Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Base layouts never change???
MythicGhost Offline

Base layouts never change???
A player on one of the world's that I'm playing offered up the following information:

Actually, a lot of players don't know this, but the layout of a coordinate point never changes ( :
Even if there is no camp or outpost at that coordinate, the crystal and tiberium deposits are always in exactly the same places at those coordinates. They are a part of the geology, a permanent fixture of the terrain. A camp or outpost or base merely lets you see what that landscape, the geography, looks like. When you build a base at a specific coordinate, you are in essence making a rubber-stamp copy of the terrain, that you can pick up and move as a base. But when you leave those coordinates, the very same terrain features remain. You could make all of your future bases identical this way ( :

I would like to put this out to my alliance, but first want to verify that this information is indeed true (and works as indicated Wink?? Can a monitor please verify this info AND offer any other tips that would help us all to find good base layouts...
13-11-2016 03:43 PM
 Search 
nuubal Offline

RE: Base layouts never change???
Hi.
a layout stays the same until someone found a new base on it.

You find lot of useful tips in the forum:
http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer...?tid=41077
http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer...?tid=30694

nbl
14-11-2016 10:05 AM
 Search 
Jijimiyaz Offline

After reading this info I created a new base on an existing base which had a good layout. When I went to build, the layout had completely changed. When building on a camp or outpost the layout will be what you you previewed. What I failed to realize is that another persons base has probably moved from it's original location so the new coordinates that it sits on (and the layout you will get) is hidden. Be warned!!!

Is there any way to preview the layout that is beneath a players base? Or is there a way to reverse your choice once you found your base?
10-02-2017 11:49 PM
 Search 
mcwebtree Offline

(10-02-2017 11:49 PM)Jijimiyaz Wrote:  Is there any way to preview the layout that is beneath a players base?
No, other than wait for them to move and a camp/op form.

(10-02-2017 11:49 PM)Jijimiyaz Wrote:  Or is there a way to reverse your choice once you found your base?
No
10-02-2017 11:52 PM
 Search 
4NZR-DRSS-AWFZ-J Offline

Just found out in another thread that once a base is founded on a given site, the layout changes. So making future bases at a given location will NOT let you make a identical bases.
13-02-2017 06:14 PM
 Search 
Noddybase1 Offline

Yes, it is a "one shot" layout.
Cannot use more than once.
19-02-2017 12:41 PM
 Search