Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
Community Suggestions Document & Polls
kryst100 Offline

RE: Community Suggestions Document & Polls
(13-05-2015 10:09 AM)TeejLUFC3 Wrote:  Sentry,

What's the point in trolling and playing devils advocate.

These guys are back in control of the game and are wanting to be more flexible, transparent and approachable. They are involved in Skype discussions and wanting to develop the game for the better.

With regards to it only being PVP, one aspect can only be tackled at one time. That's the problem there has been in the past, you read the forums and everyone has an opinion. You can't make every change.

This is a more direct and frankly more considered approach that gives the developers a chance to fix certain aspects and develop others

Rome wasn't built in a day so give them a chance.

Teej

That google doc IS a good idea. I would fully support it. But no, Sentry is not trolling. It's EA that's trolling here. I've read someold topics recently on the forum (back from 2012).

And you know what? Almost the same accusations back then. No communication with players, glitches, unbalanced POI system, promoting super-alliances etc.

And what do we get from Phenomic/Envision now? Still no communication. No word on their plans, on what they want to do, how they want to do it. And... what are they doing now? what EXACTLY are they working on?

Because we've heard many times "devs are working hard on the game". And what were the results? None to barely noticeable.

Now that you guys accuse us of trolling, it's only one step before you blame EA fails on us. Heck, someone already did this, stating, that there would be more progress, if devs didn't have to read our complains. No, let's better focus on positives, praise EA, pay happily insane money, and let them do nothing and have no incentive to fix the game - because everyone is happy and the game is OK, right? Well, if everyone is just giving positive suggestions and keeps supporting every decision made, this is what it looks like.

About "building Rome" - yeah, game development takes time. But really, how hard is it to show some respect for people, and share your plans? ASK first before you introduce something? Like Salamander's upgrade?
(This post was last modified: 13-05-2015 10:53 AM by kryst100.)
13-05-2015 10:51 AM
 Search   Quote 
leo7044 Offline

(13-05-2015 10:51 AM)kryst100 Wrote:  And what do we get from Phenomic/Envision now? Still no communication. No word on their plans, on what they want to do, how they want to do it. And... what are they doing now? what EXACTLY are they working on?

That's wrong. When you read the forum with much attention you get a lot of information of what they are working. I only give you 2 example: balancing of GDI/NOD and PvP.

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LEOBRB7044
[Image: vit5Qpt.png]
13-05-2015 11:32 AM
 Visit this user's website   Search   Quote 
13billie26babe Offline

Can I make suggestion ... you can see sister alliance players online ... so passing poi don't get complicated etc etc .. not see the ol and deff levels .. just a mark to say online ... xxx
13-05-2015 11:41 AM
 Search   Quote 
kryst100 Offline

(13-05-2015 11:32 AM)leo7044 Wrote:  
(13-05-2015 10:51 AM)kryst100 Wrote:  And what do we get from Phenomic/Envision now? Still no communication. No word on their plans, on what they want to do, how they want to do it. And... what are they doing now? what EXACTLY are they working on?

That's wrong. When you read the forum with much attention you get a lot of information of what they are working. I only give you 2 example: balancing of GDI/NOD and PvP.

Can I instead of reading the forum carefully and seeing another promise without specification, have a Dev thread/dev blog like most games have, where they would post it officially and with details?
13-05-2015 11:51 AM
 Search   Quote 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

Much has been said about lack of communication from the devs about their plans and what they are working on. If they do communicate their plans wouldn't half us create a hullabaloo over it express our indignation on the sheer stupidity of their ideas and our exasperation on how could they even think of this/that and the other half might say they like it but they want this or that tweaked OR make fresh demands and what not. I have not seen any games making declarations on what they are working on. When they do make declaration it usually means the thing is more or less ready to launch.

Is it so hard to reason why they don't communicate ideas or changes beforehand. A PTE server has been started with admittedly little to test right now.But hopefully soon changes in PvP will be tested in there. Assuming they are working on it a group of players have prepared a doc to brainstorm for ideas and hand them over to Dev team.

Whether or not it will have any bearing on the actual changes no one can tell. But we can always hope OR we can be a cynical of the whole farce and do nothing. I like the former attitude its better for the heart.
13-05-2015 12:59 PM
 Search   Quote 
jacensteven Away
Not so Senior Member

Well I guess I'll stick around being positive as long as possible, but I've been here some time like all of you here and even though next to nothing has changed some things have. Unlike the situation a year ago where the only communication was TheBlackOne shooting us all down, we've now got more active devs.
Like Ulugulan said I've never seen devs of any game announce things before they introduce them. It makes no sense. Half your players will hate it, the other half will want modifications... So the huge fuss with the devs at Envision being secretive really makes no sense to me at all. True when they've never said anything and introduced things that horribly broke stuff you would expect some warning atleast, but it's not like the skype group doesn't exist and to be honest I'm seeing more devs on here instead of just lone rhiordd.
Also what harm is working on this really? If it helps the devs good for us... If it doesn't well atleast now we've got some more dirt on them to insult them with whenever they break things... I see no harm in sharing this around and getting as much opinions and ideas as possible.
And also also you have us guys over at the PTE just sitting around eagerly waiting to get reset to try out new stuff! True nothing other than the silly multi language server was tested there but who knows? We will probably never get to the fortress, but we will reset a million trying! Big Grin

YUP... I'VE QUIT. THIS TIME FOR GOOD...
BUT DON'T WORRY... I'LL BE BACK!
13-05-2015 02:17 PM
 Search   Quote 
trueadm Offline

A new poll is out, please can people vote if they have the time:

http://goo.gl/forms/1gByt3QE5D

Thank you Smile

Ex-CiC of The Ultimate Group of alliances
13-05-2015 02:32 PM
 Search   Quote 
kryst100 Offline

I wrote a response but I don't think it matters. If you guys think other games work like this, I don't care. Sick of proving everything.
(This post was last modified: 13-05-2015 03:59 PM by kryst100.)
13-05-2015 02:45 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

(13-05-2015 08:14 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  Our designers love the google doc.. A lot more than they like your posts. Smile

I'm sure they do love the google doc, it makes it so easy for them now. Just wait for the players to consolidate and catalogue everything for them, into one nice neat package. The players are doing it for them. Again.

(13-05-2015 10:09 AM)TeejLUFC3 Wrote:  Sentry,
What's the point in trolling and playing devils advocate.

Trolling? I have been sharing ideas, calling for change, and waiting patiently for over 3 years. And you call that trolling?
Everything this team is currently saying, they have said before. Years before.
13-05-2015 04:35 PM
 Search   Quote 
kryst100 Offline

(13-05-2015 12:59 PM)Ulugulan Wrote:  I have not seen any games making declarations on what they are working on. When they do make declaration it usually means the thing is more or less ready to launch.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/forum...ev-Diaries
http://ftr.wot-news.com/ - it's a private blog, that gathers all the news from developers on the Russian forums. Devs there announce stuff one year ahead.
http://www.icyvpn.com/91046/
http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/24/pax-s...this-year/ - and it's a game by EA/Bioware
http://bsgonline.wikia.com/wiki/Development_Blogs_10-19

Now you have. This is the industry standard. Tiberium? Tiberium is a North Korea, where people in charge want you to believe it's all good, and you're a public enemy for criticising anything. Well, at least EA doesn't have labour camps.

Will you guys still defend EA, in which case I will go further and dig for every post made by players here and by devs, or will stop calling people who criticise you and don't follow propaganda without thinking trolls? Or do you now, out of arguments to defend EA/Phenomic/Easy/Envison need to start with insults and yelling?
13-05-2015 05:16 PM
 Search   Quote