Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 1.8 Average
Community Suggestions Document & Polls
trueadm Offline

Community Suggestions Document & Polls
There has been much discussion lately in the PTE Skype channel. Many of the players there have added their feedback and ideas to a Google doc. This doc is publicly available here:

Suggestions Document

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JabM...sp=sharing

This document contains collaborated suggestions and ideas from the community of Tiberium Alliance players. Feel free to add your thoughts and ideas to the list – although please do not remove/edit other people's ideas/suggestions. If you do not agree with them, you'll have a chance to vote in the polls.

I'll list the polls below as they become active, so make sure to check back at this thread to see if any more polls are available.

PvP Suggestions Poll

http://goo.gl/forms/qGt3H8va8H

Alliance Suggestions Poll

http://goo.gl/forms/1gByt3QE5D

GDI/Nod Suggestions Poll

http://goo.gl/forms/LaTDS6S07l

(You'll need to have a Google account to sign into the form to submit your votes)

The team behind the game have had their designers look into the suggestions and they're interested in getting feedback from the community but there's no guarantee that a suggestion will definitely be implemented.

Ex-CiC of The Ultimate Group of alliances
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2015 02:06 PM by trueadm.)
12-05-2015 04:54 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

RE: Community Suggestions Document & Polls
Really?

Look, I admire anyone advocating change. And like a lot of players, I am here because I am a long term, avid C&C fan.

But let's be realistic.

These forums are littered with player's requests, desires, problems and complaints. There would certainly be hundreds, although more like thousands, of posts by players asking for the game to be fixed/changed/improved and added to.

And ideas? Players have made their ideas known all the time. ALL THE TIME. Players have never stopped suggesting new ideas for adding to or fixing the game. Even with the greater percentage of their posts falling on deaf ears, the players kept posting their thoughts and ideas.

Why should players post their ideas to a google doc? How is that going to change anything? All the player ideas are right here for all to see. Players have already posted their ideas, here in the forums.

Are the devs suddenly going to take notice because player ideas have magically appeared in a google doc? Instead of reading the forums, you are going to ask the dev team to read some google docs?

As I said, I think we need to be a little realistic here. If they aren't going to take notice of what is posted in their own forums, they aren't going to take notice of anything in a google doc.
12-05-2015 07:51 PM
 Search   Quote 
leo7044 Offline

(12-05-2015 07:51 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  Why should players post their ideas to a google doc?
Because I made the document.

(12-05-2015 07:51 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  How is that going to change anything? All the player ideas are right here for all to see. Players have already posted their ideas, here in the forums.
That's correct. But in the spreadsheet all ideas are collected. I don't know wheather you take a look over the document, but for the Case that "yes", you could see that a person of the game commented some things.

(12-05-2015 07:51 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  Are the devs suddenly going to take notice because player ideas have magically appeared in a google doc? Instead of reading the forums, you are going to ask the dev team to read some google docs?
Of cause they will read the forum too. I already said it but here the ideas are really dispersed. Because of that I think, the google-doc is a good thing.

PS: The person of the game does also have access to the poll. Wink

I am a Community Moderator, not an Official EA Representative.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/LEOBRB7044
[Image: vit5Qpt.png]
12-05-2015 08:32 PM
 Visit this user's website   Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

(12-05-2015 08:32 PM)leo7044 Wrote:  
(12-05-2015 07:51 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  Why should players post their ideas to a google doc?
Because I made the document.

Because you made a document? They made a whole forum for just that purpose. A whole forum! But now you think a goggle doc is what's going to make the difference? You clearly have a huge amount of optimism. Something I am not sure is deserved by this group.

(12-05-2015 07:51 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  How is that going to change anything? All the player ideas are right here for all to see. Players have already posted their ideas, here in the forums.
That's correct. But in the spreadsheet all ideas are collected. I don't know wheather you take a look over the document, but for the Case that "yes", you could see that a person of the game commented some things.

The ideas are collected here too. In whole threads. Easy to read and keep up with too, simply read from one page to the next. How is a google doc any different or better? Honestly, I think you're grasping air if you think a google doc is the difference between this group taking notice or not.

(12-05-2015 07:51 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  Are the devs suddenly going to take notice because player ideas have magically appeared in a google doc? Instead of reading the forums, you are going to ask the dev team to read some google docs?
Of cause they will read the forum too. I already said it but here the ideas are really dispersed. Because of that I think, the google-doc is a good thing.

PS: The person of the game does also have access to the poll. Wink

Some ideas here are dispersed. Most are contained in titled threads. And let's not forget, some of the idea threads in these forums were actually started by the dev team here. And just as quickly ignored by the same. Entire threads.

I'm sorry, but I honestly think you're clutching at straws if you think the difference between this group suddenly taking notice of players, is a google doc.

But hey, if you like making spreadsheets, knock yourself out.
12-05-2015 09:48 PM
 Search   Quote 
whoismikejones3 Offline

(12-05-2015 04:54 PM)trueadm Wrote:  There has been much discussion lately in the PTE Skype channel. Many of the players there have added their feedback and ideas to a Google doc. .................................................................. there's no guarantee that a suggestion will definitely be implemented.

No, sorry.

This is such a very small aspect of the game (PVP). Many other players have given their THESIS on improvements to the game:

http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer...#pid206197

You already said his 13,506 character/2,304 word post was 'impressive'. I don't think voting on just this small aspect of the game is the direction that people are concerned.

Some broader strokes with the brush instead of such fine tuned questions. But for god's sakes, can any of the suggestions be thrown into the PTE (It can be UGLY cause it is the PTE) and let it be tested? Far as I can tell the PTE and 3 nearly empty servers are all that happened in the 4 weeks since Envision took over. How much work really went into that?

Wash, Rinse, Repeat, Wash, Rinse, Repeat. No wonder everyone is bored with the game; I'm already tired of the same stinking things hour after hour, day after day. I couldn't fathom this for months or years.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 10:14 PM by whoismikejones3.)
12-05-2015 10:11 PM
 Search   Quote 
leo7044 Offline

Are you able to do something else than make everything bad?

Make it better! Here are players who want to help the devs and co.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015 10:16 PM by leo7044.)
12-05-2015 10:15 PM
trueadm Offline

(12-05-2015 10:11 PM)whoismikejones3 Wrote:  No, sorry.

This is such a very small aspect of the game (PVP). Many other players have given their THESIS on improvements to the game:

The document contains many aspects of the game. Not only PvP. The first poll I've uploaded is about PvP as I haven't had enough time to convert the points in the document to Google forms – I will eventually get around to it. Each poll will be based on a different section of the document – as requested by the people who helped construct the document.

I'm not going to get into the argument of forum vs Google doc. I can only say that, personally, I feel that a collaborative document is far better for highlighting suggestions. Skype and forums have a major part to play in the discussion of a suggestion's implementation, but then you also get the baggage with an open forum.

I'd much rather you guys spent your time and effort trying to add things to the document. Much time and effort has been put into helping construct the Google doc, by players who love this game and want to see it do well. Furthermore, the development team and the designers are actively looking at the Google doc and making comments on it; so please, let's stop with the unconstructive posts and start with the constructive ones.

Ex-CiC of The Ultimate Group of alliances
(This post was last modified: 13-05-2015 09:44 AM by trueadm.)
12-05-2015 10:40 PM
 Search   Quote 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(13-05-2015 05:45 AM)Sentry43 Wrote:  It's called the forums.

Correct. We opened this forum for the community and everybody with a common interest. The community is not us devs talking to you only, the community is players sharing their knowledge and experiences, helping each others out, finding new approaches, discuss changes, find companions suggest ideas, report bugs and share the common interest about the game.

We appreciate every single bit of you guys talking about the game here, but we are a small team and we certainly are not capable of reading every post made in this forum. I think that should also not be our focus, our focus is what all of you have been asking for over the past years... more content.

I am the Producer for C&C: TA and you can trust me that my priority number 1 is, to make this the best game we can, revive regular content updates, realize community feedback and to create a steady conversation with the players who want to be in touch with us. And from a development perspective I can tell you that having structured feedback sorted and categorized in a doc I can easily share with the designers and developers here in the studio, is just awesome. That helps us a lot to focus and save our time on the things the players really want. Of course, we have the same in the forums but as I said, the forums are not just for us, they are for everybody who likes the game. Don't get me wrong, we do read the forums and there is certainly a lot of good inputs here and many of the things in the forums went into our log of ideas and suggestions where we regularly go through for new additions. In the end, the more valuable feedback you can get, the better for everybody.

So keep on doing it, keep on discussing and sharing your thoughts with the community, put it here for discussion and if people like it, drop it to the Doc. That this thing came out of a player hand and already has 10 pages of brilliant stuff in just a week is yet another proof of an incredible community, and I am very thankful for that.
You need to understand that since we moved to Envision, there is a team of new people on the product, people that originally created this game, but had a 2 year break of everything that happened in the game. I think our machines are running on full steam already and we are working on amazing features and changes to the game, but as we all had a good amount of time off it, things like the Google Doc are helping even more.

(12-05-2015 07:51 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  I'm sorry, but I honestly think you're clutching at straws if you think the difference between this group suddenly taking notice of players, is a google doc.

Our designers love the google doc.. A lot more than they like your posts. Smile

(This post was last modified: 13-05-2015 08:16 AM by rhiordd.)
13-05-2015 08:14 AM
 Search   Quote 
leo7044 Offline

(13-05-2015 08:14 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  Our designers love the google doc.. A lot more than they like your posts. Smile

made my day^^

13-05-2015 09:34 AM
TeejLUFC3 Offline

Sentry,

What's the point in trolling and playing devils advocate.

These guys are back in control of the game and are wanting to be more flexible, transparent and approachable. They are involved in Skype discussions and wanting to develop the game for the better.

With regards to it only being PVP, one aspect can only be tackled at one time. That's the problem there has been in the past, you read the forums and everyone has an opinion. You can't make every change.

This is a more direct and frankly more considered approach that gives the developers a chance to fix certain aspects and develop others

Rome wasn't built in a day so give them a chance.

Teej
13-05-2015 10:09 AM
 Search   Quote