Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Veteran Server - Feature discussion
guzmik Offline

RE: Veteran Server - Feature discussion
in veteran server season1 i can't relocate (code4)
21-11-2016 05:04 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

I'm sure you've done this, but try clearing cache.

Also, as it's a small world, make sure that there is space to relocate to in the sector you're choosing.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
22-11-2016 11:01 AM
 Search   Quote 
pstrumpf Offline
Community Moderator

i know it isn´t an real Feature but, is there an Minimum or better exactly timeline for the next season? Before or after xmas? And with pre-sign in?
thanks for feedback
22-11-2016 03:00 PM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(22-11-2016 03:00 PM)pstrumpf Wrote:  i know it isn´t an real Feature but, is there an Minimum or better exactly timeline for the next season? Before or after xmas? And with pre-sign in?
thanks for feedback

It will start before Christmas, looking at mid-December. We are looking at announcing further information during the end of the week. Smile

23-11-2016 09:14 AM
 Search   Quote 
pstrumpf Offline
Community Moderator

(23-11-2016 09:14 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  
(22-11-2016 03:00 PM)pstrumpf Wrote:  i know it isn´t an real Feature but, is there an Minimum or better exactly timeline for the next season? Before or after xmas? And with pre-sign in?
thanks for feedback

It will start before Christmas, looking at mid-December. We are looking at announcing further information during the end of the week. Smile

thanks for Feedback Smile
23-11-2016 12:07 PM
 Search   Quote 
BluRose4 Offline

It seems like Ea should serve those currently playing rather than expand servers. about 50% of the time, the attack buttons and sim buttons don't work. Lag time on the servers is horrible. EA should correct this rather than expand it's reach into our pocketbooks. And EA... its not my connections.

Blurose4, ranked #1 on my server.
26-11-2016 04:11 AM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

It may not be your connection - but it's not a universal problem either.

I've played from poor connections and good connections in hotels in Spain and managed OK with any failure of the attack or sim buttons. I do experience lag in getting into these forums and sometimes it takes a long time to get into the game, but once there no problems other than the usual and universal ones are experienced such as script errors.

Disclaimer:

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
26-11-2016 09:27 AM
 Search   Quote 
Roddrick113 Offline

Here are some other issues I see:
1. I have 37 PvP kills in the game and it shows correctly when I click on my name. However, the mission displays only 14/15 Players bases destroyed. Why is this different? It's costing me VP contribution to my alliance.
2. I killed 84 FB and was 2nd highest in my alliance with VP contribution midway thru the season. I then was sent to another alliance temporarily and came back to my original alliance. My stats showed 0 VP contribution when I returned. If I killed all those FB then my VP should still be valid, not wiped out because I went to another alliance temporarily. That makes transferring alliances a huge mistake and people will not want to do that if they know they lose all VP. So VP is only good if you stay in your original alliance for the whole season. I think this should be changed.
3. I agree with another post where the case was made for more Command Points and RT at the start. I know you want to have people spend money buying caps but it doesn't match the lvl 45 base we start with. I constantly was out of CP the whole time, having multiple lvl 45 bases with armies and attacking everything to gain VP, there just wasn't enough accumulation even after coining up the cap.
4. The amount of RP and $ to get upgrades/new bases was too high. Most players finished with about 4 bases and NO upgrades at all to their Offense or Defense. I would prefer lower requirements. It would make the game more fun and hold player's attention if the upgrades were not so out of reach. Everyone's goal was more bases to hold more hubs and defenses to ward off Forgotten Attacks than it was to stay with 2 or 3 bases and try for upgrades.
Just my opinion....
30-11-2016 01:10 PM
 Search   Quote 
Disturbed71 Offline
Super Community Moderator

Just my personal meaning:

1) Yes if you shoot a base beyond lvl 46 its not counted, to protect all players from some players shooting everyone in range and mybe own accounts.
That is a good changing for the server itself.
2) There are only two targets on every season, the Veteran-Ally-Score and the Veteran-Player-Score, both transfered in the Hall of Fame, the Veteran Player Score shown as MvP-Ranking.
Start, play and end with your alliance is the main goal, because whatever you do, you do it for your team, for your ally and participate also as a player.
So thats also good in my opinion.
3) Why should been anything increased? On all other worlds except sometimes pte-servers, there is the 12h/100cp, everyone can handle it, as everyone likes.
4) Build more Bases was the main goal of season 1, with the changings in season 2 we will see, if this changes too, no one knows at this point, so i don`t see a "must change" in the upgrade requirements.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.
Look in my face, stare in my soul, i begin to stupify
[Image: disturbedsignaturbild_1.jpg]
"My Brothers, My Sisters, My Blood - Liberate your Mind"
30-11-2016 02:19 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

(30-11-2016 01:10 PM)Roddrick113 Wrote:  Here are some other issues I see:
1. I have 37 PvP kills in the game and it shows correctly when I click on my name. However, the mission displays only 14/15 Players bases destroyed. Why is this different? It's costing me VP contribution to my alliance.
it's not costing you or the alliance as I understand the system. The VP's you earned initially are reflected in the overall totals.
Quote:2. I killed 84 FB and was 2nd highest in my alliance with VP contribution midway thru the season. I then was sent to another alliance temporarily and came back to my original alliance. My stats showed 0 VP contribution when I returned. If I killed all those FB then my VP should still be valid, not wiped out because I went to another alliance temporarily. That makes transferring alliances a huge mistake and people will not want to do that if they know they lose all VP. So VP is only good if you stay in your original alliance for the whole season. I think this should be changed.
See my answer above and also later Smile
Quote:3. I agree with another post where the case was made for more Command Points and RT at the start. I know you want to have people spend money buying caps but it doesn't match the lvl 45 base we start with. I constantly was out of CP the whole time, having multiple lvl 45 bases with armies and attacking everything to gain VP, there just wasn't enough accumulation even after coining up the cap.
4. The amount of RP and $ to get upgrades/new bases was too high. Most players finished with about 4 bases and NO upgrades at all to their Offense or Defense. I would prefer lower requirements. It would make the game more fun and hold player's attention if the upgrades were not so out of reach. Everyone's goal was more bases to hold more hubs and defenses to ward off Forgotten Attacks than it was to stay with 2 or 3 bases and try for upgrades.
Just my opinion....
You're entitled to your opinion - see my opinion at the end of this post Smile

(30-11-2016 02:19 PM)Disturbed71 Wrote:  Just my personal meaning:

1) Yes if you shoot a base beyond lvl 46 its not counted, to protect all players from some players shooting everyone in range and mybe own accounts.
That is a good changing for the server itself.
Bases below level 46 (ie the starting level bases) count in base kills overall, but not in mission base kills. As Disturbed says, this was to prevent account eating Smile
Quote:2) There are only two targets on every season, the Veteran-Ally-Score and the Veteran-Player-Score, both transfered in the Hall of Fame, the Veteran Player Score shown as MvP-Ranking.
Start, play and end with your alliance is the main goal, because whatever you do, you do it for your team, for your ally and participate also as a player.
So thats also good in my opinion.

When you leave an alliance the VP points you gained stay with that alliance so you can't build points in one alliance and move them to another. Your personal VP score shouldn't drop to 0, only the score that you've contributed to an alliance, if you move to a new alliance. On my understanding of the system, you do not need to stay in an alliance for your personal VP score - but it is better to do so for the alliance as any VP's you gain in an alternative alliance won't benefit anyone else.
Quote:3) Why should been anything increased? On all other worlds except sometimes pte-servers, there is the 12h/100cp, everyone can handle it, as everyone likes.
I'd like to see the start have higher capacities everywhere, but a default of 12h/100cp isn't the main problem on the Vet Server starting position. The lack of crystal for repairs is always my issue until we've played for a while, even with careful attacking.
Quote:4) Build more Bases was the main goal of season 1, with the changings in season 2 we will see, if this changes too, no one knows at this point, so i don`t see a "must change" in the upgrade requirements.
Changing the upgrade requirements isn't necessary - but it would be nice!

Disclaimer:

(This post was last modified: 30-11-2016 02:45 PM by gamerdruid.)
30-11-2016 02:34 PM
 Search   Quote