Poll: Would you be interessted in playing a Challenge World?
Yes
No
Maybe
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Firestorm Challenge World Survey
iLovelag Offline

RE: Firestorm Challenge World Survey
Thanks for asking!!

IMO - a big NO!! I played and won Beta FAB and with willingness it was extremely boring, and with 15k size it will be even more boring due to the faster increasement´s in base levels. This game lost a lot of long term players the first half of BETA FAB, that never have returned. Due to the "ruleset" suggested in this tread.
After you removed willingness and invented crystal income from forgotton attacks beta bacame one of the best servers ever imo.(shame you removed/overcappedt crystal income)
The crystal cap from FG should btw be balanced to something like +10 base level to might find a alternative way to this narrow tunnel digging that is the way of playing this days.

Instead of sending time and resources launching a concept that for sure wont be a "winner" i advice you to rather fix the remaining issues in the game first!
For us players it seems strange when you have many years old´s never ending issues that not is solved, to put priority on "new concepts" every now and then.

Regarding "Classics" (servers with willigness/malus), they should be launched as 25-30k size only, if not i fear to way too much frustrating farming. With willingness and fewer bases of same level you would most probally get forced to stop up farm at every 2cnd TE (maybe someone that play W8 can prove me wrong/or correct)

I have played this game for 4 years. (Yes i am not so smart) During this 4 years i have been experiencing a LOT of changes in this game. Some bad, some good.

One thing i see is that you tend to do is to not listen to your customers. Who have made 80% of the players i have meet this 4 years quit the game as well.

How many years it took you to change the Rep time formula? Been a topic since 2012! CP/RT finally balanced it seems^^

Well done! Many very HAPPY players because of that, makes it a lot more attractive to start a new server:-)) Hopefully some old players return as well when/if they hear that this issue FINALLY are fixed.

What´s left and its urgent, its the SAT CODES, yes the SIZ´s - its old news that they ruin the pleasure of this game and make players quit/go inactive instead of jump to with same team to the next server and start playing/ founding again.

Most players i know find the Sat code issue as the biggest reason to not start a new world again, its insanely boring and unnecessary to waste 2-3 months of valuable life time to hang around doing nothing but waiting, and "feel betrayed" of EA. betrayed since it makes no sense that you have not increased the drop rate.

On Tib 15 ,and there we play sloooow, due to lack of competition and LACK of SAT CODES, no challange to try finish fast when you cant either way due to this sat codes.
We just reached center and we have two!!!! codes, i repeat TWO(2) codes!

At Tib 4 who was the last "full size world i played" we played pretty fast but dont even there we had more then 8 codes when we arrived center.

I would like to hear any argument that affect the gameplay/earnings negative if increasing the drop rate about 100%!
Even with 100% increase the slower alliances still will have plenty of time to get to center and get on servers with even teams it will still be plenty of time to fight it out while catching sat codes.

One month waiting is more balanced , due to digging out center/farm for FF/PvP ect.
Not on every server its possible to kill FF only 1 month after center arrival due to PvP ect, but its nice to know that you CAN if you are good enough!!

That cause a lot more positive gaming experience - reward feeling for playing a good a game, instead of punishment feeling for playing a good game.

Listen to your customers here Rih, fixing this issue and ASAP would probably be the most appreciated change you have done to the game beside the RT balancing.

Other easy fix, that will please your customers is to lower the price of ZT def uppgrade to balance GDI/NOD a bit. Plus give GDI somekind of offence boost that wight ups for the cobra shield. This have also been requested for YEARS, just do it! Its nr 1 rule in business- LISTEN to your customers;-)

(no offence, but many changes in this games are received with frustration and negativity who cause increased loss rate of customers)

Need to mention PvP loot as well, when i for once post in the forum - bring it back please! (this recent increase was far from enough)

To sum it up

1,2,3,4,5. Increase Sat code drop rate with minimum 100% ASAP

6. Reduce cost of def ZT uppgrade to balance GDI vs NOD def mid game (unfair atm, GDI needs one lvl ish higher then NOD to cope with same FG attacks)

7. Find a funny way to boost GDI off to wight up for the cobra shield (lower RT on mammy´s?)

8. Do this SIMPLE changes please specially the sat code drop rate, and the game is finally balanced and without factors that makes you wanna cry every now and then.

At last but not least make a great game a lot greater with minimum work!

If you not agree about the sat codes Rihordd - arguments for how the increasing will affect the game negative in any way, would be very interesting to read.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for spending your time developing this addictive but great strategy game!

Cheers
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016 12:54 PM by iLovelag.)
08-10-2016 12:07 PM
 Search   Quote 
13billie26babe Offline

agreed

ilovelag

also the old 100 cp 12 rt is a bit pathetic ..... unless u on 24/7 you will never get anywhee .

or is it EA and the devss wont listen to anyone unless they v much pour their cash in it

its ( and dont fill me with bs it can be done fundless you tell me how you kill a base of lvl 30+ with 100 and 12 hrs ) bloody well impossible

so up that to 150 cp and 24 hrs rt .. give some a chance .. or dont they count in this game

not much to lose hey ... EA make huge profits ..
08-10-2016 04:07 PM
 Search   Quote 
tankbataljon Offline

reaction on cic_bloody9
I think everyone will agree that:
Digging and PVP = fun, community creating activity.
Farming = boring, ruining community activity.

I do not agree, i know that many players, like to farm and dont like pvp.
Farm to gain recources, to build and get stronger is one of the pillars of this game.
I like that also.
09-10-2016 10:29 AM
 Search   Quote 
nuubal Offline

First of all, I like this idea of another type of server very much.

I think it is important to bring back a balance to farming, pve, pvp.

The current Forgotten Attacks server are played in two different strategies.
1. Farm waves (not so popular anymore): conquer a wide area, split up in smaler team and conquer pois. and that all by sitting into (if possible, harder for gdi as for nod) 5 waves an get lot of crystal. The 5 wave thing will hold you back in rushing to the center and allow you open the tunnels, which are a important part of this game. You can now decide if you like to farm, which wont be nescassary, or just do pve. We did that on Tiberian 3. The problem with this is, that we have to focus on high defenses to hold the 5 waves. So, the offenselevel is quiet low. That makes pvp extrem hard.
Goal should be to have the same levels in offense and defense, better for pvp a higher offense.

2. Rush as fast as you can (current used strategie): shoot a small path towards the center and try to move in one wave. Kill all the bases around, no matter how big the difference is between the offense level and forgotten base is. 15 levels difference isnt a problem.
And here are the problems with that strategie. No tunnels, farming is extremly unefficient. That shouldnt be a problem for the leading alliances which have direct access to the forgotten bases but for all others player which dont have bases to shoot, it is a huge disadvantage. IMO let say, that are 80-85% players on the server.
The biggest problem is, that everyone can kill the high bases, and with everyone I mean a bunch of multiaccounts, alt, fakeaccounts, whatever you will call them. And this is already happening.

With this type of server rhiordd is talking about, we can address lot of problems and try to fix them, try to balance the game more and make pvp more attractive.

The new type needs a lot of testing for finding a good balance for the level when malus will be active. Perhaps the strength of the forgotten attack need to be challanged and so on.

nbl
09-10-2016 05:53 PM
 Search   Quote 
dinkok Offline

Retro_BJJ nailed it exactly what im thinking
game has lost what it started as that being 50 player,s 1 alliance against everyone else now we have group,s of Alliances
8,9,10 in a group if your lucky enough to spend lot,s of $ then you will get in the 1st alliance, the rest of the group,s are just player farm,s for the main, people buy there Medal now not earn it unless the game get,s back to it,s root,s it,s going to die it has already started look at the old world,s there all full most of the new world,s are half empty time is running out time the developer,s got there head,s together and fix it ASAP
09-10-2016 06:43 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sorrowman1984 Offline

about willinger , the answer is yes and no at the same time...If you are going to introduce willinger in forgotten attacks like it is in classic worlds then absolutely no ... If you introduce it with some changes , dedicated changes in order to get rid of the majority of the alts , and the abusing usage of them , then yes.... Some changes I would suggest are ,a) increase the level difference between FA and OL , if you leave it with 5 lvls difference will be extremly difficult and maybe even borring , b) thats the most important for me , you need to add in the function more variables , you cant just leave it depenting the OL , you can use also the defense level and the base level .. Why this? Because when you use many alts , in most of the cases , the base level is low , and especialy the defense is very low as you care only to boost your offense.. Like this you get rid of the alts , and you make the game little bit more interesting imho
10-10-2016 04:14 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

(10-10-2016 04:14 PM)Sorrowman1984 Wrote:  about willinger , the answer is yes and no at the same time...If you are going to introduce willinger in forgotten attacks like it is in classic worlds then absolutely no ... If you introduce it with some changes , dedicated changes in order to get rid of the majority of the alts , and the abusing usage of them , then yes.... Some changes I would suggest are ,a) increase the level difference between FA and OL , if you leave it with 5 lvls difference will be extremly difficult and maybe even borring , b) thats the most important for me , you need to add in the function more variables , you cant just leave it depenting the OL , you can use also the defense level and the base level .. Why this? Because when you use many alts , in most of the cases , the base level is low , and especialy the defense is very low as you care only to boost your offense.. Like this you get rid of the alts , and you make the game little bit more interesting imho
You can't survive on a forgotten attack world with a very low defence and high offence level - you need to keep feeding crystal and some tib to def too.

The suggestion is willingness/boost and forgotten attacks. Given this, I do agree it shouldn't be a simple use of the same parameters as on what are now called 'Classic worlds' with no Forgotten attacks. Take into account that the defence needs boosting compared to those worlds.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016 11:13 PM by gamerdruid.)
10-10-2016 11:12 PM
 Search   Quote 
CiC_Bloody9 Offline

I want to note to devs that most people that visit and post on forum are top players (people for example from current thread like Nuubal, Sorrowman, iLoveLag, Linux, chertosha, myself...) usually resides in top 10 on every server they play) and as of such have different views on certain aspects of game from rest of game audience.
Top players are OK with farming, as matter of fact you cant possible be top player if you not fond of hardcore farming. Pretty sure that any top player can farm 40 camps a day (for all cp + all sp) and build up RT as a same time.
For us farming is pleasure.
And as CiC i know for sure that for usual player farming can be torture. Repetitive activity ruin all fun for average player. Any changes leading to increasing time of game spent on farming may result in people leaving to other less repetitive activities.

What i am saying is that a vote taken on forum among very specific auditory of top players that love that game to such extent so they not only read forum but actually post opinion, researches, guides cant represent opinion of majority of players. If you take same vote among 3000 people that start usual Tib server pretty sure you will have completely different result.

Also id love to support iLoveLag post. Problems he mentioned a lot more important and requires immediate attention (GDI/NOD balance problem requires immediate attention for few years now Smile )

Cheers

bloody1nine1 - Inglorious Bastards
CiC_Bloody9 - Reign of Fire

One shoot FF kill
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=672BpOrKUfM
12-10-2016 03:01 AM
 Search   Quote 
lordofcb Offline

I also agree with what iLoveLag said about the developers. I don't mean to be overly critical but, it seems over the past year or so, with the help of trueadm and his slack program, we came up with a very nice list of changes or enhancements to the game. However, for the most part they seem to have been either ignored or set on the back burner for other new concepts or changes.
Like, 'yeah, that idea for balancing NOD/GDI is great, and next week they launch infected challenges which I don't recall anybody even asking for? Then the next few infected challenges had to be used to work out all the bugs that came along with them.
I remember back in the old worlds it was a lot of fun waiting for new unit types, new unit upgrades and the like, to keep things interesting. When is the last time any new unit or unit upgrade was added into the game?
12-10-2016 11:43 AM
 Search   Quote 
Sorrowman1984 Offline

(12-10-2016 03:01 AM)CiC_Bloody9 Wrote:  I want to note to devs that most people that visit and post on forum are top players (people for example from current thread like Nuubal, Sorrowman, iLoveLag, Linux, chertosha, myself...) usually resides in top 10 on every server they play) and as of such have different views on certain aspects of game from rest of game audience.
Top players are OK with farming, as matter of fact you cant possible be top player if you not fond of hardcore farming. Pretty sure that any top player can farm 40 camps a day (for all cp + all sp) and build up RT as a same time.
For us farming is pleasure.
And as CiC i know for sure that for usual player farming can be torture. Repetitive activity ruin all fun for average player. Any changes leading to increasing time of game spent on farming may result in people leaving to other less repetitive activities.

What i am saying is that a vote taken on forum among very specific auditory of top players that love that game to such extent so they not only read forum but actually post opinion, researches, guides cant represent opinion of majority of players. If you take same vote among 3000 people that start usual Tib server pretty sure you will have completely different result.

Also id love to support iLoveLag post. Problems he mentioned a lot more important and requires immediate attention (GDI/NOD balance problem requires immediate attention for few years now Smile )

Cheers

Because we are (maybe) top players , doesnt mean that we love farming or that our opinion count less (in reality i believe that should count bit more)...We prefer as always to dig . In reality we are looking for a balanced game... Only farming neither only digging should be the rule...We need to have a balanced game ,something mixed because thats the mechanic of the game..If the game didnt want us to farm ,wouldnt be giving ops and camps , and if didnt want to dig so much they wouldnt be giving so many bases for PvE ...

FYI me and nuubal on tib12 we farmed very little , from a stage and after we were farming not at all , and we were top10 , something that shows that we dont need only the farming to grow... I know you are worried about the alt accounts but imho , and what many say not only me , is the end of the game if keeps happening with the abusive way that happening now . So , some suggestions to get rid of them , are very important
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2016 03:09 PM by Sorrowman1984.)
13-10-2016 03:06 PM
 Search   Quote