Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Humble Bundle Generals Mulitplayer
jacensteven Away
Not so Senior Member

Humble Bundle Generals Mulitplayer
Yes I know the instructions from here: http://forums.cncnz.com/topic/19303-how-...blebundle/

I pretty much followed them exactly, atleast as far as I know, but I can't even patch the damn game without getting the stupid "old file is missing error." I used to get that when I played my cracked version!!! But I bought it now!!

Um anyone got any ideas?

YUP... I'VE QUIT. THIS TIME FOR GOOD...
BUT DON'T WORRY... I'LL BE BACK!
17-05-2015 11:31 PM
 Search   Quote 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

RE: Humble Bundle Generals Mulitplayer
Checked if the game is actually patched, genius?
18-05-2015 05:36 PM
 Search   Quote 
jacensteven Away
Not so Senior Member

(18-05-2015 05:36 PM)Plokite_Wolf Wrote:  Checked if the game is actually patched, genius?

Nope it ain't... Obviously I would do that first! Origin installs updates but then nothing. So I disabled Origin in Game and installed the fixed TUC launchers but then get the error connecting to servers through C&C Online. If I try using game ranger, I get the can't connect issue which you get when players have different game versions.

I'm gonna try again today, maybe i'm doing something wrong but help would be appreciated. Big Grin

18-05-2015 08:42 PM
 Search   Quote 
atl_myhouse Offline
Banned

Don't know what to tell you Jacensteven. Why is it so hard to get a moderator or EA rep to give some advice around here? You can't expect the fix to ALWAYS come from other people. . .can you?
19-05-2015 12:38 AM
 Search   Quote 
minimeijertje Offline

(18-05-2015 08:42 PM)jacensteven Wrote:  
(18-05-2015 05:36 PM)Plokite_Wolf Wrote:  Checked if the game is actually patched, genius?

Nope it ain't... Obviously I would do that first! Origin installs updates but then nothing. So I disabled Origin in Game and installed the fixed TUC launchers but then get the error connecting to servers through C&C Online. If I try using game ranger, I get the can't connect issue which you get when players have different game versions.

I'm gonna try again today, maybe i'm doing something wrong but help would be appreciated. Big Grin

am sorry to dissappoint you.. but as all of the gamespy server did shut down, so did the servers for generals (zero hour). there are a few modders that made theire own online system for a lot of those gamespy games. check cnc online on googleWink first link i thoughtWink
25-05-2015 11:44 AM
 Search   Quote 
jacensteven Away
Not so Senior Member

(25-05-2015 11:44 AM)minimeijertje Wrote:  am sorry to dissappoint you.. but as all of the gamespy server did shut down, so did the servers for generals (zero hour). there are a few modders that made theire own online system for a lot of those gamespy games. check cnc online on googleWink first link i thoughtWink

Yep I knew this... it was a sad day that. But I was trying to use CNC Online so I could play it normally in game.
Anyway I just wanted to ask a question: How do you check the version in Generals? Unlike RA2 it isn't displayed on the bottom of the screen. Am I missing something? Maybe it is already patched... though that would make it a different problem in not being able to use GameRanger then...

25-05-2015 12:09 PM
 Search   Quote 
jacensteven Away
Not so Senior Member

OK so I figured it out... The game is patched.
When I checked the gentools instructions it told me to uninstall CNCOnline and only use gentool, which I did. I can get into the Generals Lobby but there's no players and I have no clue what to do next.
So I used GameRanger. Generals works fine with that but Zero Hour won't even load properly. Obviously I must have made a mistake in following the instructions. I guess if I try again with a restart or something things will be fine...

25-05-2015 01:38 PM
 Search   Quote