Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Windows 10 Problem Yuri's Revenge
ecselent111 Offline

Windows 10 Problem Yuri's Revenge
Hello, guys. Yestarday I installed Windows 10, and now i have troubles playing Yuri, I set in .ini files the command VideoBackBuffer=No and this is worked, but not with CNCNET, just running directly Yuri's revenge, with CNCNET I have LOW FPS. I tried, compatibilty and run color, and administrator and etc etc etc....... any other ideas....... ? I really like this game and i'm sure there is gonna be a way to be played on Win 10
22-07-2015 09:21 AM
 Search   Quote 
CnCGeek101 Offline

RE: Windows 10 Problem Yuri's Revenge
(22-07-2015 09:21 AM)ecselent111 Wrote:  Hello, guys. Yestarday I installed Windows 10, and now i have troubles playing Yuri, I set in .ini files the command VideoBackBuffer=No and this is worked, but not with CNCNET, just running directly Yuri's revenge, with CNCNET I have LOW FPS. I tried, compatibilty and run color, and administrator and etc etc etc....... any other ideas....... ? I really like this game and i'm sure there is gonna be a way to be played on Win 10

Windows 10 is not supported for YR. Once Windows 10 launches I'm 100% sure the community will find workarounds for YR and other old C&C titles.

I'm a moderator, not an official EA representative
22-07-2015 08:55 PM
 Search   Quote 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

Matter resolved here: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=4250

It's a problem shared with Windows 8/8.1 (not surprising).
23-07-2015 07:28 AM
 Search   Quote 
ix89mkrm Offline

I came here looking for answers to this, and since then have found out a few things.

First, you'll probably find in the System Event Log these 2 errors -

Service Control Manager - Event ID 7000
Code:
The Secdrv service failed to start due to the following error:
This driver has been blocked from loading

Application Popup - Event ID 1060
Code:
The description for Event ID 1060 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\drivers\SECDRV.SYS

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

These errors are due to a lack of SafeDisk drivers for Windows 10. A lot of older CDs had this copy protection, and the driver was included with earlier versions of Windows. I do not know if it can be copied from a Win 8.1 64bit system, but at this point the only work-around I've found was to install a no-cd update/crack, and copy over the .mix files from the original CD.

I hope this helps, and please update if you find any other solutions as this was one of the few helpful searches that popped up when I was looking for answers.
08-08-2015 04:14 PM
 Search   Quote 
neogrant Offline

(22-07-2015 09:21 AM)ecselent111 Wrote:  Hello, guys. Yestarday I installed Windows 10, and now i have troubles playing Yuri, I set in .ini files the command VideoBackBuffer=No and this is worked, but not with CNCNET, just running directly Yuri's revenge, with CNCNET I have LOW FPS. I tried, compatibilty and run color, and administrator and etc etc etc....... any other ideas....... ? I really like this game and i'm sure there is gonna be a way to be played on Win 10

Just a general FYI, the installers at CnCNet have been updated for Windows 10.
03-09-2015 01:43 PM
 Visit this user's website   Search   Quote 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

(08-08-2015 04:14 PM)ix89mkrm Wrote:  First, you'll probably find in the System Event Log these 2 errors -

Code:
(...)
The following information was included with the event:

\??\C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\drivers\SECDRV.SYS

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

These errors are due to a lack of SafeDisk drivers for Windows 10. A lot of older CDs had this copy protection, and the driver was included with earlier versions of Windows. I do not know if it can be copied from a Win 8.1 64bit system, but at this point the only work-around I've found was to install a no-cd update/crack, and copy over the .mix files from the original CD.

I hope this helps, and please update if you find any other solutions as this was one of the few helpful searches that popped up when I was looking for answers.
Now that's what I call good investigation. You can at least try to copypaste the driver, I'll try to do so from Windows 7.
03-09-2015 01:51 PM
 Search   Quote 
philw254 Offline

I messed up and can't delete for some reason.
(This post was last modified: 30-11-2015 12:44 AM by philw254.)
29-11-2015 07:35 PM
 Search   Quote 
briahna1234 Offline

hey guys i also recentyl installed C&C red alert 2 on my windows 10 pc and have fixed the lag issue but now it is freezing any ideas on how to fix it??
30-11-2015 04:29 AM
 Search   Quote 
cncbattle Offline

(30-11-2015 04:29 AM)briahna1234 Wrote:  hey guys i also recentyl installed C&C red alert 2 on my windows 10 pc and have fixed the lag issue but now it is freezing any ideas on how to fix it??

TS-DDRAW wrappers will fix it. You can google some to find, or use an installer like CnCNet that will patch it for you - http://cncnet.org/yuris-revenge
17-02-2016 02:49 PM
 Search   Quote 
woo_man808 Offline

hey guys,

Please help, every time I play a skirmish game on Yuri's Revenge under my windows 10 laptop it crashes right in the middle of a match. Please help. I tried playing with the compatibility area and not sure what else I can really do.
21-02-2016 12:31 AM
 Search   Quote