Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
PvP Recovery Time Changes
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

RE: PvP Recovery Time Changes
NO - that will not be the case. The only worlds to ever be restarted are the PTE worlds. Smile
01-07-2016 05:50 PM
 Search   Quote 
Minionsknuddler Offline

(01-07-2016 12:37 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Commanders,

with recent loot changes on the Player vs. Player front, we decided to now revert one of the previous changes we added to PvP - the reduced PvP recovery time. We read about this wanted change a lot in the recent weeks, so we decided to add it back in. On Tuesday, 5th of July, we will restart all below listed worlds and change the according setting. PvP recovery time will then be once again 24 hours.

Does this refer to the recovery time when being shot until I regain my alliance bonus and/or the time I have to wait for the attack recovery time and are stuck to the 10 fields around the base I attacked before I can continue to move forward?
01-07-2016 06:17 PM
 Search   Quote 
CoffeeeQueen Offline
The CoffeeGoddess

Seriously?!?!?!

What is the point of making this change? PvP is effectively dead. You turned a WAR game into an anti war game. Players are now punished for PvP. There is no POINT to fiddling with the recovery times unless you undo PvP nerfage.

Once my current funds run out I'm done. No point in playing a war game without war right?
01-07-2016 07:29 PM
 Search   Quote 
Perniscus Offline

(01-07-2016 07:29 PM)CoffeeeQueen Wrote:  Seriously?!?!?!

What is the point of making this change? PvP is effectively dead. You turned a WAR game into an anti war game. Players are now punished for PvP. There is no POINT to fiddling with the recovery times unless you undo PvP nerfage.

Once my current funds run out I'm done. No point in playing a war game without war right?

I'm fine with it reverting back to 24h but doesn't really start to solve the problems 16.3 introduced other than you don't have to kill people so often so it costs you a bit less.
01-07-2016 07:56 PM
 Search   Quote 
THEEDEATHNOTE Offline

Is it just me or wtf are you thinking changing the rules for servers that are all ready going? I can see new servers but how the F*** are you going to change servers people are all ready playing and paying for. It would seem to me that this is grounds for refunds and lawsuits. Making changes to new world comeing out are one thing but making changes to a server that is up and running and have been spent on is just wrong.

If you buy a new car tomorrow and then next year they say o btw were takeing them all back and making changes before we give it back. you wouldn't put up with **** so why do we put up with it here?
01-07-2016 10:49 PM
 Search   Quote 
Benwarren629 Offline

This will not fix the problem with PVP. The issues you have tried to fix over the past few years have been around how players found ways to gain resources by using alternate accounts and attacking them. Regardless of how much recovery time is associated with PVP, the issue is that you cannot loot resources through victory in PVP. So the player response seems to have been to use alternate accounts to PVP other alliances while they build resources in their real accounts. And the one being attacked cannot "even" the score by attacking back...because they gain no resources. The best strategy now is generate a bunch of alternate accounts and attack every alliance ranked above you while you keep your real account in PVE. For those that can't (or won't) run multiple accounts, this game has become very dull.

BTW - the most fun this game has been for me was finishing W90 as the 3rd place alliance. Once the 2nd place alliance defeated the FF, they immediately turned us red and attacked. We not only had to fight our way to the center, but then had to defend the center as our enemies ghosted and tried to restart our FF timer by destroying bases on HUBs. This was by far the most fun I have had in this game and it could never happen today with the current PVP rules.

Bottom line...we need to be able to loot resources through PVP victory or this game is too one dimensional.
01-07-2016 11:33 PM
 Search   Quote 
Mr_AJ42 Offline

I guess if your enemy is paying so much to kill you, 24 hrs isn't much to pay. Maybe consider 12 h for forgotten deaths, and 24 h for pvp deaths though. If you're going to revert things, another change that could be reversed, is the ability to attack your own alliance, or allies, NAP. The ability to hit your own alliance was taken away to kill RP farms & looting, but those have been killed by another mechanism now (zero RP/loot patch). If we have a useless alliance member, or wish to ignore diplomacy status and hit an ally, that no longer gives you any exploitable advantage that isn't happening elsewhere anyway (like killing weaker alts to hold territory). Likewise with hitting a player you are subbing.

P.S. Still waiting for >L65 units too. Smile
01-07-2016 11:59 PM
 Search   Quote 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

No player worth their salt relies on PvP loot for growth and developers know that very well. So the rants about bringing loot back is not gonna change anything, as has been confirmed by devs on other threads. Bringing back loot will only encourage people to keep account eating and gain advantage.

This change is actually good and the first positive pro-PvP change in a while. However, it still does not solve the issues bugging PvP. What PvP requires now is:
  • Fixing the relocation mechanism. Perhaps use the tunnel system for relocation to other sectors..
  • And an alternative reward system for PvP. Now we use CP/RT with little or no reward. POIs and territories are alliance-wide benefits, which is not incentive enough at a personal level. There needs to reward at a personal level. For example someway of calculating PvP Experience and awarding Experience Points (EP) and then using EP to unlock PvP specific upgrades. e.g. reduced defense repair time, reduced move recovery, increased PvP efficiency of army, reduced base repair time, reduced attack recovery time etc. One can imagine many things which will give a player a slight PvP edge.
02-07-2016 12:28 AM
 Search   Quote 
Perniscus Offline

(01-07-2016 11:59 PM)Mr_AJ42 Wrote:  I guess if your enemy is paying so much to kill you, 24 hrs isn't much to pay. Maybe consider 12 h for forgotten deaths, and 24 h for pvp deaths though. If you're going to revert things, another change that could be reversed, is the ability to attack your own alliance, or allies, NAP. The ability to hit your own alliance was taken away to kill RP farms & looting, but those have been killed by another mechanism now (zero RP/loot patch). If we have a useless alliance member, or wish to ignore diplomacy status and hit an ally, that no longer gives you any exploitable advantage that isn't happening elsewhere anyway (like killing weaker alts to hold territory). Likewise with hitting a player you are subbing.

P.S. Still waiting for >L65 units too. Smile

I miss that too along with not being able to swap between alliances as and when you need to.

(02-07-2016 12:28 AM)Ulugulan Wrote:  No player worth their salt relies on PvP loot for growth and developers know that very well. So the rants about bringing loot back is not gonna change anything, as has been confirmed by devs on other threads. Bringing back loot will only encourage people to keep account eating and gain advantage.

This change is actually good and the first positive pro-PvP change in a while. However, it still does not solve the issues bugging PvP. What PvP requires now is:
  • Fixing the relocation mechanism. Perhaps use the tunnel system for relocation to other sectors..
  • And an alternative reward system for PvP. Now we use CP/RT with little or no reward. POIs and territories are alliance-wide benefits, which is not incentive enough at a personal level. There needs to reward at a personal level. For example someway of calculating PvP Experience and awarding Experience Points (EP) and then using EP to unlock PvP specific upgrades. e.g. reduced defense repair time, reduced move recovery, increased PvP efficiency of army, reduced base repair time, reduced attack recovery time etc. One can imagine many things which will give a player a slight PvP edge.

Whilst that would be great it would be exploited. But any reward will be so perhaps you just have to accept that and do it any way. Better some sad people exploiting and it being fun for the rest than no fun for anyone.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016 01:10 AM by Perniscus.)
02-07-2016 01:05 AM
 Search   Quote 
Sorrowman1984 Offline

(02-07-2016 12:28 AM)Ulugulan Wrote:  No player worth their salt relies on PvP loot for growth and developers know that very well. So the rants about bringing loot back is not gonna change anything, as has been confirmed by devs on other threads. Bringing back loot will only encourage people to keep account eating and gain advantage.

even if I find it a great idea , is so easily to exploit this..Ppl will start creating alt accounts like crazy in order to unlock everything , so in reality will bring even bigger account eating issues...
A big step to make the PvP more atracive and at the same time not exploitable , is just to reduce the PvP repair time cost (RT) like they did with CP ... If you can save RT to spend it on farming , you can keep growing properly ...

Personaly I dont believe that cutting the loot , they killing the PvP . In reality I believe they make the all game better, with less ways to cheat/exploit .. With the reduced CP cost , you still can farm very efficiently and keep growing properly , but really , who was going to PvP , for the loot? none ... Was always an extra bonus the loot you could get , but thats why the reduced the CP cost , because now you can get the same by farming some camps/outposts
We all doing pvp for the terriority , to slow down our enemy etc , and none of the changes affected those things
02-07-2016 02:11 AM
 Search   Quote