Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
15.2 PATCH NOTES
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

RE: 15.2 PATCH NOTES
(10-07-2015 05:29 PM)whoismikejones3 Wrote:  
(10-07-2015 12:12 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Server Registration / pre- Sign Up

I don't see how the load is so intense against the server. If a 25,000 slot server can't handle 25,000 players online then maybe go to a 20,000.
You obviously weren't around for the world 100 fiasco! It's not just about regular worlds but small worlds with only 5000 spaces. The system couldn't cope with everyone trying to log in at the same time. This is an attempt to mitigate that situation.
whoismikejones3 Wrote:
(10-07-2015 12:12 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Player vs. Player
• Currently you pay at least 11 Command Points per attack: 10 Command Points basic value and
+ 1 CP for each field distance in friendly territory

But you can't attack a friendly (white, blue or green) so this makes absolutely no sense....
No, you can't. My understanding is that the cost is a calculation about the territory you're crossing. So it will be a big change.

whoismikejones3 Wrote:
(10-07-2015 12:12 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Offense & Defense [This change might apply to existing worlds too. Will be evaluated during PTE testing.]
• If a base has more offense units than its offense capacity allows, any offense attack from that base are blocked. This will prevent the selling of offense buildings and still continuing attacks.
• If a base has more defense units than its defense capacity allows, units will be disabled until the necessary defense army points are available. Disabled units will be marked as “disabled” in the defense overview.

What?! Has anyone ever heard of PVPer's that 'minimized' base sizes in order to become quicker and more deadly in combat? This also stunted growth so they eventually were forced to change back or quit due to maintained weakness while others grew stronger.
Far as I can tell most of the changes are harmful. Turns the game more into farmville. Farmers generally don't use funds so you are only shooting yourself in the foot again EA; PVPers fund but are being driven away.
Early in the life of a new world the selling of repair buildings and def hq is very common, then buying them again. This will discourage that.
whoismikejones3 Wrote:
(10-07-2015 12:12 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Balancing Changes [Only on new worlds]

The newly worlds that are staying empty/taking forever to fill are the ones getting the changes? The ones where 95% are previous medal holders?
The wording is short hand for saying 'New Economy Worlds' - not worlds that are new, IMO
11-07-2015 11:12 AM
 Search 
kbaum3 Offline

Hey rhiordd,

I like the changes for the most part, but I have a few questions and concerns that I think may need to be addressed

(10-07-2015 12:12 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Offense & Defense [This change might apply to existing worlds too. Will be evaluated during PTE testing.]
• If a base has more offense units than its offense capacity allows, any offense attack from that base are blocked. This will prevent the selling of offense buildings and still continuing attacks.
• If a base has more defense units than its defense capacity allows, units will be disabled until the necessary defense army points are available. Disabled units will be marked as “disabled” in the defense overview.

I think this is a not such a good idea and it should not be implemented. Several players sell and re-buy their attack and defense buildings to improve their production in time that the HQ or CC or repair buildings are not immediately needed. This is part of what separates the best players from the good players. Implementing this would take away an entire aspect of the game.

If it is implemented, will it be possible to choose which defensive units you want to disable?

(10-07-2015 12:12 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Player vs. Player
• Currently you pay at least 11 Command Points per attack: 10 Command Points basic value and
+ 1 CP for each field distance in friendly territory
+ 3 CP for each field distance in enemy territory

• The new basic costs for PvP attacks are 3 Command Points.
You now only +1 CP per field in friendly OR enemy territory when attacking other players

Making it cost less CP for PvP (and it seems like it will be significantly less) will also make it a lot easier players to "lock down" their own bases with alt accounts to keep other players from attacking them. It is virtually impossible to keep this from happening (except if you ban multi-accounts), but I don't think it should be made easier by reducing CP cost for PvP.

My opinion is that it should stay the same, however RT costs should be reduced at higher levels (as well as move timers as well, but i'm not going to beat a dead horse on that one)

(10-07-2015 12:12 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Base Drain & Farming
• NPC and automated base repair now takes 12 hours instead of 1 hour

Question, does this apply to the Base Buildings, or the Defensive units, or both?
If you're trying to reduce the amount of RP farming (which i believe is part of the game and shouldn't be eliminated), you need to increase the repair time for forgotten defensive units, not just base buildings.

Thanks and Regards,
kb3
12-07-2015 12:47 AM
 Search 
FantomFs Offline

(10-07-2015 12:12 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Inactive Players Handling
• All bases of inactive players are ghosted immediately.
• Inactive players turn back into active players as soon as they load the world again.

Keeping of resources/RT or not?

Finally will be denied getting af almost free resources from inactive by non-fair bastard-players.

Quote:Fixes & Improvements
• A new option allows you to level up multiple levels on units and buildings at once

Finally! But it should be made during initial development, not after several years!

Quote:• Fixed ambient audio volume reset upon login

Finally removing of old f*cking bug, which made me angry and mad!

Quote:• Removed the empty cheat menu from worlds

What is/was that?

Quote:Account Eating
• Each unit and building still grants the same amount of resources, but there is a maximum amount of resources a player can loot from another player.
This loot cap affects Crystal, Tiberium and Research Points.

Formula?
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 09:47 PM by FantomFs.)
12-07-2015 03:39 AM
 Search 
poltershpak Offline

(12-07-2015 12:47 AM)kbaum3 Wrote:  I think this is a not such a good idea and it should not be implemented. Several players sell and re-buy their attack and defense buildings to improve their production in time that the HQ or CC or repair buildings are not immediately needed. This is part of what separates the best players from the good players. Implementing this would take away an entire aspect of the game.

Agreed on that. That allows to impact the game at your own risks. I treat this as the feature of the game.

(10-07-2015 12:12 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  Making it cost less CP for PvP (and it seems like it will be significantly less) will also make it a lot easier players to "lock down" their own bases with alt accounts to keep other players from attacking them. It is virtually impossible to keep this from happening (except if you ban multi-accounts), but I don't think it should be made easier by reducing CP cost for PvP.

It will make even easier for alliances to shoot players with their PVP alliances. On low levels it's easy to decrease units RT so even 100 CP would come in useful when attacking an alerted base.

Quote:The System Notifications forum has been removed
What do you mean?
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2015 02:06 PM by poltershpak.)
31-07-2015 02:03 PM
 Search 
Wolfie_C Offline

Personally I am a PvP player all the way through. So the new rules are right up my street. However the following statement needs clarification:

• Each unit and building still grants the same amount of resources, but there is a maximum amount of resources a player can loot from another player.

Personally I have never farmed an account in my time on any of the thousand servers I have played. However if you are at war with an alliance then this inevitably involves killing players several times over. So are you saying that you can only loot a player once in a set time period? i.e. 7 days, 7 hours or month? Otherwise that is simply unfair during war, and will seriously stunt the victors growth.

I am against farming, but there should be rewards for people who win a fight... Otherwise it is in your enemies best interest to instantly spawn infront of you!

Please could you clarify what is meant by the above statement.

Personally I was going to quit the server(s) soon, but I may just give the new settings a bash. Sound slike it is going to be one massive PvP world!
31-07-2015 05:36 PM
 Search 
gamerdruid Offline
Community Moderator

(12-07-2015 03:39 AM)FantomFs Wrote:  

Formula?
We don't have the formulas for anything in the game given to us - some work them out though - so don't expect to be given them this time Sad

There was already a system introduced of capping how much you could carry - so a system of capping how much it gives out is to be expected.
31-07-2015 06:12 PM
 Search 
NeedsToBeSaid Offline

Highly anticipated?

A built in map, better chat, better PM function, more units/factions, the ability to terraform your own layouts, a built in simulator, zoom in/out not via a script, faction balance, repair time balance (later game demonstrates how out of sync it is) research points balance and objectives after the FF are what is highly anticipated, not another pile of nerfs to keep the minority forum serial complainers happy.

I gave up reading the patch notes a long time ago because all I ever seen was efortless mistakes being added to the game by people who don't actually play it and it just made me angry but I just had to se these "highly anticipated" changes.
01-08-2015 01:41 PM
 Search 
Baildongreen Offline

Guys.What its mean PTE???
01-08-2015 05:15 PM
 Search 
whoismikejones3 Offline

(01-08-2015 01:41 PM)NeedsToBeSaid Wrote:  ....................not another pile of nerfs to keep the minority forum serial complainers happy.
No, the reality is (and EA is surely aware and is glad for it) that the serial complainers simply eventually quit. Some give their accounts away, others just walk away outright. After months/years of asking for the same thing they were getting exhausted. Then a new development company comes along with big promises. Then months (not quite years yet but 1/3 of the way there) later they are BACK to ASKING for resolution to STILL the same things...they say 'F' it, and leave.

The only people that continue to stick around are the EA back patters. They keep shouting 'Sounds exciting' every time they say something like 'we are changing the mammoth tank rainbow to support recent US law changes'. It is only the front of the market they change by applying new signs and paint; but inside it is the same rotten meat they have been passing off for years.

Some of the most passionate people about the game (IMPROVEMENTS) are gone. It doesn't take a college degree to be able to click their account names to see they stopped logging in.

The game only has their nails dug into some die-hards. Immaturity? Addicted? Escapism? Real life failures? I dunno why the shameless die-hards stick around. It isn't difficult to see by talking to them (or reading posts) that some are the ones that need help like this:

[Image: 2rxu1p5.png]

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/addic...ion-no-fun <<Article here.

Either way, this forum is supposed to be about communicating with the producers of the game and other players. The producers haven't replied to posts (that I have noticed) for many many weeks at this point; so it is safe to say it is now only player driven.

Also, no one has thought to openly wonder why only a new Tiberian world? Has no one noticed that Asia and American worlds are now unable to fill? There is only 1 Firestorm/Wrath world with over 10,000 accounts.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2015 05:20 PM by whoismikejones3.)
01-08-2015 05:19 PM
 Search 
leo7044 Offline

(01-08-2015 05:15 PM)Baildongreen Wrote:  Guys.What its mean PTE???

PTE means "Public Test Environment". It is a testserver where everybody can test new things and patches.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LEOBRB7044
[Image: vit5Qpt.png]
01-08-2015 06:08 PM
 Visit this user's website   Search