Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[PTE]Update - 26. November
rhiordd Offline
Producer

[PTE]Update - 26. November
Gentlemen testers,

We deployed a new update to the PTE yesterday. Over the weekend and the course of next week, we would highly appreciate any feedback about the update.

Please note that we extended the Copy Coordinates script with more functionality, it is no longer required to use the external script.

We will add the TACS Combat Sim to the full game natively with a update in January, some code for the combat sim therefore, is already in the game and I asked KRS-Lan to update his combat simulator as it looks like the UI is messed up. Please use the TACS simulator once KRS fixed it.

If you experience any other scripts not functional please let me know.

Here is a list of changes. Please note that these do not reflect the final 15.4 Patchnotes.

PTE Release Notes - Version 15.4

Infected Camps
We´d like to introduce the next challenge in the World of Tiberium Alliances. Infected Camps are a new and exciting challenge coming your way.

Infected Camps will spawn during specific event periods only. While the Event is active, Forgotten Camps will spawn around claimed Tunnel Exits and claimed Points of Interest. Infected Camps contain Command Points and Offense Repair Time next to their usual loot. These additional resources can only be stolen when the player offense level is equal to or lower than the Infected Camp level. But beware, Infected Camps should not be taken lightly.

For PTE testing purpose, we will enable an Infected Event today, Friday 27th. We would highly appreciate if you could concentrate on testing the new loot and difficulty of the camps.

World Map
The world map has been revamped and improved.
You can now enable and disable the following settings to be shown on the world map.
• Show own bases, Show alliance, show allied alliances, show alliance markers, show other Commanders, show POIs, show satellites, show NAP alliances, show enemy alliances.

Further fixes

• The research costs for the Mammoth Tank upgrade and Avatar upgrade have been changed to 960M Credits and 768M Research Points
• The “Copy Coordinates” function has been extended by players request and you can now copy coordinates from Shield hubs, Ruins, Tunnels, and POIs
• A bug where buildings appeared as damaged after a combat, while they have not been attacked is resolved
• The hint and pop up that you will lose your shield when moving in or beyond certain areas have been visually improved
• A bug lead to some menu windows showing up in wrong size and dimensions, this has been fixed now
• A bug where UI elements did not close when clicking the X has been fixed
• A feature has been added that will no longer require a browser cache refresh from you after we applied updates to the game. With this change, we should get rid of the ever repeating cache issues spread within the community.

(This post was last modified: 27-11-2015 10:48 AM by rhiordd.)
27-11-2015 10:37 AM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

RE: [PTE]Update - 26. November
[Known Bugs]

- Pop Up warning that you will loose your shield whenever you attempt to move, even if you don´t have a shield.

27-11-2015 11:16 AM
 Search   Quote 
whoismikejones3 Offline

But once again....ZERO new content. New Units? New Upgrades?
Not to the mention the 'Forgotten' (camp or otherwise) are already INFECTED!! You guys forgot your own damn story line.....
Getting close to a year since the new team took over and the only thing 'exciting' thing you have introduced is the question as to if people can log in from day to day or if you broke that...
27-11-2015 01:53 PM
 Search   Quote 
satakipsilim Offline

And today seems like all worlds are offline?
27-11-2015 03:51 PM
 Search   Quote 
IEDboy Offline

I can't relocate anymore since the outage last night it says can't relocate because your attacking. Which I am NOT doing I just logged in.
27-11-2015 10:05 PM
 Search   Quote 
Zocom7 Offline

Currently the TACS user script (that worked in the PTE) for me isn't working correctly because the showing of the buttons are in the wrong buttom section every time I tried attacking a base/camp/outpost.
28-11-2015 05:39 PM
 Search   Quote 
TomThumb1621 Offline

I like the new Infected Camps, nice exciting colours/graphics,
was unable to defeat them with my offense level <= the Infected Camp base level, although did manage to defeat them with higher a offense level sometimes.

Cool
29-11-2015 12:27 AM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(28-11-2015 05:39 PM)Zocom7 Wrote:  Currently the TACS user script (that worked in the PTE) for me isn't working correctly because the showing of the buttons are in the wrong buttom section every time I tried attacking a base/camp/outpost.

We contacted the developer of the script to be aware of this.

01-12-2015 10:28 AM
 Search   Quote 
paulgodden74 Offline

infected camps are a good introduction, nice resources, graphics quirky. next new units for attack please or new upgrades to kill them Smile
01-12-2015 09:39 PM
 Search   Quote 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

I've said this elsewhere before, but I like repeating myself!

A number of issues arose with the PTE testing so hopefully there'll be a new test of the system to see if the problems re-occur or throw up even more new problems.

A new endgame after the killing of a fort (eg respawning of the guardian bases at the level of the previous fort) with those on a hub having their base transported to the mid-section or outer edges of the world. (I know it will take weeks to return, but it is possible with careful planning as long as you know in advance that is what will happen.)

PTE testing feedback:
The rewards on offer for the PTE test were too generous (2d+ per infected base if you managed to kill the barracks, factory and airfield in the same shot) at the same time the CP so low (10) that it wouldn't make much difference if you're spending 10+ to kill the camp.
01-12-2015 09:58 PM
 Search   Quote