Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Important: New Forum incoming!
gamerdruid Online
Community Moderator

RE: Important: New Forum incoming!
Rhiordd with Google translation Wrote:The forum is and is mostly finished, as you can look at here: https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/ Unfortunately

there is in the connection to the account system you can log with the Spielaccounts currently or since Longer problems. Approx. 1/3 of the people who are testing the forum do not have the possibility to log in with their accounts and the problem must unfortunately be fixed by those who make the software available. Unfortunately, in this case, I can only wait until they get solved, I would have liked the forum 2 years ago. Smile
The above was posted in German - Google has done a reasonable job of translating it.

human translation of google translation Wrote:The forum is set up and almost finished, you can see it here: https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/
Unfortunately there is a connection problem to the account system which means you can't log in with some accounts currently. Approx. 1/3 of the people who are testing the forum are not able to log in with their accounts and the problem must unfortunately be fixed by those who make the software available. Unfortunately, in this case, I can only wait until they get solved, I would have liked the forum 2 years ago. Smile

As you can see, the system is there, it's just not working correctly.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2017 07:14 PM by gamerdruid.)
21-02-2017 07:09 PM
 Search   Quote 
mcwebtree Offline

That's very shiny and exciting!
22-02-2017 01:17 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Online
Community Moderator

Great - remember it's not the live one yet as issues still need to be resolved. But we would like to hear from those that can and can't get into the new forum. Maybe, just maybe, it will help the tech people work out what is going wrong and why!

Disclaimer:

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
22-02-2017 01:54 PM
 Search   Quote 
jzpop Offline

I can get in - using Chrome on both Win 7 and Win 10, from the UK (if any of that info is useful...)
22-02-2017 10:06 PM
 Search   Quote 
jacensteven Away
Not so Senior Member

I've signed in fine. On Chrome on Win 10

Edit: Also working on Firefox and Edge

Second edit: Working awesome on my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop as well Big Grin

YUP... I'VE QUIT. THIS TIME FOR GOOD...
BUT DON'T WORRY... I'LL BE BACK!
(This post was last modified: 23-02-2017 05:56 AM by jacensteven.)
23-02-2017 05:29 AM
 Search   Quote 
dinkok Offline

Would rather they sorted the annoying bugs and flaws in the actual Game 1st
new servers keep poping up on a regular basis
with the establised worlds full of bugs flaws and game lag
23-02-2017 07:45 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Online
Community Moderator

It's a totally different team dealing with the forum issue. Envision have staff for bugs and development, EA have other teams/companies that deal with the forums.

Disclaimer:

23-02-2017 07:47 PM
 Search   Quote 
mcwebtree Offline

(23-02-2017 07:47 PM)gamerdruid Wrote:  It's a totally different team dealing with the forum issue. Envision have staff for bugs and development, EA have other teams/companies that deal with the forums.

They're using an existing EA forum structure to run an EA forum with an EA forum team, linking to an EA account logon and they can't get it to work?

Seems like a bit of a fundamental failing to me...

How are the other "games" that use that forum system working??
24-02-2017 12:54 AM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Online
Community Moderator

(24-02-2017 12:54 AM)mcwebtree Wrote:  How are the other "games" that use that forum system working??
All other games migrated to the new forum structure a while ago. New games start there.
The forums work fine for them.

The error is being worked on, it seems it's not a high priority for Vanilla (the software company who write the forum) and EA. They want us to move, but won't put in the effort to make it work, IMHO.

Disclaimer:

(This post was last modified: 24-02-2017 01:15 AM by gamerdruid.)
24-02-2017 01:15 AM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(24-02-2017 01:15 AM)gamerdruid Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 12:54 AM)mcwebtree Wrote:  How are the other "games" that use that forum system working??
All other games migrated to the new forum structure a while ago. New games start there.
The forums work fine for them.

The error is being worked on, it seems it's not a high priority for Vanilla (the software company who write the forum) and EA. They want us to move, but won't put in the effort to make it work, IMHO.

Its not so simple. The login of the forums uses the so-called persona. Most EA games just have one persona, the origin account and the login work just fine. The problem with CCTA is, that each world creates an own persona, so once you play on multiple worlds, you will have issues logging into the new forum. The official forum team is working on that but it's a unique situation which seemed to be really problematic. The forum itself is ready for a while, you can check it out here:
https://forums.ea.com/en/commandandconquer/

24-02-2017 10:00 AM
 Search   Quote