Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Important: New Forum incoming!
ArveK Offline

RE: Important: New Forum incoming!
(24-02-2017 10:00 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 01:15 AM)gamerdruid Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 12:54 AM)mcwebtree Wrote:  How are the other "games" that use that forum system working??
All other games migrated to the new forum structure a while ago. New games start there.
The forums work fine for them.

The error is being worked on, it seems it's not a high priority for Vanilla (the software company who write the forum) and EA. They want us to move, but won't put in the effort to make it work, IMHO.

Its not so simple. The login of the forums uses the so-called persona. Most EA games just have one persona, the origin account and the login work just fine. The problem with CCTA is, that each world creates an own persona, so once you play on multiple worlds, you will have issues logging into the new forum. The official forum team is working on that but it's a unique situation which seemed to be really problematic. The forum itself is ready for a while, you can check it out here:
https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/

Hi rhiordd, is this related to the issue where we need to click the 'Forum' button multiple times before we actually get redirected to this forum, or is that an completely unrelated issue? Or am I the only one who is experiencing this fault?? Tongue

http://prnt.sc/ectb4v
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2017 02:12 PM by ArveK.)
24-02-2017 02:06 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

(24-02-2017 02:06 PM)ArveK Wrote:  Hi rhiordd, is this related to the issue where we need to click the 'Forum' button multiple times before we actually get redirected to this forum, or is that an completely unrelated issue? Or am I the only one who is experiencing this fault?? Tongue
I'm not Rhiorrd, but I believe it is delays in contacting the metrics providers that track usage that cause that particular delay.

Looking in the bottom left corner of the browser (in my case chrome) sees a lot of pauses trying to contact google and others.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
24-02-2017 04:51 PM
 Search   Quote 
ArveK Offline

(24-02-2017 04:51 PM)gamerdruid Wrote:  I'm not Rhiorrd, but I believe it is delays in contacting the metrics providers that track usage that cause that particular delay.

Looking in the bottom left corner of the browser (in my case chrome) sees a lot of pauses trying to contact google and others.

My description wasn't so clear; it actually does open a new tab in my browser, and the url in the corner does indeed say that it is going to the forum, but after a couple of seconds it seem to change its mind, and instead opens http://www.tiberiumalliances.com.. This procedure happens 2, 3, 4 and maybe 5 times until it manage to actually go to the forum... Anyway, no big problem, I was just wondering if it had a relationship with the issue mention a couple of posts above Smile

Oh, and I got another thread removed from the "API" forum ;p
(This post was last modified: 24-02-2017 06:30 PM by ArveK.)
24-02-2017 06:26 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

(24-02-2017 06:26 PM)ArveK Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 04:51 PM)gamerdruid Wrote:  I'm not Rhiorrd, but I believe it is delays in contacting the metrics providers that track usage that cause that particular delay.

My description wasn't so clear; it actually does open a new tab in my browser, and the url in the corner does indeed say that it is going to the forum, but after a couple of seconds it seem to change its mind, and instead opens http://www.tiberiumalliances.com.. This procedure happens 2, 3, 4 and maybe 5 times until it manage to actually go to the forum... Anyway, no big problem, I was just wondering if it had a relationship with the issue mention a couple of posts above Smile

Oh, and I got another thread removed from the "API" forum ;p
It happens to us all (the difficulty getting into the forum).

Sorry about the problems with the thread - give it a long title and post a couple of placeholder replies. It is very easy to mistake a certain combinations as the spammer and with now over 60 per hour it means that the content isn't checked.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
24-02-2017 07:04 PM
 Search   Quote