Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
PvP Recovery Time Changes
lordofcb Offline

RE: PvP Recovery Time Changes
I was just think that myself Sorrowman, maybe the better answer to balance the PvP changes is to reduce RT costs for PvP the same way they reduced the cp cost for it. If pvp costs less in both cp and rt there would be no need to change recovery time back. Ulugulans idea about PvP experience points is nice, but like you say any systems of rewards would probably just reignite the use of account eating to gain those points.
02-07-2016 02:21 AM
 Search   Quote 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

I do believe that an effective experience point system can be designed and I posted a thread with my ideas. I am convinced of it because other games have such systems and those are yet to be exploited. But it sure needs work, testing and further balancing.

http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer...?tid=48338

As an immediate measure I do immensely like sorrowman's idea, and the same idea was suggested by others when they reduced CP requirement. RT is the main limiting factor and on forgotten attack servers its absolutely crippling. Recovery time to 24 hours in PvP is fine. RT reduction in PvP would go a long way in balancing the PvE vs PvP aspect.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 06:50 AM by Ulugulan.)
02-07-2016 06:50 AM
 Search   Quote 
lordofcb Offline

(02-07-2016 06:50 AM)Ulugulan Wrote:  I do believe that an effective experience point system can be designed and I posted a thread with my ideas. I am convinced of it because other games have such systems and those are yet to be exploited. But it sure needs work, testing and further balancing.

http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer...?tid=48338

I like the Experience Points idea as well, and maybe it can be adjusted to be used to identify cheaters exploiting again, such as when 1 player has a maximum experience point rating when nobody else on the server is even close yet. They could be a good candidate for banning if unable to justify their rating in some reasonable manner.
02-07-2016 07:32 AM
 Search   Quote 
Minionsknuddler Offline

(02-07-2016 12:28 AM)Ulugulan Wrote:  No player worth their salt relies on PvP loot for growth and developers know that very well. So the rants about bringing loot back is not gonna change anything, as has been confirmed by devs on other threads. Bringing back loot will only encourage people to keep account eating and gain advantage.

This change is actually good and the first positive pro-PvP change in a while. However, it still does not solve the issues bugging PvP. What PvP requires now is:
  • Fixing the relocation mechanism. Perhaps use the tunnel system for relocation to other sectors..
  • And an alternative reward system for PvP. Now we use CP/RT with little or no reward. POIs and territories are alliance-wide benefits, which is not incentive enough at a personal level. There needs to reward at a personal level. For example someway of calculating PvP Experience and awarding Experience Points (EP) and then using EP to unlock PvP specific upgrades. e.g. reduced defense repair time, reduced move recovery, increased PvP efficiency of army, reduced base repair time, reduced attack recovery time etc. One can imagine many things which will give a player a slight PvP edge.
mybe it would be an idea for PvP to give RP based on the level of damage the attacking units are receiving. the less damage - the less RP
based on the real life: the more you lose the more you learn ;-)
02-07-2016 12:57 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sorrowman1984 Offline

RT reducing will help to reduce also the complains about pvp death , even if personaly I dont find those complains resonable ... The opposite , I believe that with those changes , without loot on pvp , the real better players , most organized alliance etc will win ...And I guess is what we want and expekting .......

Tib12 is a nice example for this . Is not a secret that the one alliance and their top players was using the help of many alts ,for pre-hitting and softening the FB, to dig up to the center( I dont criticize , is legal , well done , they can do it next server again I dont mind ... I just give my POV). But this caused a big problem to them , at the time they reached the center, no more easy/free resources for them anymore , they dropped rapidly rankings .. But If they could take loot from the other alliance killing them, this would not happen probably ,or would not be so violently anyway , because they could keep having nice loots to help them grow .
02-07-2016 12:59 PM
 Search   Quote 
SpicyKate Offline

what about the funds will u guys give all the funds i have spend so far ???? hundreds of dollers ???
02-07-2016 01:22 PM
 Search   Quote 
SpicyKate Offline

major power after winning FF exploit why not make a rule once u win FF entire winning alliance diaper no point staying back as they win already let other alliance fight n conquer FF but no these guys can **** the game than ease the game reverting recovery time back to 24 hrs ?? what will that do ? oh ya bring back pvp with nothing to gain letting the other player revenge on u lol Command & Suffer is a joke now i havent bought a single fund since 2 months now n i wont buy any more **** i m even playing just check my account in 2 days 1 time earlier it used to b every 3 hrs i check my account now its not worth it
02-07-2016 02:32 PM
 Search   Quote 
123wellz Offline

(01-07-2016 11:33 PM)Benwarren629 Wrote:  BTW - the most fun this game has been for me was finishing W90 as the 3rd place alliance. Once the 2nd place alliance defeated the FF, they immediately turned us red and attacked. We not only had to fight our way to the center, but then had to defend the center as our enemies ghosted and tried to restart our FF timer by destroying bases on HUBs. This was by far the most fun I have had in this game and it could never happen today with the current PVP rules.

Bottom line...we need to be able to loot resources through PVP victory or this game is too one dimensional.

110% agree - the uncertainty of when you will be attacked along with the live battling against other human beings was the best part of this game by far

And to the victor went the spoils.....you know, like war is supposed to be....but without the spoils is there really a victor?
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 03:44 PM by 123wellz.)
02-07-2016 02:52 PM
 Search   Quote 
Perniscus Offline

Be nice if EA gave a clue about how they're thinking of sorting things out.
02-07-2016 11:02 PM
 Search   Quote 
Fat_Mittens Offline

Good step in putting the recovery time back, but it's not enough.

As everyone is saying, something must be done to revive PvP. It was an integral part of the game, and it should be again, or the game dies away.
03-07-2016 04:19 PM
 Search   Quote