Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
internal simulator
DeathMetalEagle Offline

RE: internal simulator
(14-01-2016 01:29 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  We will improve the current implemented sim with all the feedback we get, but I don´t have any problem having TACS3 and other scripts installed right now, and the internal simulator.. Evidence here: http://puu.sh/mvjrS/b92926ed9b.jpg

I can also use both simulators. Anyhow, somewhere here in the forums I already spotted a way where players describe how to disable the build in simulator already, if you don´t like it.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Isn't the whole point of having an internal sim to stop people using Prosim/autosim ?
Yet you say people can still use external sims...hm?
14-01-2016 10:34 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

(14-01-2016 01:29 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  We will improve the current implemented sim with all the feedback we get, but I don´t have any problem having TACS3 and other scripts installed right now, and the internal simulator.. Evidence here: http://puu.sh/mvjrS/b92926ed9b.jpg

I can also use both simulators. Anyhow, somewhere here in the forums I already spotted a way where players describe how to disable the build in simulator already, if you don´t like it.

Except the internal sim graphics overlay the TACS "disable units" button graphics which doesn't allow both sims to be used.
You have taken a great script, the combat simulator and convoluted it and for no benefit.

If the internal sim was made optional and players were given the option to disable it, it wouldn't matter.
Give players the option to choose which sim they use.

And sadly, the feedback from the PTE was ignored and the internal broken sim was released to active worlds before all the problems were sorted out.
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2016 11:32 PM by Sentry43.)
16-01-2016 03:15 PM
 Search   Quote 
bralstonnine Offline

(16-01-2016 03:15 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  And sadly, the feedback from the PTE was ignored and the internal broken sim was released to active worlds before all the problems were sorted out.

This has become the norm for this game, it shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

I like the new sim, but as others have mentioned, its been dummed down and not working as efficiently as the other sim scripts out there. Even the worst 3rd party script works better when it comes to functionality compared to the new in game sim.
18-01-2016 11:40 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

(18-01-2016 11:40 PM)bralstonnine Wrote:  This has become the norm for this game, it shouldn't be a surprise anymore.

Sadly, it's always been the norm for this game. Since day one there hasn't been a single update/patch or maintenance fix that hasn't resulted in errors/bugs or failures being fobbed onto the players because of no/poor QA.

The whole idea of the PTE was to eliminate that. To date, that hasn't happened. And sadly, the PTE is more a gaming server now than a test bed. I know players who only play on the PTE and wont play other servers.

As for the internal sim. I have not come across many players who like it. That said, I'm sure many do however players should be given the option to disable it.
As for the billboard stats window, I just don't get it. If you are all about graphics it might be right up your alley but as a stats window it just loses the plot.

EDIT: KRS_L has fixed the problem with an update to TACS.
TACS v3.12b is available here: http://cncscripts.com/
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2016 12:33 PM by Sentry43.)
18-01-2016 11:53 PM
 Search   Quote