Thread Rating:
  • 9 Votes - 4 Average
Report inappropriate base & alliance names here
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

Report inappropriate base & alliance names here
There are many types of TOS violations that can occur with an inappropriately named base or alliance. Please provide as much detail here as possible for enforcement action, World in question, player and base name or alliance name.

Thanks.

21-04-2015 04:18 AM
 Search   Quote 
ContinuousLaugh Offline

RE: Report inappropriate base & alliance names here
I am confused by this thread being here.
Have you(EA, whomever) gotten so many complaints that a thread needs to be made for others to point out some players bad taste in base names?

And who decides what exactly is a violation of game rules when it comes to base names?
Granted, that blatant racism, sexism, swearing, etc. Are violations. But who?

Names of certain persons from history, words that aren't considered vulgar in certain/most cultures, players displaying frustration with someone or some companyDodgy, or players taunting each other. Not to mention the numerous players using certain letters/symbol combinations to say something on the sly.
Are those violations?
And are you really gonna ban players, from the limited number of players TA still has, for a base name?
23-04-2015 11:36 AM
 Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

(21-04-2015 04:18 AM)methuselah Wrote:  There are many types of TOS violations that can occur with an inappropriately named base or alliance. Please provide as much detail here as possible for enforcement action, World in question, player and base name or alliance name.

Thanks.

Um, "naming and shaming" players in the forums isn't allowed. Let me fix that for you.

What you really meant to say is, please send a pm to a EA staff member on these forums, providing as much detail as possible so the appropriate steps can be taken to rectify the matter. eg, Server (world) in question, player and base name.

Or better still, fix the in-game reporting system.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2015 01:54 PM by Sentry43.)
23-04-2015 01:42 PM
 Search   Quote 
kryst100 Offline

(23-04-2015 01:42 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  
(21-04-2015 04:18 AM)methuselah Wrote:  There are many types of TOS violations that can occur with an inappropriately named base or alliance. Please provide as much detail here as possible for enforcement action, World in question, player and base name or alliance name.

Thanks.

Um, "naming and shaming" players in the forums isn't allowed. Let me fix that for you.

What you really meant to say is, please send a pm to a EA staff member on these forums, providing as much detail as possible so the appropriate steps can be taken to rectify the matter. eg, Server (world) in question, player and base name.

Well, the in-game report does send an email confirming report was send to EA, from what I remember, so I guess it's about full mail box at EA? Too many reports?

(I mean, the system is probably working, but I doubt there is anyone checking it)
23-04-2015 02:02 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

(23-04-2015 01:42 PM)Sentry43 Wrote:  Um, "naming and shaming" players in the forums isn't allowed. Let me fix that for you.

Don't need your help, thanks anyway. What I meant was exactly what I said.

(23-04-2015 11:36 AM)ContinuousLaugh Wrote:  I am confused by this thread being here.
Have you(EA, whomever) gotten so many complaints that a thread needs to be made for others to point out some players bad taste in base names?

And who decides what exactly is a violation of game rules when it comes to base names?
Granted, that blatant racism, sexism, swearing, etc. Are violations. But who?

Names of certain persons from history, words that aren't considered vulgar in certain/most cultures, players displaying frustration with someone or some companyDodgy, or players taunting each other. Not to mention the numerous players using certain letters/symbol combinations to say something on the sly.
Are those violations?
And are you really gonna ban players, from the limited number of players TA still has, for a base name?

This isn't a ban thread it is a customer service intervention if you will in terms of offensive base/alliance names. If someone is continually a problem we'll address that as it comes up meanwhile if you report someone here and your report is verified the alliance or base in question will be renamed.

As for naming and shaming it is possible the reports will not be visible for long and that you will either get further queries via pm or you'll see the offending base or alliance renamed.

23-04-2015 05:15 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

(23-04-2015 05:15 PM)methuselah Wrote:  As for naming and shaming it is possible the reports will not be visible for long and that you will either get further queries via pm or you'll see the offending base or alliance renamed.

So now naming and shaming is allowed in the forums?
23-04-2015 05:20 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

No although I wish it was. It isn't up to me, this is just a way to report I would imagine we'll pull the reports as fast as they come up to avoid naming and shaming.....but if it were up to me I'd name and shame 'em all.

23-04-2015 05:42 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

Yes, you have mentioned previously that you see nothing wrong with naming and shaming players, and that you especially love the shaming part.

And listing the details you have asked for in this thread will do just that, it will name and shame players.

But then, you already know that and you don't give a damn.
23-04-2015 06:42 PM
 Search   Quote 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

I'm going to follow EA policy, I don't own this game I just don't like cheaters nor asshats (people that name bases or alliances in racially insensitive ways, etc. fall into the latter category in case you were wondering) so as I've stated personally I'm not opposed to naming nor shaming. As I have also stated if I'm told that this violates that we'll invisible each report as it is submitted and deal with it privately but I wanted the fact that this was being administered to be front and center hence the topic Smile

You did say one thing I agreed with about the in game reporting. I wish that functionality was better than it is and it is being looked into but I have no idea where that will lead. Having said that, even if you feel like it is insufficient, at least we're trying.

23-04-2015 07:56 PM
 Search   Quote 
Sentry43 Offline
One day at a time

(23-04-2015 07:56 PM)methuselah Wrote:  As I have also stated if I'm told that this violates that we'll invisible each report as it is submitted and deal with it privately but I wanted the fact that this was being administered to be front and center hence the topic.

It's a bit late making each post invisible, after other players have already seen them.
It's also hard to believe you are being genuine when all you had to do was start this thread with a post asking players to send you a pm with all the necessary details.
There is absolutely no need to name and shame anyone on these forums. The details you ask for should be sent via a pm, not posted in open forums.
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2015 11:13 PM by Sentry43.)
23-04-2015 09:15 PM
 Search   Quote