Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
Community Suggestions Document & Polls
Scourge_Splitter Offline

RE: Community Suggestions Document & Polls
(12-05-2015 10:11 PM)whoismikejones3 Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 04:54 PM)trueadm Wrote:  There has been much discussion lately in the PTE Skype channel. Many of the players there have added their feedback and ideas to a Google doc. .................................................................. there's no guarantee that a suggestion will definitely be implemented.

No, sorry.

This is such a very small aspect of the game (PVP). Many other players have given their THESIS on improvements to the game:

http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer...#pid206197

You already said his 13,506 character/2,304 word post was 'impressive'. I don't think voting on just this small aspect of the game is the direction that people are concerned.

Considdering this to be my thesis.... Am I now expected to somehow convert that thesis into something suitable for that .doc thing?

Feels like doing it all over again.
13-05-2015 05:53 PM
 Search   Quote 
trueadm Offline

(13-05-2015 05:16 PM)kryst100 Wrote:  Will you guys still defend EA, in which case I will go further and dig for every post made by players here and by devs, or will stop calling people who criticise you and don't follow propaganda without thinking trolls? Or do you now, out of arguments to defend EA/Phenomic/Easy/Envison need to start with insults and yelling?

Take the effort and enthusiasm in stating how this is doomed and how the developers don't care, take all of it, and please put it into suggesting ideas and voting in the polls. I can't stress this enough – the designers and developers of this game are looking at the polls and the document and using it to help them make informed decisions on what to add in upcoming patches.

You may say "oh that's what they said last time". Well let the past be the past. Put some effort into voting on features that you'd like to see, then wait a few months for the next patch to come around. If that doesn't happen and you feel the same as you do now, you can happily come back to this thread and say "trueadm you were wrong and I was right".

Ex-CiC of The Ultimate Group of alliances
13-05-2015 08:16 PM
 Search   Quote 
DazzardHuso Offline

(13-05-2015 02:32 PM)trueadm Wrote:  A new poll is out, please can people vote if they have the time:

http://goo.gl/forms/1gByt3QE5D

Thank you Smile

Really, this needs to be a temporarily stickied thread of it's own, Not everyone that needs to see this will =/
14-05-2015 12:16 AM
 Search   Quote 
whoismikejones3 Offline

(14-05-2015 12:16 AM)DazzardHuso Wrote:  Really, this needs to be a temporarily stickied thread of it's own, Not everyone that needs to see this will =/

215 people came to the forum thus far today. I am going to make a wager on how many people understand the .doc thread (it is English and not easy to translate to other languages with the drop downs) and take the time to fill out the poll. I will guess that the future of the game is going to rest on the shoulders of roughly 20 players. 20 that will take the time to read (translate) and vote on those items.

Is there a way to see how many have voted on the previous poll or even this one?
With such a small pool of people to vote, someone could make several accounts and overturn the popular consensus just to be an annoyance.
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 12:36 AM by whoismikejones3.)
14-05-2015 12:33 AM
 Search   Quote 
doulikeduckmeat Offline

(13-05-2015 08:14 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  
(13-05-2015 05:45 AM)Sentry43 Wrote:  It's called the forums.

(12-05-2015 07:51 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  I'm sorry, but I honestly think you're clutching at straws if you think the difference between this group suddenly taking notice of players, is a google doc.

Our designers love the google doc.. A lot more than they like your posts. Smile

Then why even have a suggestion forum Wink

It is clear though that you developers do not like player posts, you ignore them all together or start bashing players. This is exactly why you will never get another dime out of me. Instead of being an arrogant jerk for once take player comments seriously and you wont even need a google doc or a suggestion forum.

A simple mind is amused by simple things
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 02:22 AM by doulikeduckmeat.)
14-05-2015 02:21 AM
 Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

(13-05-2015 08:16 PM)trueadm Wrote:  Take the effort and enthusiasm in stating how this is doomed and how the developers don't care, take all of it, and please put it into suggesting ideas and voting in the polls. I can't stress this enough – the designers and developers of this game are looking at the polls and the document and using it to help them make informed decisions on what to add in upcoming patches.

Suggesting ideas? How many times are we meant to do that? How long are we meant to continue to feed the ego of the people working on this game?
How long? I ask because some of us have been doing that for over 3 years now. Some of us have been suggesting ideas and calling for change for more than 3 years.
When is enough, enough?

And now, suddenly everything we have suggested in the past is worthless. Now, unless it is in a google doc, it wont be noticed or recognised? To be seen by the game employees, everything now has to be in a google doc?!

And polls? You cannot be serious?! Why are they suddenly now looking at polls for God's sake?
Forum polls are easily manipulated an notoriously inaccurate. But now the future of the game is dependent on forum polls?

So just to recap, after more than 3 years, we're told the secret to success is a google doc and forum polls.
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 07:01 AM by Sentry43.)
14-05-2015 06:59 AM
 Search   Quote 
Lamanodelrey Offline

Gm

Suggestions Document is really useful for us , at last
In my opinion, it is interesting and excites

This document contains collaborated suggestions and ideas from the community of Tiberium Alliance players ,
and also the Hispanic community

Players are voting, and honestly is the first time that our ideas will really significant changes to the game , i hope

Regars

Lamanodelrey
14-05-2015 10:26 AM
 Search   Quote 
kryst100 Offline

(13-05-2015 08:16 PM)trueadm Wrote:  
(13-05-2015 05:16 PM)kryst100 Wrote:  Will you guys still defend EA, in which case I will go further and dig for every post made by players here and by devs, or will stop calling people who criticise you and don't follow propaganda without thinking trolls? Or do you now, out of arguments to defend EA/Phenomic/Easy/Envison need to start with insults and yelling?

Take the effort and enthusiasm in stating how this is doomed and how the developers don't care, take all of it, and please put it into suggesting ideas and voting in the polls. I can't stress this enough – the designers and developers of this game are looking at the polls and the document and using it to help them make informed decisions on what to add in upcoming patches.

You may say "oh that's what they said last time". Well let the past be the past. Put some effort into voting on features that you'd like to see, then wait a few months for the next patch to come around. If that doesn't happen and you feel the same as you do now, you can happily come back to this thread and say "trueadm you were wrong and I was right".

Whatever, I'm done anyway.

For the alliance suggestion I agree with almost everything.

With PVP:

1. Rewarding players for using repairtime will lead to inverse farming (trying to loose as much repair time as possible, preferably from 3rd, 4th offensive etc)

2. I'm not sure. Could help weaker alliences, but also make multis more valueable.

3. Absolutely.

4. Not sure how it would be balanced again, to avoid exploits.

5. Don't care but it's boring either way. Need so see this in action for an opinion.

6. Should be more like 50% less.

7. IP solution was mentioned many times. It won't work on it's own, to stop exploits you need an entire system. Tired of reposting this.

8. It's the reason for account destruction and farming, so sure, block it.

9. Sure but look at what I wrote above about exploiting this.

10. It will benefit big players, so no.

11. No. Though it's all hard to balance anyway.

12. Sure, but exploits.

BTW Sentry is right - there are like 200 pages here of suggestions. It could be nice to take those into account too, wouldn't it? (And other stuff he wrote, I agree with him, it's been waaay too long now)
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 10:29 AM by kryst100.)
14-05-2015 10:26 AM
 Search   Quote 
trueadm Offline

(14-05-2015 10:26 AM)kryst100 Wrote:  Whatever, I'm done anyway.

For the alliance suggestion I agree with almost everything.

With PVP:

1. Rewarding players for using repairtime will lead to inverse farming (trying to loose as much repair time as possible, preferably from 3rd, 4th offensive etc)

2. I'm not sure. Could help weaker alliences, but also make multis more valueable.

3. Absolutely.

4. Not sure how it would be balanced again, to avoid exploits.

5. Don't care but it's boring either way. Need so see this in action for an opinion.

6. Should be more like 50% less.

7. IP solution was mentioned many times. It won't work on it's own, to stop exploits you need an entire system. Tired of reposting this.

8. It's the reason for account destruction and farming, so sure, block it.

9. Sure but look at what I wrote above about exploiting this.

10. It will benefit big players, so no.

11. No. Though it's all hard to balance anyway.

12. Sure, but exploits.

BTW Sentry is right - there are like 200 pages here of suggestions. It could be nice to take those into account too, wouldn't it?

Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately, the numbers don't match up to the poll, as it's shuffled so I'm not too sure what they all refer to. Sad

In regards to the forums:

There has been a large movement from a classical forum approach to a more summarised discussion/voting panel. Good examples are: http://uservoice.com and http://reddit.com. Microsoft, Zynga, Ubisoft, Activision, Xbox and many other companies now use these services as one of their primary method of getting input into new features for their games, opposed to using their old classical based forums. vBulletin and many other forum software packages now include these new features and have moved away from the classical approach.

The problem with a classical forum is that it's easy to miss something and it's easy for discussions to get side-tracked. It's very likely that a good topic might be buried in a classical forum, because historically you had to "bump" topics to get them noticed. Also the search on classical forums has always been poor and slow: it simply looked for "keywords" and has almost no intelligence whatsoever in terms of ordering your search results. I'm not going to go into the redirection problems with this forum – it makes it half impossible for someone people to even login to the forum to post feedback (unless they want to spend 10 minutes trying to get the redirect to work).

That's why many people dislike classical forum software; it's out-dated and ineffective (not to mention this forum can't deal with spam bots) compared to the more modern pieces of forum software out there.

I do believe that there are internal discussions on replacing this forum software with something more modern and up-to-date. It will hugely benefit the discussions on this forum when that change happens; until then, I and many others see a good amount of value in Google docs and the polls. That's not to say that no one is viewing the forums and taking the input in, as that's not true at all. It's just that no-one with any sanity is going to spend weeks going through 300 pages of threads in an attempt to grab all the good ideas from the bad ones.

Ex-CiC of The Ultimate Group of alliances
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 11:04 AM by trueadm.)
14-05-2015 10:45 AM
 Search   Quote 
kryst100 Offline

(14-05-2015 10:45 AM)trueadm Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback! Unfortunately, the numbers don't match up to the poll, as it's shuffled so I'm not too sure what they all refer to. Sad

Here you go (I've just send it):
http://i.imgur.com/ieUj35T.jpg

About the forums - redirect needs fixing for sure. Also website doesn't retain session well, sometimes all I need to do is to refresh main page to get logged out 1 minute after logging in.
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 11:02 AM by kryst100.)
14-05-2015 11:02 AM
 Search   Quote