Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.17 Average
October competitive server
nevermore316 Offline

RE: October competitive server
Locking has been around since the first server. Every pvp expert knows locking. However, its always been a ethical choice by the commanders. That on a fair server, and dirty tactics arent used. Then you wont use them back. This server is obviously an exception.

S8's commanders have enough integrity that if they say they'll play by the agreed rules, then they will. Bloody would still be the top player. However, he just wont be in god mode. Like he would with alts.

If not the alternative is to start using Game Operators / Server Admins to ref and review the server play. They have it in other games, they have them on the forum. I dont know why they dont do it for the game and in servers. In any serious competition there are referee's. Theres a lot of good players who have left the game or dont want to start a new server. A lot of them im sure would volunteer to help admin the servers and ban cheaters.

"Everybody has a game plan until you punch them in the mouth."
-Tyson
28-01-2017 03:01 AM
 Search   Quote 
License2Kill1 Offline

(28-01-2017 03:01 AM)nevermore316 Wrote:  Locking has been around since the first server. Every pvp expert knows locking. However, its always been a ethical choice by the commanders. That on a fair server, and dirty tactics arent used. Then you wont use them back. This server is obviously an exception.

S8's commanders have enough integrity that if they say they'll play by the agreed rules, then they will. Bloody would still be the top player. However, he just wont be in god mode. Like he would with alts.

If not the alternative is to start using Game Operators / Server Admins to ref and review the server play. They have it in other games, they have them on the forum. I dont know why they dont do it for the game and in servers. In any serious competition there are referee's. Theres a lot of good players who have left the game or dont want to start a new server. A lot of them im sure would volunteer to help admin the servers and ban cheaters.

Locking been around for pretty long time. But cp cost for locking was 32-40 cp per 2.1 min of locking. So 1 hour of locking worth 1 week of cp building.
Nowadays cost for locking 8-10 cp per 2.1 min of locking. So 1 hour of locking cost 1 day of cp building.
It was nearly impossible to use double lockdown for 5-6 hours straight on few attacking bases at same time. Now anyone can do it.
As a result any alliance rich enough to bring 10-20 alts with 1-2k cp each can destroy any other alliance without any problems. Skills of building proper pvp defense, proper grid, etc become obsolete. Level of defense, level of attack, bonuses etc doesnt matter
Only thing that matter is number of alts with 1-2k cp and time people willing to spend online hitting attack button every 2.1 min.
If alliance rank 20 decide that they ok to to send 50 attacks and spend 2 hours per each enemy base rank 1 alliance can say badge bye bye.
And no one can do anything about it.
(This post was last modified: 30-01-2017 05:45 PM by License2Kill1.)
30-01-2017 05:41 PM
 Search   Quote 
Crosssection8 Offline

I've no real problem locking being used on Tibe 18 as it's within the rules etc.

However it would totally ruin the game if this level of locking became the norm. What is the point of a war game were one side cannot fight back when being attacked.

It will be the end of this game if nothing is done to regulate it.

I now sympathise with Reign of Fire and commend Sobieski for their patience and ability to endure boredom. I locked out a player for the 1st time sometimes last week and was 20 minutes of my life lost.

The Rebel Alliance will never use lock out tactic.

PVP has been ruined and made this WAR game like farmville. The respawning forgotten makes moving around the world very difficult and the days of a surprise relocation attack on the enemy is a thing of the past. A relocation nowadays often means a 10 dig to the enemy. Not sure why respawning forgotten was introduced.

Cheers

Cross Rebel Alliance CIC
05-02-2017 12:47 AM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

(05-02-2017 12:47 AM)Crosssection8 Wrote:  PVP has been ruined and made this WAR game like farmville. The respawning forgotten makes moving around the world very difficult and the days of a surprise relocation attack on the enemy is a thing of the past. A relocation nowadays often means a 10 dig to the enemy. Not sure why respawning forgotten was introduced.

Cheers

Cross Rebel Alliance CIC
The inability to jump sensibly is being fixed in 17.2 (as per post by rhiordd in PTE forum) and is currently being tested on PTE2. At least one part of the respawning of the forgotten is being addressed.

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
05-02-2017 11:24 AM
 Search   Quote