RE: 16.3 Patchnotes
16.4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOi-vlzRHEw
05-07-2016 07:15 PM
 Search   Quote 
leemus2004 Offline

rhiordd,

I have an idea for the old worlds to give them some spark... how about AI Alliances, like 3 of them one from every faction?
07-07-2016 08:34 PM
 Search   Quote 
sfklew Offline
Banned

(07-07-2016 08:34 PM)leemus2004 Wrote:  rhiordd,

I have an idea for the old worlds to give them some spark... how about AI Alliances, like 3 of them one from every faction?

you still don't get it, do you?

They don't want to give the old worlds any spark ....
And this patch has NOTHING to do with account eating problem ... it is all about for those already got 1st badge (who are most likely devs/mods, and/or close friends) ....
This patch is designed so that once they get 1st badge they WON'T have to buy more funds to DEFEND against others and still remain as top dogs on that server.

They DON'T want to give PvP benefits so that others will stop going after them once they got the badge.

If you do make AI alliance to challenge those top dogs, they WILL HAVE TO BUY MORE FUNDS after getting the 1st badge, in order to defend their top dogs positions.

It is even worse, since AI won't use funds and AI players are online 24/7 compared to human players. Your idea will NEVER happen.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 04:10 AM by sfklew.)
07-07-2016 11:41 PM
 Search   Quote 
ceruleancrystal Offline

it's a wasted effort. I read countless pleads to enhance the gameplay of longterm players. they dont care about that. The money is in new worlds, people willing to race to center and burn cash. I have played this game for too long ( 4 or 5 years almost ? ohhwwghaaad ) . for 1.5 months now I decided not to spend cash anymore. I have 1 goal left, the perfect 65 lvl base in buildings/def and army. once that is done ( 1 week or so ? ) i will say goodbye to this game forever.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2016 11:05 AM by ceruleancrystal.)
11-07-2016 11:04 AM
 Search   Quote 
TiberiumFistrookrx Offline

(05-07-2016 07:15 PM)123wellz Wrote:  16.4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOi-vlzRHEw

Resistance to this 16.3 patch will be dismissed as pure negativity and there is a wise saying that if you can't beat them... join them... So I have decided to become a positive supporter of the new CNC movement and even help it along!

A couple of great ideas for 16.4...

In the spirit of keeping PVP as a strategic tool for capturing POI, and embracing the spirit of the previous patch that restricts players to attack leader-approved alliance bases only (just because you have an "attack" button doesn't mean you should be able to use it... right? so no hitting blue, green, or white bases).

When you are simming a non-approved base of a war approved player (the base is red or orange on the map, but it is not on a POI or does not have a support weapon set on a base on a POI, and therefore does not warrant a strategic attack), and you click "attack" disregarding policy, a script runs that automatically stops all continuous production in your bases, logs you off your account and prevents you from logging back in for 2 days. You could even get a really cool CNC email with a timer on it, so players can reference it often and be excited to log back in when the time approaches. The email can have a cool background image of clashing factions and the header can be in red if you're Nod, blue if you're GDI... self-enforcing PVP rules, how awesome is that?

It is a very important game upgrade for the decent people who don't want to be victimized by those lowlifes lacking in character who attack other players because they think it's a war game (the nerve of those bullies). The unpleasant experience of being engaged by an enemy can avoided by not holding POI! So finally all players can enjoy the peace they have been yearning for, being unhindered in their farming and growth. The grace of Heaven has arrived to CNC. It's visionary!

Another really awesome thing that could be done to improve the game is to fix the "attack" button. Instead of the funky looking bullseye, we could put a really cool looking rooster icon on it. Totally awesome. When you hover over the button the title reads "farm costs", instead of the misleading "attack costs", and an Old-Mc-Donald-had-a-farm jingle sounds. It would tie into the logout improvement, reminding players the button is for ONLY for farming or POI (chicks go "pio, pio" so it ties in well for both), and not to attempt to cause harm to innocent enemy bases. Base farming has no place in the new CNC, but it can still be great fun!

The most awesome improvement that can be implemented though is to add scripts that cause browser hangs and crashes more often. It's good now, but 20 times / day is really not enough. The game needs a boost in this area up to at least 50 browser crashes / day to keep us all on our toes never knowing what will happen next. It is the extreme of the definition of fun when you write a message in-game, click "send" and get a blank screen of death in the messages window that let's you know the script broke and the content you wrote is gone and will not be delivered. It's like an electric jolt that runs through your veins and lights you up with energy... exhilarating! And it gives you the chance to think really hard whether the message was important enough to re-write. It has done wonders for my critical thinking before writing messages, and others may benefit the same way. It's really a great feature! The new slogan could be "CNC, race other players in the strategic debate game that is fun and educational..." You can appeal to a younger demographic and advertise in elementary schools through PTA flyers, and mothers would encourage their children to try playing CNC. There is another fantastic hidden benefit in adding the incremental crash feature... Every time the browser crashes, the player goes through the login screen again, and you can inform your superiors at EA that through your creative genius, account logins have more than doubled! You are sure to get promoted! It's a win/win for all involved... Isn't that great? You can expect lots of PM from your fan base here, congratulating you on your well deserved salary increase!

And don't listen to all these guys saying changes are detrimental to gameplay. They have been playing for years, but really have no idea of what they're talking about. This isn't about the preferences of the sore losers that are playing today, it's about the quality gamers of the future! People are just negative towards change... You're doing a great job!

I can't wait for 16.4. Very exciting stuff.
13-07-2016 04:39 AM
 Search   Quote 
palmerland99 Offline

is any thing being done about the constant crashing and general poor quality of the servers i play on tiberium 11 and am very disappointed it seems to be getting worse i and most of the people i play with are getting very fed up with this i had to reload 4 times to take out one base earlier risking some one pinching valuable resources and territory was planning to start a new server when finnished with this one but wont be if problems continue games been going for years now and this sort of issue should have been dealt with a long time ago.
13-07-2016 05:46 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

Everyone is aware of the issue, even work-around solutions have been posted (using old or portable version of chrome) but no permanent solution as yet.
14-07-2016 05:32 PM
 Search   Quote 
123wellz Offline

Brilliant!

Resistance to this 16.3 patch will be dismissed as pure negativity and there is a wise saying that if you can't beat them... join them... So I have decided to become a positive supporter of the new CNC movement and even help it along!

A couple of great ideas for 16.4...

In the spirit of keeping PVP as a strategic tool for capturing POI, and embracing the spirit of the previous patch that restricts players to attack leader-approved alliance bases only (just because you have an "attack" button doesn't mean you should be able to use it... right? so no hitting blue, green, or white bases).

When you are simming a non-approved base of a war approved player (the base is red or orange on the map, but it is not on a POI or does not have a support weapon set on a base on a POI, and therefore does not warrant a strategic attack), and you click "attack" disregarding policy, a script runs that automatically stops all continuous production in your bases, logs you off your account and prevents you from logging back in for 2 days. You could even get a really cool CNC email with a timer on it, so players can reference it often and be excited to log back in when the time approaches. The email can have a cool background image of clashing factions and the header can be in red if you're Nod, blue if you're GDI... self-enforcing PVP rules, how awesome is that?

It is a very important game upgrade for the decent people who don't want to be victimized by those lowlifes lacking in character who attack other players because they think it's a war game (the nerve of those bullies). The unpleasant experience of being engaged by an enemy can avoided by not holding POI! So finally all players can enjoy the peace they have been yearning for, being unhindered in their farming and growth. The grace of Heaven has arrived to CNC. It's visionary!

Another really awesome thing that could be done to improve the game is to fix the "attack" button. Instead of the funky looking bullseye, we could put a really cool looking rooster icon on it. Totally awesome. When you hover over the button the title reads "farm costs", instead of the misleading "attack costs", and an Old-Mc-Donald-had-a-farm jingle sounds. It would tie into the logout improvement, reminding players the button is for ONLY for farming or POI (chicks go "pio, pio" so it ties in well for both), and not to attempt to cause harm to innocent enemy bases. Base farming has no place in the new CNC, but it can still be great fun!

The most awesome improvement that can be implemented though is to add scripts that cause browser hangs and crashes more often. It's good now, but 20 times / day is really not enough. The game needs a boost in this area up to at least 50 browser crashes / day to keep us all on our toes never knowing what will happen next. It is the extreme of the definition of fun when you write a message in-game, click "send" and get a blank screen of death in the messages window that let's you know the script broke and the content you wrote is gone and will not be delivered. It's like an electric jolt that runs through your veins and lights you up with energy... exhilarating! And it gives you the chance to think really hard whether the message was important enough to re-write. It has done wonders for my critical thinking before writing messages, and others may benefit the same way. It's really a great feature! The new slogan could be "CNC, race other players in the strategic debate game that is fun and educational..." You can appeal to a younger demographic and advertise in elementary schools through PTA flyers, and mothers would encourage their children to try playing CNC. There is another fantastic hidden benefit in adding the incremental crash feature... Every time the browser crashes, the player goes through the login screen again, and you can inform your superiors at EA that through your creative genius, account logins have more than doubled! You are sure to get promoted! It's a win/win for all involved... Isn't that great? You can expect lots of PM from your fan base here, congratulating you on your well deserved salary increase!

And don't listen to all these guys saying changes are detrimental to gameplay. They have been playing for years, but really have no idea of what they're talking about. This isn't about the preferences of the sore losers that are playing today, it's about the quality gamers of the future! People are just negative towards change... You're doing a great job!

I can't wait for 16.4. Very exciting stuff.

[/quote]
20-07-2016 06:12 PM
 Search   Quote