK1llerxX Offline

I'm not sure the game allows any kind of scaling to happen; They would have to implement some new mechanics to allow a unit to take up more then one "slot" on the battlefield.

If it is designed to be much larger, the easiest way to handle it would be to take multiple Mammoth "husks" and mickey mouse/Frankenstein them all together to form one massive functioning unit.
12-04-2012 03:47 AM
 Search   Quote 
HedgehogNL Offline
Nod Confessor

So what is the copyright infringement of the other tank? Do you have an image of that too? Maybe I didn't use the right search term, but I couldn't find it on this forum.

Information & Feedback about Stats Site
12-04-2012 09:31 AM
 Visit this user's website   Search   Quote 
Clamz0r Offline
C&C <3

I thought we were here to have fun and enjoy the game? Sorry for not contributing to the thread & discussion with my post, but I'd just like to point out that this is not my idea of having fun, trying to stir the **** up....

World 14:
[Image: w14_220_2c.png]
World 15:
[Image: w15_147_1a.png]
12-04-2012 10:10 AM
 Search   Quote