Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
16.4 Feature Preview
rhiordd Offline
Producer

16.4 Feature Preview
Please find below the outlook of upcoming changes with the next update. We will deploy these changes to the public test servers in the coming weeks first, and then determine when the changes go to live worlds after successfull testing.

Veteran Server
A massive new server mode that was previously introduced separately and as one of the main features of the newest update. Please note, that the Veteran Server will be started independently to the 16.4 Update, and might launch prior to the 16.4 update deployment.

Recovery Time
We recently changed the PVP recovery time back to 24 hours, an unwanted side effect was that the PVE recovery time went also up to 24 hours, instead of 6. We now split the recovery times for destroyed bases for PVP and PVE Kills. The PVP Kill recovery time will be 24 hours, while the PVE recovery time will again be 6 hours.

Repair Time Change

The unit repair efficiency modifier is changed from 1.09 to 1.12. This will impact your repair costs in the later game. We want to give you a lot more repair time in the slower and later stages of the game. On a level 50 scale, you will have significant more repair time available as before and will be able to drive at least three times more attacks than today. We will get rid of the flawless long waiting times as wanted by the community for a very long time.

Reserve Base/Layout
A new function that will let you place an alliance marker to reserve a base/layout on the region view. Your Alliance can now be informed that you reserve and claim a specific base or layout. This is a visual marker only and will not hinder anyone to kill and claim the layout, though. This works like a regular Alliance Marker.

Minor fixes and plenty of tweaks related to the Veteran Server world.

All these changes will be added to the Public Test Environment in the near future. Please wait for a separate announcement regarding that. We are aware that some of you reported issues with relocation and the Forgotten re-spawn and relocating, please be aware that we do not ignore these reports and are currently working on a solution to this issue. We will release and deploy it to the game on a later stage.

Please let us know what you think about the features.

(This post was last modified: 05-08-2016 10:31 AM by rhiordd.)
22-07-2016 02:21 PM
 Search   Quote 
Bullswagger Offline

RE: 16.4 Feature Preview
sweet, everyone gets what they wants by the look of it. Also really love the new base reservation marker
22-07-2016 03:54 PM
 Search   Quote 
Bruellhusten123 Offline

(22-07-2016 02:21 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Repair Time Change
The unit repair efficiency modifier is changed from 1.09 to 1.12. This will impact your repair costs in the later game. We want to give you a lot more repair time in the slower and later stages of the game. On a level 50 scale, you will have significant more repair time available as before and will be able to drive at least three times more attacks than today. We will get rid of the flawless long waiting times as wanted by the community for a very long time.

Three times more? How exactly does the modifier work?
if you say 3 times more, is it an exponential factor?
Like "Efficiency = 1.09^repairBuildingLevel " ?

What is the repair cost modifier for unit?

If its really 3 times more hits that you get there are a few things to concider:
1. The game gets much quicker. (about 1.5-2 times quicker)
2. The game takes more time to play in mid-late game. In the beginning CP is usually the limiting factor, but once RT gets limiting you come to a phase of the game where you can only make a certain amount of hits per day. This time will come much later and up to very late in the game only CP are limiting.
3. Less funds from Main base swaps: People buy immense amounts of RT caps to have a lot of RT saved up (30 days RT caps are not rare)
4. Slightly more funds from higher RT caps in general as you can't use all your RT in the beginning (the impact is much less in the beginnig due to this change correct?)
5. More funds from CP crates as you got more RT available.

The funds changes are still okay in my eyes. But the higher time efford needed for the game could be a problem. Maybe it can be outbalanced as the game is getting quicker.

I'd say try it out. Its a fact that the game gets slow and boring towards the end of a server. And being able to kill more bases might improve that.

Ingame Nicks:
Bruellhusten123
Worlds: Forgotten Attacks Beta, 100, 107, WCS2015, Firestorm 6, Speed World 1, Speed World 2

Nagelzwicker
Worlds: 19, 72, WCS

CiC of Ultimate Group / Teletubbies / High Speed

CNC addict since May 2012
22-07-2016 04:49 PM
 Search   Quote 
Bloody9_CiC Offline

Good patch.
Only concern is lack of testing for new RT mechnism
22-07-2016 07:38 PM
 Search   Quote 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

Sounds real good to me. But I implore u guys to have at least month of testing on PTE followed by a soft launch on a single server before rolling it out wider.

The RT reduction sounds nice but there is no way to tell how it will affect gameplay without seeing it in action for a while on a proper server.
22-07-2016 10:31 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

I agree, a thorough test on the PTE's (all 3 of them) for at least 1 month, maybe 6 weeks, then a roll out to one server for 1 month before rolling out to the rest although this will delay the negative effects of 16.3 being undone, it will be worth it if they get it right Smile

Disclaimer:

I am not an employee of EA/Envision and the views expressed are my own.

If I reply in any other language than English then it is a Google translation Smile
22-07-2016 10:43 PM
 Search   Quote 
Bullswagger Offline

(22-07-2016 10:43 PM)gamerdruid Wrote:  I agree, a thorough test on the PTE's (all 3 of them) for at least 1 month, maybe 6 weeks, then a roll out to one server for 1 month before rolling out to the rest although this will delay the negative effects of 16.3 being undone, it will be worth it if they get it right Smile

I don't agree with this.

These are fixes that should have been here ages ago and are kind of in that zone where nothing can go wrong balance wise, Only thing they should do is weed out the bugs and then launch it. That this gets here is much more importand then thorough optimization testing.

I know this is not a popular standpoint but why waste a month when you know the fixes are gonna hit a good spot anyway. I mean the RT thing is obviously a buff to GDI lategame given nod has lifeleech (which was REALLY needed).

The way they redesigned pvp battles is just smack down brilliant. Your spending of repair time directly influences loot gained. This eliminates RP farming, alt account farming, while at the same time fixing pvp. Only thing this needs is some fine tuning of some numbers but given the dynamic nature of the solution this is very easy to do since you can adjust the numbers on both sides (repair time vs loot gained)

the alliance marker is also just a flat down improvement, the only thing it can do is prevent **** given the fact you can see the time on the marker, no more bullshit of trying to reserve the base and seeing a post claiming it 3min earlier in the forum and then you get pissed off people vs echother. Again only bugtesting required

splitting the pve and pvp death timers, yeah we all want this asap. nuff said!

All in all I would say you don't need more then 2 weeks of testing! Maybe the death timers for pve function 99% better balance wise at 6 hours 32 min and 11 seconds instead of the 98% you get from 6 hours. But this is stuff that should just be tuned later down the road given it's miniscule nature in a small bugfix patch.

And again props for the good work dev team!
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2016 02:11 PM by Bullswagger.)
23-07-2016 01:56 PM
 Search   Quote 
CiC_Bloody9 Offline

Infected camps sounded like a great idea too until your enemy alliance farmed 200 d rt on each account and your alliance got NADA
Testing wont hurt even the finest ideas Smile
24-07-2016 06:35 AM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(24-07-2016 06:35 AM)CiC_Bloody9 Wrote:  Infected camps sounded like a great idea too until your enemy alliance farmed 200 d rt on each account and your alliance got NADA

There is a hard cap that you can max. loot 7days of repair during the whole event.. Smile

24-07-2016 01:18 PM
 Search   Quote 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

(24-07-2016 01:18 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  
(24-07-2016 06:35 AM)CiC_Bloody9 Wrote:  Infected camps sounded like a great idea too until your enemy alliance farmed 200 d rt on each account and your alliance got NADA

There is a hard cap that you can max. loot 7days of repair during the whole event.. Smile

Which just enforces the point several of us want to make. We are happy about the changes as long as there is proper testing of the features. We have seen time and again testing on PTE is nowhere near enough and we always discover bugs/imbalance issues when wider release happens.

So proper testing please before release.
24-07-2016 02:51 PM
 Search   Quote