Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
C&C: TIBERIUM ALLIANCES PATCH NOTES 15.1
GENERALZOOL Offline

RE: C&C: TIBERIUM ALLIANCES PATCH NOTES 15.1
(17-04-2015 11:09 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

• The global Help forum in-game has been removed and now redirects to the official community forums.

• The warning message upon login to the game while in WebGL mode has been removed.

• The collect all packages function is now available at any time and not dependent on research of the MCV.

• The issue with the chat window sometimes disappearing completely if the user minimizes it has been fixed.

Patched?
When will the updates be implemented?
I am still having the chat box problem (OS: Windows 7, Browser: Chrome, Graphics: 1280x1024).
I operate on World 65.

(19-04-2015 05:24 PM)gamerdruit2 Wrote:  
Others Wrote:Communication between the stray player with a language other than the one the server was labeled as was already difficult. North America servers had a LOT of Portuguese players that didn't know English. This will make it 10X's worse when you are struggling to communicate with MORE PLAYERS for HOURS to explain stuff to them. Please clarify/advise!

This feels like a sincere attempt simply to reduce the # of servers EA releases. If EVERYONE is getting shoved into one until full, then situations in which communication will become a bigger issue.

It's all part of the plan to make everyone communicate in one language, English!

A European server could have:
Dutch
German
French
Spanish
Portugese
Italian
Romnanian
Danish
Swedish
Norwegian
Hungarian
Welsh
Gaelic

and a whole host of variations within each country and a lot more!

It's simpler if they use one language, American English!!! (tongue in cheek comment!)

Let's revive a common language, Latin!

A US/Canadian server still has many languages, US is multi-lingual (even if they won't accept it) speaking a form of English and Spanish with a multitude collection of variations on both native American and Spanish and let's not forget Vietnamese and various Chinese forms are also spoken.
Canada has both English and French to cover too!

No geographical region is going to have a single language - I've played on many worlds where English wasn't expected from the title/country but they all had alliances that communicated in English. I'm sure that some alliances communicated in German on Brazilian worlds etc.

No-one is going to change because of the language label - the problem isn't going to be solved either in the internet era where location isn't important.

If I find non-English players I will use Google Translate to their language. I will type the English version on the top while have their language(s) posted below.
This makes diplomacy much easier.

Only through peace, honour and morality will we shape the Earth
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2015 09:44 AM by GENERALZOOL.)
20-04-2015 09:39 AM
 Search 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

Soo, thanks for the questions guys. Let me chime in on them one by one.

(17-04-2015 06:35 PM)Mahoneyyy Wrote:  When can we expect some new game content?
As for these PTE servers, will you be testing new game content on them?
I have and had plenty of ideas of how to improve the pvp side of game but I never knew what kind of new content Devs were looking for and had a feeling my suggestions were ignored completely.

So, right now after Envision took the game back into their hands, we are looking at the game and some of its core pieces like the worlds and other ever occurring issues. Before we actually release new features, we want to get rid of many smaller issues that has always been around or were coming back ever and ever again. One big issue was the frequency of Worlds. We know that for many players and also for the new players coming in daily, new opening world´s are essential. We therefore, want to establish a setup where we can ensure a frequent and good opening of new worlds first.

Going forward, we want to make the mid and late game more entertaining and give you more Alliance features. We have a good idea of what we want to add to the game and things that could be cool, like Bosses on the way to the middle, random raid encounters, live events and more strategic alliance tools, but we are at the beginning and will take it on, one by one. As I said before, right now we really need to get the basis for our future work done, that also means a heavy amount of work in the background for our team.

For the PTE. We will test features that we planned or developed to that server for everybody to take a look at prior to deployment and work with the collected feedback to improve it. If all of you say its shite... we should reconsider to deploy it... Smile

(17-04-2015 09:58 PM)kbaum3 Wrote:  hello, i am interested to know what the new management's stance on some of the exploits are and any steps that will be taken to minimize some of the exploiting and cheating..

When talking about Exploits we will most likely talk about Account Eating. We do manually ban players that get reported to us and are verified as account eaters by our team, however, we want to tackle the cause of the issue. Getting rid of Account Eating will require changes to PVP, but I can tell that we are currently having a look at that to finally get rid of this. It connects to what I wrote before... getting rid of ever occurring things from the start.

(18-04-2015 06:28 PM)kbaum3 Wrote:  Could you fix the "Forums" link on the home page and in the game. Sometimes it does not redirect you to the forums..
Also, there should be more under the "We Do not Allow" section in the "Rules"
https://www.tiberiumalliances.com/rules
At the top of the rules page it states:
"Below you will find a complete list of gameplay rules specific to Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances."
Thus not having things like Multi-Accounting, account eating, or game automation listed here implies that they are allowed in the game.

Thanks, I will take a look at that, it was not on my radar.

(18-04-2015 09:21 PM)xaynal Wrote:  So is this game going to have a built in translator?[/u][/color] If I am in a ‘Europe’ server and I type German, will it come across as French for the French players? What about English?[/b]

No, the game will not have any built in translation. We noticed that many players play at different region worlds anyway and that it became quite a standard thing to do. Playing on EU servers as a German, or on Polish servers as someone from the US. The cause probably is that we haven't had new worlds opening frequently enough and you, the players, helped yourselves. Now, this is obviously not ideal because our goal is to give you the worlds whenever there is a demand, but it also showed to us that there might not be a brutal need in pure country restricted worlds. Alliances will find themselves so or so, and you can join an e.g. German speaking Alliance if you prefer to play with other German players, but we want to provide a platform for an international challenge.

We are not the only game doing that and nowadays I think it became quite the standard.

(18-04-2015 09:21 PM)xaynal Wrote:  This feels like a sincere attempt simply to reduce the # of servers EA releases. If EVERYONE is getting shoved into one until full, then situations in which communication will become a bigger issue.

Yet again, assumptions. As I wrote above: It´s not about saving costs or load its about improving the games experience. Connecting regions and implementing the ability to change the client language is basically just giving you the ability for things you do anyway already.

(20-04-2015 09:39 AM)GENERALZOOL Wrote:  When will the updates be implemented?

So, the update is with our QA right now, that means they are verifying our fixes are working properly before we can deploy them to the PTE. I think this will happen this week and we will start deploying to all worlds the week after. *fingers crossed*

About the general language questions. I stated above that this is a mechanic to improve your experience with the worlds. We want to ensure that worlds are populated, alive and competitive. We want to ensure that every 6 to 8 weeks at least, or even earlier if required, a new world's per region goes up. The main language at all worlds will be English, however, we want to add functionality to label yourself and your Alliance with your nation´s flag (if you want to do that). As this format will let people from all nations come together on one regional server, we are pretty sure that Country Alliances will pop up on every new world´s very soon.

20-04-2015 10:28 AM
 Search 
13billie26babe Offline

Very good .. But are you going to balance GDI and NOD ???
20-04-2015 10:45 AM
 Search 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(20-04-2015 10:45 AM)13billie26babe Wrote:  Very good .. But are you going to balance GDI and NOD ???

We do consider a general balancing, not only GDI/Nod. This requires much more time though and I don´t see this in the next months. Smile

22-04-2015 09:28 AM
 Search 
13billie26babe Offline

(22-04-2015 09:28 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 10:45 AM)13billie26babe Wrote:  Very good .. But are you going to balance GDI and NOD ???

We do consider a general balancing, not only GDI/Nod. This requires much more time though and I don´t see this in the next months. Smile

Why not ?? Its really needed .. There too too much dominance by NOD ....

Please don't leave this as it is as the NOD guys/Girls are having far far too much .. They can do bases in half or more hits to a GDI ... Their RT time is far cheaper ... And their upgrades to their of fences are too too dominant ... Ask around its true ... We GDI have had a raw deal in this .. It needs sorting asap !! Huh
22-04-2015 09:40 AM
 Search 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

Don´t get me wrong, we definitely want to tackle it, but we need to do it properly. Touching the games balance is like open Pandoras Box though, there is just a hell that could go wrong and we therefore, better take the time it requires to do it right. We start with a PVP re-work first though.

22-04-2015 10:34 AM
 Search 
Phazonsamus250 Offline
TechMage299

Ever thought about Adding Scrin?
22-04-2015 04:57 PM
 Search 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(22-04-2015 04:57 PM)Phazonsamus250 Wrote:  Ever thought about Adding Scrin?

Yes. Cool

23-04-2015 09:18 AM
 Search 
Scourge_Splitter Offline

What I'm interested in.. Are we ever going to see some new thing happen in existing worlds?
I've taken a long and heavy time to get my bases up, attacked.. bled.. and so on, but as far as goes actuall interesting in-game happenings... existing world don't keep being exiting
I usually just come and spend my CP and am on my way again.. I seriously would love some more stuff to actually do with my in-game equipment... and then I'm not talking about alliance features and fancy chat panels and whatnot...

But about what I've read here somewhere.
Encounters of special things.. maybe throw in some random appearing scrin remnants... Or "once-in-a-while" forgotten bases that you can destroy and capture a limited power boost for the base that attacked it... a new round of upgrades .... a new unit... or some new researching feature or ability to exchange Research Points for other more usefull utilities.

(23-04-2015 09:18 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  
(22-04-2015 04:57 PM)Phazonsamus250 Wrote:  Ever thought about Adding Scrin?

Yes. Cool

Ok let's try and get something more than just that.
What have you been thinking off?
And why was it not good enough? (assuming that be the case else we would've seen it by now)
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2015 08:30 PM by Scourge_Splitter.)
28-04-2015 08:24 PM
 Search 
rhiordd Offline
Producer

(28-04-2015 08:24 PM)Scourge_Splitter Wrote:  What I'm interested in.. Are we ever going to see some new thing happen in existing worlds?
I've taken a long and heavy time to get my bases up, attacked.. bled.. and so on, but as far as goes actuall interesting in-game happenings... existing world don't keep being exiting
I usually just come and spend my CP and am on my way again.. I seriously would love some more stuff to actually do with my in-game equipment... and then I'm not talking about alliance features and fancy chat panels and whatnot...

But about what I've read here somewhere.
Encounters of special things.. maybe throw in some random appearing scrin remnants... Or "once-in-a-while" forgotten bases that you can destroy and capture a limited power boost for the base that attacked it... a new round of upgrades .... a new unit... or some new researching feature or ability to exchange Research Points for other more usefull utilities.

We want to add a lot more Alliance support features, simple things like improved maps with Waypoint option for example. We also want to look at community scripts and how we can learn from them of what the player really wants and need for his day to day play.
Bringing more variety to the game is also a big thing, mini-bosses or raid encounters were things we talked about, but there is nothing solid yet. Before we start working on these we rather take on the balancing.

(28-04-2015 08:24 PM)Scourge_Splitter Wrote:  Ok let's try and get something more than just that.
What have you been thinking off?
And why was it not good enough? (assuming that be the case else we would've seen it by now)

Well, it could either become a playable faction or they could appear in sort of a new PvE faction.. naming mini-bosses and raid encounters. Rough thoughts.. Smile

29-04-2015 09:43 AM
 Search