Total
100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Command and Conquer remake
Mike_is_beer Offline

Command and Conquer remake
If you want them to do a remake of the original Command and conquer games for the newer systems vote yes and rate this post, feel free to reply.
(This post was last modified: 29-07-2016 07:42 PM by Mike_is_beer.)
29-07-2016 07:40 PM
 Search   Quote 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

RE: Command and Conquer remake
Whoop-dee-doo, yet another guy asking for a completely unnecessary remake that would be botched in the off-chance it was even made.
30-07-2016 06:46 PM
 Search   Quote 
Mike_is_beer Offline

Thats not true, an employee of EA helped me yesterday and he wanted the same. He told me if enough people would want it the chances are high that they will do it. And if you dont want it thats fine by me but replying to the post was a bit unnecessary wasnt it.
30-07-2016 06:58 PM
 Search   Quote 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

I've seen loads of people wanting a remake of something that can be played right now at its present state (though the older ones need a bit of patching). What magic bliss do you people think will happen if any of the games gets shinier graphics, a few completely new bugs which won't ever get fixed, forced Origin requirement, and possibly a few microtransactions?
30-07-2016 07:39 PM
 Search   Quote 
Mike_is_beer Offline

Your probably just bad at the game so you dont want a remake or you just go from post to post to reply with similar reply's while nobody actually cares about it. Neither do i
31-07-2016 12:52 PM
 Search   Quote 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

Being bad at the game has absolutely no relation with remakes. By the way, I'm an admin at the C&C Wiki, am highly active on multiple fansites, and know how this industry (particularly EA) goes, so I know what I'm talking about.
31-07-2016 01:12 PM
 Search   Quote 
Mike_is_beer Offline

I think an EA employee knows better whats goin on then an admin of the C&C wiki, so idk what your thinking but your just waisting time here.
01-08-2016 06:27 PM
 Search   Quote 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

Of course they don't. There is no studio within EA assigned to the development of the C&C franchise, and the hoax that things are happening behind the scenes was pre-written when Victory Games went down in 2013, which a Victory Games employee confirmed the same day.

The person you talked to isn't an admin, but a mere helpdesk guy, who has absolutely no relations with the rest of the developments within the company - he's there to help with the technicalities, nothing more. Also, his "wish" does not mean something is happening or should happen, so you can now stop being a wide-eyed fanboy drooling over shiny graphics.
01-08-2016 07:58 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

Let's cool it a little - less name calling and a more adult discussion would be in order here.

The simple fact is that the C&C franchise is owned by EA and they're not going to sign up a development team (EA don't do the work) to develop 2 C&C games (TA and another), especially an older version of the game. It may make sense, economically, to develop a new game based upon characters and units in the older version, but I doubt it.

Much as a few thousand may wish it not to be so, the old games are dead.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
02-08-2016 09:17 AM
 Search   Quote 
mgirish Offline

I would just be happy if I could play one of the command and conquer games on my Xbox One, but hey, I'd take a remake too!
16-04-2017 04:19 PM
 Search   Quote