Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Upcoming PvP Loot Changes
rhiordd Offline
Producer

Upcoming PvP Loot Changes
Commanders,

we recently announced in our 16.4 patchnotes the return of the PVP Loot. We are pleased to announce that these changes have further been reworked. Please find the complete new PVP changes in detail below. We will soon start testing these on the test servers, before deployment. Please let us know what you think.

PvP rewards:

Since the recent PvP loot changes, loot was limited to the amount of crystals that the attacker will need to repair his attack army and plundering has been removed. This has been done to avoid that players can harvest resources by using multiple accounts. As many players were not satisfied with this change since real PvP attacks also invest substantial amounts of repair time, we were looking into a new solution to increase PvP rewards again while harvesting multiple accounts should remain inefficient.

Here are the details of the new loot and plunder system:

Loot:

1. Increased loot limitation for own losses
The attacker will now be able to loot up to 3 times the amount of crystals that he would need to repair his army. The same value applies to the amount of tiberium the attacker can loot (even though there is no tiberium needed to repair.)

2. Loot depends on success of the attack
Like in the past, the potential amount of loot is defined by how much has been destroyed in the defense and base during the attack.

Plunder:

1. We reintroduce plundering
If the attacker was able to reach the defender’s base with any ground unit that was brought home safely or the defender’s base was destroyed, he will be able to plunder an additional amount of both tiberium and crystals.

2. Plunder deeper
While in the past it was only possible to plunder resources which exceeded the defender’s storage capacity, now only 20% of the storage capacity are protected from plundering.

3. Plunder limit
The amount to plunder was always capped depending on the level of the attacker’s army, but the cap was extremely high which made harvesting other accounts much more efficient than PvE attacks. The plunder cap has been rebalanced to an efficiency comparable to PvE attacks now.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 10:45 AM by rhiordd.)
05-08-2016 10:30 AM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

RE: Upcoming PvP Loot Changes
Sounds like movement in the right direction!

05-08-2016 07:33 PM
 Search   Quote 
AlyForce Offline

Finally, God of War answers to my prays Smile))
05-08-2016 10:51 PM
 Search   Quote 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

What about implementing diminishing returns on attacking the same base over and over again to make sure the new mechanism is not exploited? I thought that was on the cards too.
06-08-2016 05:17 AM
 Search   Quote 
eumak Offline

Please return also research points in pvp.
06-08-2016 08:03 AM
 Search   Quote 
termin8r8121 Offline

Agreed it sounds like a big imporovement ... but doesn't sound like you addressed multiple attacks on a base. Under the current rules, if it takes 5 attacks to kill a base, all the crystal used for repair on the first 4 doesn't get added to the possible loot amount; and the final run uses very little crystal(usually) ... so very much hurts a smaller base attacking a larger one.

All of this could be returned to normal if you simply applied diminishing returns for multiple attacks on the same player ... not sure if thats hard to do in code ... but seems it would work very well from player perspective.
07-08-2016 01:34 AM
 Search   Quote 
lumo2014 Offline

1. Define upcoming. 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months?
2. Information is very fuzzy with no specifics. Can you give examples of what the loot would have been before, what it is now and what it will be after patch?
3. How will limit of 3 x work? What happens if you need 10 x attacks, only 3 with resources 7 without? As it is described this will not fix the small army vs big army issue of needing vast amounts of resources.
09-08-2016 07:04 AM
 Search   Quote 
youdie007 Offline

I did some pvp yesturday yes u get some tib but no rp what so ever sorry guys but i m quitting completely Ea as u can c from my account i have completely stopped funding n also removed my credit card info keep it up n ull slowly loose all ur best paying people m not interested in ur donation of pvp loot i want the real thing back till then blackjcc pvpking XReaperX XRonnyX n one more funded account say good bye thats 250$ every 3 weeks so enjoy
17-08-2016 12:02 AM
 Search   Quote 
xrt1 Offline

what year are we talking about ?

this bullshit has lasted long enough.
(This post was last modified: 17-08-2016 04:27 AM by xrt1.)
17-08-2016 01:45 AM
 Search   Quote 
dinkok Offline

I think it has come to late many good player,s have now left the game and the ones i have spoken to say it was because of the anti PVP player,s who bought there medal,s rather than playing and fighting for them
17-08-2016 07:31 PM
 Search   Quote