Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
C&C: TIBERIUM ALLIANCES PATCH NOTES 15.1
kbaum3 Offline

RE: C&C: TIBERIUM ALLIANCES PATCH NOTES 15.1
hello, i am interested to know what the new management's stance on some of the exploits are and any steps that will be taken to minimize some of the exploiting and cheating..

As you should know, there are several things that are against the rules that previous management has done little to nothing to remedy. Some examples are "Multi-Accounting", game automation such as Auto Collect and Auto Repair (using scripts), and account farming.

The only thing previous management has done to remedy these exploits and cheats is to make some of the above less profitable (most notable account farming).

Will there be any steps taken to prevent this from happening or ban players who use such exploits and cheats, or perhaps adjust the rules so that they can be enforced.

Thanks and regards,
kb3
17-04-2015 09:58 PM
 Search 
xaynal Offline
Mr. 'Keep It Real, People'

(17-04-2015 09:58 PM)kbaum3 Wrote:  hello, i am interested to know what the new management's stance on some of the exploits are and any steps that will be taken to minimize some of the exploiting and cheating..

As you should know, there are several things that are against the rules that previous management has done little to nothing to remedy. Some examples are "Multi-Accounting", game automation such as Auto Collect and Auto Repair (using scripts), and account farming.

The only thing previous management has done to remedy these exploits and cheats is to make some of the above less profitable (most notable account farming).

Will there be any steps taken to prevent this from happening or ban players who use such exploits and cheats, or perhaps adjust the rules so that they can be enforced.

Thanks and regards,
kb3

Check out the below thread. Same issues but in a different thread. Ultimately any changes are quite far off in the future. If after 3 years you are not used to it, then you are not very good at adapting Wink .

http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer...#pid204871 <<<<<<

(17-04-2015 04:44 PM)wickedADAMMM Wrote:  None of those are main fixes since the community is demanding for some real changes to the game but it's a good start.
Yeah, the moderators haven’t directly answered any of the questions we have posed regarding this. I check every day but as of yet, nothing.

WHY DON’T THE DEVELOPERS HAVE AN ACCOUNT HERE SO THEY CAN TALK? It’s not like before where the moderators were talking to EA/Easy about issues we brought up. Why are we even using moderators anymore since there is a developer back on board? It would be nice for them to SAY SOMETHING/ANYTHING unfiltered so we can HOPEFULLY receive some answers. . .
So this game is going to have a built in translator? If I am in a ‘Europe’ server and I type German, it will come across as French for the French players? What about English?
18-04-2015 12:01 AM
 Search 
CnCGeek101 Offline

(18-04-2015 12:01 AM)xaynal Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 09:58 PM)kbaum3 Wrote:  hello, i am interested to know what the new management's stance on some of the exploits are and any steps that will be taken to minimize some of the exploiting and cheating..

Thanks and regards,
kb3

Check out the below thread. Same issues but in a different thread. Ultimately any changes are quite far off in the future. If after 3 years you are not used to it, then you are not very good at adapting Wink .

http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer...#pid204871 <<<<<<

(17-04-2015 04:44 PM)wickedADAMMM Wrote:  None of those are main fixes since the community is demanding for some real changes to the game but it's a good start.
Yeah, the moderators haven’t directly answered any of the questions we have posed regarding this. I check every day but as of yet, nothing.

WHY DON’T THE DEVELOPERS HAVE AN ACCOUNT HERE SO THEY CAN TALK? It’s not like before where the moderators were talking to EA/Easy about issues we brought up. Why are we even using moderators anymore since there is a developer back on board? It would be nice for them to SAY SOMETHING/ANYTHING unfiltered so we can HOPEFULLY receive some answers. . .
So this game is going to have a built in translator? If I am in a ‘Europe’ server and I type German, it will come across as French for the French players? What about English?

We're reading the posts as are the developers. We cannot simply respond to everything and developers especially so. We're listening but posting the same complaints over and over again will not speed up the process to get things fixed any quicker.

I realize the answer given is not what you want, but at this time we can't get into any specifics.

I'm a moderator, not an official EA representative
18-04-2015 12:48 AM
 Search 
95Fordman Offline

(17-04-2015 03:46 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  We just added to the fix list:

• The issue with the chat window disappearing completely if the user minimizes it has been fixed.

I can tell you with great certainty that this has not been fixed.
18-04-2015 01:02 AM
 Search 
Spoon_G0d Offline

(18-04-2015 01:02 AM)95Fordman Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 03:46 PM)rhiordd Wrote:  We just added to the fix list:

• The issue with the chat window disappearing completely if the user minimizes it has been fixed.

I can tell you with great certainty that this has not been fixed.

They haven't done it yet ford, these are patch notes for later this month.
18-04-2015 07:38 AM
 Search 
Baildongreen Offline

Guys all this is very funny.Why for some one chit by auto-collect or repair is not good???Game more easy with that.About game region i hope its will be explanation.For game community more important to make game fare in eating others players acc.Ta
Plus,where was point to raise FUND praise for Russian region x2.People changing game to EVE or something else???Game loosing main point-WAR game,now its more FARM game.Ta.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2015 09:44 AM by Baildongreen.)
18-04-2015 09:17 AM
 Search 
kbaum3 Offline

Could you fix the "Forums" link on the home page and in the game. Sometimes it does not redirect you to the forums..

Also, there should be more under the "We Do not Allow" section in the "Rules"
https://www.tiberiumalliances.com/rules

At the top of the rules page it states:
"Below you will find a complete list of gameplay rules specific to Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances."

Thus not having things like Multi-Accounting, account eating, or game automation listed here implies that they are allowed in the game.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2015 06:47 PM by kbaum3.)
18-04-2015 06:28 PM
 Search 
xaynal Offline

Lemme try this again, moderator's missed it the first time I asked it and I've seen no one ask this. I re-read the patch update and scanned through this a 2nd time and have found nothing.

So is this game going to have a built in translator? If I am in a ‘Europe’ server and I type German, will it come across as French for the French players? What about English?

(17-04-2015 11:09 AM)rhiordd Wrote:  C&C: TIBERIUM ALLIANCES PATCH NOTES 15.1
OVERVIEW

FEATURES & IMPROVEMENTS

Multi-Language Support

Multi-language support now allows players to change their displayed in-game language in the in-game options.

• The in-game options have been reworked and a new function has been added.
• This change will affect existing worlds and new worlds alike........................etc.

Multi Language Worlds

Coming along with the multi-language support, we have completely reworked the system how we open and release new worlds to you. Due to the ability of multi-language support, we will open worlds spanning whole regions...............

• They are set up for one of the following regions/time zones: Americas, Europe, and Asia/Pacific.
• Multi-language server can be found in the world selection whenever the language filter is set to "All" and will be labeled as “international”

http://forum.alliances.commandandconquer...#pid204890

Communication between the stray player with a language other than the one the server was labeled as was already difficult. North America servers had a LOT of Portuguese players that didn't know English. This will make it 10X's worse when you are struggling to communicate with MORE PLAYERS for HOURS to explain stuff to them. Please clarify/advise!

This feels like a sincere attempt simply to reduce the # of servers EA releases. If EVERYONE is getting shoved into one until full, then situations in which communication will become a bigger issue.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2015 11:07 PM by xaynal.)
18-04-2015 09:21 PM
 Search 
gamerdruit2 Offline

Others Wrote:Communication between the stray player with a language other than the one the server was labeled as was already difficult. North America servers had a LOT of Portuguese players that didn't know English. This will make it 10X's worse when you are struggling to communicate with MORE PLAYERS for HOURS to explain stuff to them. Please clarify/advise!

This feels like a sincere attempt simply to reduce the # of servers EA releases. If EVERYONE is getting shoved into one until full, then situations in which communication will become a bigger issue.

It's all part of the plan to make everyone communicate in one language, English!

A European server could have:
Dutch
German
French
Spanish
Portugese
Italian
Romnanian
Danish
Swedish
Norwegian
Hungarian
Welsh
Gaelic

and a whole host of variations within each country and a lot more!

It's simpler if they use one language, American English!!! (tongue in cheek comment!)

Let's revive a common language, Latin!

A US/Canadian server still has many languages, US is multi-lingual (even if they won't accept it) speaking a form of English and Spanish with a multitude collection of variations on both native American and Spanish and let's not forget Vietnamese and various Chinese forms are also spoken.
Canada has both English and French to cover too!

No geographical region is going to have a single language - I've played on many worlds where English wasn't expected from the title/country but they all had alliances that communicated in English. I'm sure that some alliances communicated in German on Brazilian worlds etc.

No-one is going to change because of the language label - the problem isn't going to be solved either in the internet era where location isn't important.
19-04-2015 05:24 PM
 Search 
xaynal Offline

(19-04-2015 05:24 PM)gamerdruit2 Wrote:  It's all part of the plan to make everyone communicate in one language, English!

............................................etc etc

No-one is going to change because of the language label - the problem isn't going to be solved either in the internet era where location isn't important.

The new developers are based in Germany. Who's to say that isn't the language we are all going to. . . . Big Grin

Still waiting on a moderator to chime in somewhere on this thread. Another player proposed the question. I'm curious to see the answer(s). . .Huh
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2015 03:26 AM by xaynal.)
20-04-2015 03:24 AM
 Search