Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.67 Average
16.3 Patchnotes
rhiordd Offline
Producer

16.3 Patchnotes
Please find below the patch notes for the upcoming 16.3 update. We are currently finalizing tests internally and will bring these changes to the PTEs later this week. We will release the features to all world by the end of April, after intensive testings.

Release Notes - Version 16.3

• PVP Loot Changes
Due to the increasing reports and level of exploits made by PVP combats, we decided to change the way PVP loot is distributed. The loot you can make in PVP is now capped to the crystal repair costs, incurred in the combat. This means you can only loot what you will have to afford to repair your units after each combat.

With this change, we will close the ongoing discussion about ever recurring issues with account eating. We declare PVP as a strategic tool for territory and Points of Interest.

• Tip of the Day
New tips and tricks will show on the loading screen when starting up the game.

Fixes
• We fixed an issue with the default zoom and the zoom levels in base view where the game appeared to be blurry.
• We fixed an issue with Forgotten bases spawning in a location that takes back territory from a POI but does not register on the POI and still remain under player control.
• We fixed an issue where resources were wrongly displayed and visually deducted when selling a unit or structure.
• We fixed an issue with dropping frames when moving base or support in the region view.
• We fixed an issue with vanishing UI elements when docking your browser window to Windows UI
• We fixed an issue where the sell shortcut (f) was not working in a substituted account.
• We fixed an issue where if you overwrite an army setup in the combat simulator, the wrong setup name is displayed.
• A new Speedworld badge type has been brought into the game.

(This post was last modified: 12-04-2016 09:18 AM by rhiordd.)
12-04-2016 09:05 AM
 Search   Quote 
techup2001 Offline

RE: 16.3 Patchnotes
OMG! I can no longer loot from enemy bases? Sad
12-04-2016 11:59 AM
 Search   Quote 
mcwebtree Offline

(12-04-2016 09:05 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  Release Notes - Version 16.3

• PVP Loot Changes
This means you can only loot what you will have to afford to repair your units after each combat.

With this change, we will close the ongoing discussion about ever recurring issues with account eating. We declare PVP as a strategic tool for territory and Points of Interest.

Congratulations on making a viable solution to a persistent problem. However one point of clarification. Do you recoup the entire cry you've spent on the attack on destruction?

So for example I hit a PvP base 10 times to destroy it. (made up numbers to make the point...)

In the first 3 hits I only dent the defence but lose all my army doing so. Therefore my repair costs might be 10m cry. But I've only killed enough defence to earn 3m cry. After my 3 runs I'm now down by 21m cry.

In the next 5 runs I improve my attack, they're a bit weaker I only spend 7m on repairs and earn say 9m per hit, but only receive my 7m back. On those I'm even, although I doubt that would happen given the seriously low loot from PvP defence kills, I think I'd be down here too.

In the last 3 hits there is no defence so I earn nothing on cry but get the base loot. Because I've destroyed the defence my repair bill is down to 0.5m cry, but I can only loot 0.5m cry from the base buildings.

At the end I'm somewhere between 21 and 200m cry down which I would normally have reclaimed on the final kill of the base.

Therefore my question is... is the loot limited to each individual attack, and therefore will I always be out of pocket, or is it cumulative cost across taking down a base, therefore when I take out the base buildings will I get repaid the cry I spent in the first few attacks but couldn't recoup at that time.

Attacking in PvP and not destroying the base always lead to a loss of Cry and a gain for the defender, (as it should be). If now you are looting enough cry to repair each time, (apart from RT), where is the penalty for a failed attack?

If that's not the case and you don't get the full repair cost each hit, then PvP will always cost cry to do.

Can you clarify which scenario is correct.

Many thanks
Mac
12-04-2016 01:49 PM
 Search   Quote 
kramerit Offline

Well
I am not sure if this helps or not.
I am in world for over 2 yrs and dont hold any ground or POI and have been bullied for all this time.
They dont care if they get Crystal cause they own all the POI here for over 2 yrs
They get enough crystal from Bonus to kill everyone.
I dont think it will help me who is getting bullied at all, As i only grew by killing others and taking there wealth from them.
o I know i wont grow now at all with new update.
We have a badge owners that have been here for over 4 years now Bullying.
They dont hold POI or area no need for them to do so.
They have 50 plus army killing a 35 base defence doubt it costs them much to kill us !
I have spent 800 dollars on game as i have a spending problem lol.
I wore out a mouse and a computer playing game and No end game for me.
EA ORIGIN Nice try but you flubbed it again I feel as i am now royally screwed now.
12-04-2016 02:58 PM
 Search   Quote 
24_JA Offline

Changes look good to me EA! Looking forward to everyone being on the same playing field... Eventually...
12-04-2016 03:55 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

I'm sorry your experience has been tempered by bullying that sucks kramerit. Regrettably you can't eliminate douchebaggery in gaming or in real life.

My thoughts on the patch? Both good and bad but the bad is tempered by understanding. Account eating is a blight on the game and this will solve that. It sucks the solution is further deemphasizing PvP......but I totally understand.

12-04-2016 03:57 PM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(12-04-2016 01:49 PM)mcwebtree Wrote:  Therefore my question is... is the loot limited to each individual attack, and therefore will I always be out of pocket, or is it cumulative cost across taking down a base, therefore when I take out the base buildings will I get repaid the cry I spent in the first few attacks but couldn't recoup at that time.

Attacking in PvP and not destroying the base always lead to a loss of Cry and a gain for the defender, (as it should be). If now you are looting enough cry to repair each time, (apart from RT), where is the penalty for a failed attack?

If that's not the case and you don't get the full repair cost each hit, then PvP will always cost cry to do.

Can you clarify which scenario is correct.

Hey Mac, let me make this clear. The crystal loot is defined per attack, that means there won't be any cumulative loot once the base has been taken down. You won't have a lot of repair costs with later attacks and gain your crystal from the defense anyways. Means, you will be able to loot a lot of crystal after attacking the defense, where your troops will be damaged. It will, of course, be more expensive now to attack higher enemies, but that´s alright.

Some voices speak of PVP not relevant any longer now, but we think that the Points of Interests and the bonus coming with them, are worth alone every PVP encounter, especially in the mid and late game.

12-04-2016 04:15 PM
 Search   Quote 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

(12-04-2016 09:05 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  • PVP Loot Changes
Due to the increasing reports and level of exploits made by PVP combats, we decided to change the way PVP loot is distributed. The loot you can make in PVP is now capped to the crystal repair costs, incurred in the combat. This means you can only loot what you will have to afford to repair your units after each combat.

While I understand the need to make this change, I believe this was poorly thought out change. PvP has already become greatly unattractive due to spate of changes, e.g. mere 6 hour recovery from PvP death, Reduced RP gain from attacks. Now removing loot completely without introducing another incentive to PvP is just going to kill PvP off for good.

U may declare as a strategic tool, all you want, but without any strategic advantage to it, u might as well have killed off PvP for good. Now any alliance engaging in PvP would be just stalled in progress completely, compared to alliances, not engaged in PvP.

There were many suggestions made to incentivize PvP, many of them really good. I sincerely hope you guys consider bringing some of them into the game. Otherwise I fear this game is going to become very very boring.
12-04-2016 04:25 PM
 Search   Quote 
sico53v2 Offline

PVP is the only thing that made this game interesting. this seems like this is group punishment for a few bad apples account eating and group punishment is never the way to go.

TA is now officially boring.

time to find another game

cheers.
12-04-2016 04:49 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

(12-04-2016 04:25 PM)Ulugulan Wrote:  Now any alliance engaging in PvP would be just stalled in progress completely, compared to alliances, not engaged in PvP.

This is EXACTLY my fear.

12-04-2016 04:53 PM
 Search   Quote