Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Community Moderator GamerDruid
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

Community Moderator GamerDruid
Greetings Commanders!

Today I have been appointed to join the Community Moderation Team so felt I should join in an post a little about myself.

So without further fuss or waffle, let the introduction commence!

Who are you?
I am GamerDruid. I was born in 1954 so I am 62 years old and an experienced Moderator who have spent a great portion of his free time over the last 10 years moderating a web-host forum, something which I enjoy very much.
I have been a TA player since 2012.

I have been a fan of the C&C franchise since it started. My first RTS game was Dune which metamorphised into C&C and from that day onward I have been hooked into the world of C&C. I am not the best player in the world but other alliance members on many worlds acknowledge me as someone who can organise.

Where are you from?
I am from the UK, born and bred. I live in Washington in the North East of England.

What's your favourite Tiberium Alliances aspect?
The interaction with other members of the alliance and sometimes with other enemy alliances. Working together as a team to reach a common goal whether that be the reaching and securing a particular POI or movement to a particular location. Managing the teamwork needed to kill a particularly stubborn base or just the managing of an Alliance, is probably the best aspect of the game. It is called Tiberium Alliances.

What's your favourite C&C game?
The original C&C has a particularly special place in my mind, but currently TA would have to be the one that is labelled my 'Favourite'

What's your favorite faction in C&C?
I play both GDI and Nod and would love to play the Forgotten some day!

How did you become a Community Moderator?
A few moderators seemed to be leaving after many years admirable service and I was invited to apply because of the nature of my postings.

What do you work as?
I am a retired Secondary School (age 11 - 16) teacher who taught Maths in my early teaching career and later computing. In the UK computing has had various titles from Computer Studies, Computer Science and later became Office Studies and then Information Technology. It was called Information and Communication Technology when I retired but has returned to Computer Studies for some. Education in the UK often goes in full circles!

Any plans to work in the game industry?
No plans to work in any industry. I hope to have a long and interesting 'career' as someone who is retired and free to do as I please Smile

Any other favorite games of yours?
I don't seem to regularly play more than one game at a time but over the years I've spent a lot of time on the PC version of DOOM! and Rocks'n'Diamonds.

What kinda music do you like?
When driving I enjoy listening to British and American pop music from the 50's, 60's and 70's.

How do you spend your spare time?
What spare time I do have I spend either driving around Europe on holiday or gaming. Sometimes it's hard to fit in the two together though.

Your weirdest hobby?
I suppose my friends would say my 'other' hobby is planning a model train layout. I've not actually got around to building it but spend hours telling them what I plan to do!

What is your Nerdiest apparel?
I have something called a 'sports visor' (I had to look up the name on Google) that I wear when driving my convertible Volvo C70 Smile

If I could be a game character, I would be… ?
A one that survives Wink

Good luck Commanders! :3
10-06-2016 04:15 PM
 Search   Quote 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

RE: Community Moderator GamerDruid
Hey Gamer, I am glad u have been appointed as a moderator because from your posts on these forums, I consider u having a very balanced attitude and a fair one. So good luck and keep the interests of the player community while u moderate.
11-06-2016 05:45 AM
 Search   Quote