Poll: Should we reset the PTE in January 2015?
Yes
No
I play the PTE and dont mind
I dont play the PTE and should actually not vote
PTE?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
[POLL] Shall the PTE be reset soon?
rhiordd Offline
Producer

[POLL] Shall the PTE be reset soon?
Hi all,

thanks for your continuous testing efforts, building this game is a lot more fun and a lot better, with you guys helping us out each and every day. We realized that quite some people use the PTE for regular play. Even though we warned you that we might have to reset the server sooner or later.

We had a lot of testing already and the server looks more of a battlefield than many other worlds. I hereby would want to know from you, if we shall wipe and reset the server with the end of 2015.

We will of course, continue testing new functions and updates with cheats and items and events and such.

Please vote and let us know. Please be aware, if we need to wipe it, we will have to do it, right now, there is no need in sight, yet I hear some of you asking for it.

30-11-2015 04:20 PM
 Search   Quote 
sebb912 Offline
Master of Disaster xD

RE: [POLL] Shall the PTE be reset soon?
A Reset with all chats are very nice.
So the Poeple can test things (PvP and PVE) one this server .

Yet there is no reason to play the PTE Sad

And why i have my Special Badge ( crashing the Server) and the 20 years badge not in normal worlds.
30-11-2015 08:10 PM
 Search   Quote 
sporaner2012 Offline

Its not okSadSad
01-12-2015 10:51 AM
 Search   Quote 
nhsdude2010 Offline

Hi
I have been on this from the start and have spent hours and hours building to my current level. If you do indeed reset the world it would be like a knife in my back. Hopefully you can be thoughtful on us players who have dedicated our services to you.

Regards
Mark
01-12-2015 11:33 AM
 Search   Quote 
shaun_fuller42 Offline
Bragg24

so according to the question we are going back in time to january 2015 to reset the server or maybe not Smile

Poll: Should we reset the PTE in January 2015?
01-12-2015 07:26 PM
 Search   Quote 
cote68 Offline

Smile

yes reset
01-12-2015 09:04 PM
 Search   Quote 
wyseguy78 Offline

it is a test server and it has been reset before, i am all for resetting it as needed... this has been the most fun i have had here... if we can help make the game better by all means do what must be done... however give us a good heads up when possible...

Dodgy
01-12-2015 09:17 PM
 Search   Quote 
paulgodden74 Offline

the announcement at log in to pte reminds us all its a test server and can be reset at any moment, reset is good, retest start up, whats the point in growing a fat base there? thats what the competitive worlds are for.
01-12-2015 09:32 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

I have also voted yes to a restart - although March would be a better schedule. I think that there should be a planned pattern of restarting with that information being shared well in advance. A 6 monthly restart and reset gives plenty of time for testing the progress to the centre and taking of the fortress for 2 or even 3 alliances. There are only 4 or 5 alliances active so there will be losers, but if this is a schedule that is shared, they know in advance.

New types of camps (infected) and other new features can be tested just as well on a long running server, but things like the lvl18 bubble and message can't which is probably why it was missed and we had the issues on the WCS 2015.

The devs also need to see how some of the rewards alter playing patterns so sometimes it may be necessary to have some of the 'cheats' on the PTE turned off. That is best done at the start of a test cycle - for example the RT & CP on the PTE from the latest test are irrelevant as repair and CP is unlimited. How would that change on a live server? The only way to test it is to see by turning off the CP and Repair cheats but in order to make it like a live server there is still a need to boost RT & CP to simulate buying habits.

Just my 2 cents worth!
01-12-2015 09:51 PM
 Search   Quote 
Frasi1978 Offline

reset please
05-12-2015 01:54 PM
 Search   Quote