Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Important: New Forum incoming!
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

RE: Important: New Forum incoming!
You're right - a few issue have arisen which are being worked on.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
08-12-2016 11:10 PM
 Search   Quote 
mcwebtree Offline

(08-12-2016 11:10 PM)gamerdruid Wrote:  You're right - a few issue have arisen which are being worked on.

I don't want to become a thorn in your side, but is there an update on this?
Any revised ETA?
I'm looking forward to a nice shiny forum that works a little better Wink

P.S. Happy Merry New Christmas Year all Smile
[plus any other celebrations you may have]
04-01-2017 01:13 PM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

We pushed this back to later since technical login issues prevent us from rolling out. The forum looks shiny and is ready, but the login is not working with the EA Account system as it should, so we need to wait for a fix on that one... Undecided no ETA in sight though.

05-01-2017 09:42 AM
 Search   Quote 
xrt1 Offline

while youre all at it, fix the backups of the servers.
you mentioned in another post the backups are slowing the servers down to the point we cant play for hours.

i would say that is a higher priority than a forum
06-01-2017 06:54 AM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

It's different teams looking into the two non-connected issues. The issue with the 'new' forum has been on-going since the original post and has continually been investigated since the issues arose. The nightly slowdown is more recent is being investigated too by a totally different group of people as they're unrelated. Those investigating the forum issue wouldn't be the ones to investigate the backup issue even if they stopped working on the forum issue.

Disclaimer:

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
06-01-2017 02:15 PM
 Search   Quote 
xrt1 Offline

its been going on for quite a while now and people are giving up worlds because of it.
i would say that specific team needs a pay-cut instead as EA is losing customers now.

i just dont understand why everything takes 5 years here, i really dont.
its quite sad tbh
07-01-2017 08:15 PM
 Search   Quote 
Soixie Offline

Since ya'll are like the 6th owners of this game it makes sense, but there is no mysterious "third party". You're moving to vBulletin or you're wasting your money and our time, yet again.
11-01-2017 02:02 PM
 Search   Quote 
pstrumpf Offline
Community Moderator

(11-01-2017 02:02 PM)Soixie Wrote:  Since ya'll are like the 6th owners of this game it makes sense, but there is no mysterious "third party". You're moving to vBulletin or you're wasting your money and our time, yet again.

temporary the Forum works fine, so i think they want to fix the performace issues of different worlds as first maybe. So we can be happy to has an channel to sum up issues/ Information and so on. Let look Forward. By the way like i understand is the new Forum born by of an free idea. There was no real final date for the live Version of it.

br
11-01-2017 02:37 PM
 Search   Quote 
RaieesAmjad Offline

Hello any news on new forums?
And please do something about those spams that are clouding the whole forums. We literly cant see anything in forums due to those spams. I mean you could have something to do about it.
Thanks
Br
15-02-2017 09:45 AM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

No news on the forum yet - we're all waiting with great enthusiasm for the new forum.

We are waiting for the dedicated forum team from EA to address some issues that were found in testing and have been since the forum was first announced in here Sad

Disclaimer:

15-02-2017 10:57 AM
 Search   Quote