Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 2.33 Average
We need your hints for the game!
rhiordd Offline
Producer

We need your hints for the game!
Hey everybody,

New Commanders are coming into the game each and every game, and there are a lot of veteran players which collected tons of good hints and valuable insights over the time and years. Wouldn´t it be cool to share some of the knowledge our players collected with everybody? We realize, that many players get into the game and lots of questions are coming up, luckily, we know have the chat, but there might even be things that just don´t get asked, but would be nice to know.

We would, therefore, start adding useful tips and hints to the loading screen of the game, and need your insights.

If you know of helpful stuff, you wished you would have known earlier, or think that's something everybody should know or makes the life of a player easier - share it with us here, and it can be stuff that makes people smirk too!

Here is an example: You can enable the "disable unit" function in the army setup by pressing "X" on your Keyboard.

So, please let them coming if you have helpful tips and hints. As this is a collection thread, we will moderate strictly and remove anything that's not tips and hints, though, we hope you understand.

15-01-2016 02:38 PM
 Search   Quote 
Avarik Offline

RE: We need your hints for the game!
Make sure to build a versatile army consisting of all 3 unit branches - It will help you conserve precious Unit Repair Time to continue your attacks!

This is Ion Cannon Support; copy Ion Cannon Support into your signature to help it shoop da whoop! [Image: 352rejt.gif]
15-01-2016 02:54 PM
 Search   Quote 
leo7044 Offline

I found that questions and answers in an old sub-forum. I read through it and the information seems to be up to date.

Q: How do I get resources?
A: You can get resources by building structures that generate resources, by doing battle, by completing missions, or by using supply packages.

Q: Which buildings produce which resources?
A: To get tiberium, build a harvester on a tiberium field (green). To get crystals, build a harvester on a crystal field (blue). To get power, build a power plant. To get credits, build a refinery. There is no building to generate research points.

Q: Which resources are available through combat?
A: You can obtain tiberium, crystals, credits and research points through combat. Power cannot be obtained through combat directly. (You could get a supply package containing power through combat, see below). The amount of resources you get through combat are scaled with the base level, destroying more difficult outposts, camps and bases awards more resources.

Q: Which resources are available using supply packages?
A: There are supply packages for tiberium, for crystal, for power and for credits. You can activate any package using the specified number of supply points (which regenerate over time). The resources are added to your currently selected base (except credits, which are shared across bases, see below). You can also click the "+" button adjacent to a resource as a shortcut to activate a supply package in your current base. Research points are not available through supply packages.

Q: Are resources shared between bases?
A: Tiberium and crystal are not shared between bases, but can be transferred between bases (at the cost of credits). Power is not shared between bases, and cannot be transferred. Credits and research are shared between bases, and can be used anywhere.

Q: How do I get supply packages?
A: Some Forgotten camps, outposts or bases contain a supply package. You will receive the supply package by destroying the building marked with the supply package icon in the base. The type of package you receive is random. Additionally, you can receive supply packages through missions, or by visiting the shop. To see the packages currently in your possession, use the "Inventory" button on the top menu bar.

Q: What can I do with which resource?
A: You can use tiberium to build structures in your base, as well as some defensive structures. You can use crystal to build units (both offensive and defensive). Power is required for the building of higher levels of all buildings and units. Credits can be used to transfer resources between bases, as well as unlock units and structures in conjunction with research points.

Q: What is a production bonus?
A: Some structures in your base can generate periodic batches of extra resources if they are placed adjacent to other buildings; these are called a production bonus.

Q: How do I get a production bonus?
A: To get a production bonus on a harvester, build an adjacent silo. To get a production bonus on a power plant, build an adjacent accumulator. To get a production bonus on a refinery, build an adjacent power plant.

Q: When do I get a production bonus?
A: If you have a building that qualifies for a production bonus (see above), that building will periodically generate a bonus package. The bonus amount depends on the level of the production building. The length of the period depends on the number and level of the adjacent support buildings. When a bonus package is available, you can see its yellow icon in your base. Simply clicking on the package collects the resources, which will be immediately added to your balance.

Q: What if I don't pick up bonus package
A: Every production building can generate up to two bonus packages. When two packages are ready, the building will stop producing bonus packages until you collect them. You can raise the storage if you use funds.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LEOBRB7044
[Image: vit5Qpt.png]
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2016 03:43 PM by leo7044.)
15-01-2016 03:42 PM
 Visit this user's website   Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

What a lot of people don't know is that there are shortcuts for many features within the game

There are tooltips (little messages you see when your mouse goes over a particular section) but many ignore them.

Here http://puu.sh/mwxTD/eac4d5a047.png is a list posted on Slack by Rhiordd
15-01-2016 03:59 PM
 Search   Quote 
hanskaa Offline

for now, play only PTE server, normal servers will be waste of time and moneyCool
15-01-2016 04:59 PM
 Search   Quote 
daffyduck996 Offline

I have a parallel life to Tiberium alliances so i have not managed to learn what a PTE server is, if you can be so kind as to elaborate please.
Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 12:21 PM by daffyduck996.)
18-01-2016 11:38 AM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

The P(ublic) T(est) S(erver) is intended as a public test server (PTE) for the new patches. The idea being that problems are caught or highlighted before being rolled out to existing worlds or introduced with new worlds.

That being said, it seems that the problems identified aren't always resolved before roll out. It is a truly free-to-play server as the purchase of extras is disabled.

New players would find it a good place to train, existing players often find it frustrating and disparage it although a core of good existing players play on it to test out the new ideas and patches.
18-01-2016 05:03 PM
 Search   Quote 
ThroatPuncher81b Offline

Q: Which Faction is "Better"? Nod? or GDI?

A: Neither if you don't know what you're doing. Try them both out. That being said, most servers are dominated by NOD players. The upgrades to NOD units allow a skilled player to reduce or eliminate the Repair Time of their army. Repair Time becomes the limiting resource of the game after the first few levels.
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2016 02:23 AM by ThroatPuncher81b.)
19-01-2016 02:22 AM
 Search   Quote 
Disturbed71 Offline
Super Community Moderator

@markussvan10

this was already discussed in the german forum.

Here a little summary of Rhiordd:

"If we wanted to increase the cap , we need a large amount of the Game rewrite ."

and there is also a cap on the fortress, Level 70 / 95, so with an increasing Main-Off-Base it will be more easier to the end.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.
Look in my face, stare in my soul, i begin to stupify
[Image: disturbedsignaturbild_1.jpg]
"My Brothers, My Sisters, My Blood - Liberate your Mind"
21-01-2016 09:56 AM
 Search   Quote 
markussvan10 Offline
Veteran Member

(21-01-2016 09:56 AM)Disturbed71 Wrote:  @markussvan10

this was already discussed in the german forum.

Here a little summary of Rhiordd:

"If we wanted to increase the cap , we need a large amount of the Game rewrite ."

and there is also a cap on the fortress, Level 70 / 95, so with an increasing Main-Off-Base it will be more easier to the end.

I just want to dicrease the repair time and not increasing an army, some units cost me more than 10hours each if broken.
Without funds you cant play it good

Dutch Worlds 1,2,3,4 and 5 just for fun

Tiberium 1
21-01-2016 02:28 PM
 Search   Quote