Introducing the Veteran Server
A PvP focused World introducing Veteran PvP Points and the all new Season mode.
We are delighted to introduce to you the Veteran Server.
The Veteran Server is a new type of world that will be accessible via the World selection screen. Certain requirements must be fulfilled to join the server as we want to make sure only the experienced bunch of players will join the heat.
Upon entering the world, you will soon realize that this world is unique and comes with some in-depth changes to everything you know about the game. We increased the starting level and you will start in a much-advanced mode of play, with all units unlocked. The Forgotten Fortress and Tacitus have been removed from the world and are no longer the objective you are fighting for. Instead of the Tacitus in the middle of the world, Control hubs are now spread across the whole map and wait for you to get captured.
There are a lot of additional changes on this world that will make this server a complete new C&C: TA experience.
- No Forgotten Fortress.
- No Satellites and Satellite codes.
- Massively reduced move and relocate cooldowns.
- No POI bonus multipliers.
- Only 24 hours of Shield Protection upon entering the world.
- Build everything, immediately, on level 45.
- All units unlocked right from the start.
At this stage, we would like to introduce to you, Seasons and Veteran Points – your new main objectives on this world.
Veteran Points are the new key objective on this world. Your goal is to collect as many Veteran Points with your alliance and score the highest ranking. As an alliance, you will need to claim the most Veteran Points over the course of a season to win the season and become the most valuable alliance.
Similar to the challenges, each player can also individually achieve to become most valuable player and claim the player rankings for collecting the most Veteran Points per season.
Veteran Points can be obtained in various ways.
Controlling Shield hubs
- This is the main VP income in the game. You will receive VP points over time, for each Shield Hub that is under your alliance control.
- A Shield Hub is under your control when your alliance holds at least five slots.
- The higher the level of a Shield Hubs and the closer to the center of the Map the higher the VP income will be. That being said, there is still reason to rally to the center of the map for the most valuable Shield Hubs.
Destroy Player Base / PvP Kill
- Destroying an enemy player base will grant a certain amount of points to the victor and his alliance.
o The amount depends on:
Defender base level
Defender defense level
Defender offensive army level
Time of last attack
Amount of times bases of this player has already been destroyed by the attackers alliance
Change: For the PvP Quest - Only player kills level 46+ will count towards quest completion.
- A new display in the region view tooltip/menu of a player will show the available Veteran Points for destroying this player. A new information button next to the display will show further details on how PvP VP are calculated.
- PvP Veteran Points are only contributed if the players base is destroyed.
Destroy Guardian Bases
- Shield Hubs come with Guardian Bases protecting them. As an incentive for the fastest and most dedicated Commanders, destroying Guardian Bases will provide your Alliance a one time extra VP Bonus for each Guardian Base destroyed.
- Guardian Bases will not respawn during a Season.
- The amount of VP you gain will depend on the Guardian Base level.
Seasons are a new form of play where you play in time windows that will regularly refresh and set the ground for a new challenge. The Veteran World will be played in Seasons that will run for a duration of 12 weeks. During this time, every Alliance will have the objective to collect as many Veteran Points as possible, and cause as much havoc as they can, to climb the rankings.
- New Seasonal rankings will show the progress of players and alliances per season
- A new Hall of Fame will collect the Veteran Points per player and Alliance over the course of all seasons
- A permanent countdown and ranking will be displayed in the game, tracking current top players and alliances, as well as remaining season time.
- When a season ends, the achieved Veteran Points will be added to a permanent Hall of Fame lasting over all seasons.
- You will not be able to play between the seasons. Veteran Points and progress can only be made when a season is active.
- You can always join or skip a running season.
- Even if you skipped season one, you can still play season two or any other season.
This is where it becomes tasty for our real veterans out there. With a Veteran Server and a mode clearly target to the mature audience of the game, we wanted to have something special for our most dedicated players. Yet, we still want to maintain a very well balance for everybody else. This is where our legacy system comes in place.
Legacy Points are measured on the achievements and success you bring with from previous servers. These Legacy Points will grant you a percentage of Research Point discount to unit upgrades.
Legacy Points will be collected and measured on the following previous achievements a player has made:
- Each endgame a player has won
- Each challenge badges a player has earned
- VP gained in all previous seasons
- VP gained in the current season
- At the beginning of a season, all factors are checked and the player's legacy score is calculated. The legacy score only increases within a season due to the player's VP gain in this season. All other effects are only updated at the beginning of a season.
- The Maximum legacy discount a player can achieve will be roughly at 50% RP cost discount.
- A new Menu in the Player information called “Legacy Score” will list all legacy scores collected and how they come together.
How to join the Veteran Server?
Once the date and time for the Veteran Server have been announced, we will enable pre-signup, so you and your alliance can reserve a spot in the world.
Like any other server, you will find the Veteran World listed in the world browser / server selection. We decided to host the server in EU timezone, as the majority of players is based closest to this timezone.
As we want to guarantee this is indeed a Veteran Server, we expect only experienced players to join the server. To be sure of that, we added a server join requirement.
- To join and play the Veteran Server, you must at least have once reached player rank 12. This reflects a rough 30 base level on a regular world.
- With that as a base, we know every player joining the server has a good grasp of the game and understanding of the research and the mechanics.
Veteran Server in a nutshell
The Veteran Server is a new server type that is played in seasons, starting with a three-month length. The objective during these three months for players and alliances is, to obtain as many Veteran Points as possible. You can obtain these, by engaging in player versus player combat, destroying Guardian Bases defending Shield Hubs and by capturing and holding Shield Hubs. You will start in the much-advanced level of 45, with all units unlocked, but no unit upgrades.
The server comes with a lot of changes in move and relocation cooldowns and no POI multipliers. The server will start with 5.000 slots only. However, if more players like to join the fun, we will be able to adjust the size of the servers and increase the world size and starting slots between the seasons.
At the end of a season, your and your Alliances obtained Veteran Points will be added to a permanent Hall of Fame, while all other progress made during the season will be reset and set back to the original state. There will be short break between a finished and a new season and there wont be any gameplay possible, while no season is active.
A Veteran Server Test Season will start on Wednesday this week, 6th of July at 12pm UTC. We hope to see as many of you there as possible. Bring your friends..