Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Bring back Generals
GDICanuck Offline

RE: Bring back Generals
(05-02-2015 03:51 PM)RuShAttAcK Wrote:  Generals is done with . Look at this new RTS called Act of Aggression made by a great publisher. It suppose to be taking a lot of the zero hour aspects of the game.

I've been playing Eugen's Wargame titles, and they're pretty solid. Some balance issues, but that's par for the course with every RTS. But the devs are pretty good in the community feedback area. Not perfect, but better than most.

There is definitely a bit of a C&C vibe here.
15-03-2015 12:20 AM
 Search   Quote 
jacensteven Away
Not so Senior Member

(15-03-2015 12:20 AM)GDICanuck Wrote:  
(05-02-2015 03:51 PM)RuShAttAcK Wrote:  Generals is done with . Look at this new RTS called Act of Aggression made by a great publisher. It suppose to be taking a lot of the zero hour aspects of the game.

I've been playing Eugen's Wargame titles, and they're pretty solid. Some balance issues, but that's par for the course with every RTS. But the devs are pretty good in the community feedback area. Not perfect, but better than most.

There is definitely a bit of a C&C vibe here.

the devs say that they wanted a game like zero hour after generals 2 went poof. so they went and created this... so if it's good it could be the generals 2 we've all been wanting

YUP... I'VE QUIT. THIS TIME FOR GOOD...
BUT DON'T WORRY... I'LL BE BACK!
16-03-2015 06:01 PM
 Search   Quote 
Wearyfox Offline

Act of aggression looks great. I was pissed off until i seen that. I hope it has a co-op campaign. Dodgy
18-03-2015 10:45 PM
 Search   Quote 
Lameminator Offline

At first, I though the cancellation of G2 as a ****** act, but now i see it as a foolish act. No matter, Act of Aggression gets the whole CnC fan base too.
And reacting to some of the previous comments, if you allow me to correct some inaccuracy: AoA has nothing to do with Zero Hour, because what ZH brought are the following 1, subdivision of the factions 2, the general challenge, which is related to point 1,. But i don't deny it's a Generals (not ZH Big Grin ) replacement.
19-03-2015 01:20 PM
 Search   Quote 
jacensteven Away
Not so Senior Member

(19-03-2015 01:20 PM)Lameminator Wrote:  At first, I though the cancellation of G2 as a ****** act, but now i see it as a foolish act. No matter, Act of Aggression gets the whole CnC fan base too.
And reacting to some of the previous comments, if you allow me to correct some inaccuracy: AoA has nothing to do with Zero Hour, because what ZH brought are the following 1, subdivision of the factions 2, the general challenge, which is related to point 1,. But i don't deny it's a Generals (not ZH Big Grin ) replacement.

yep you'r right not zero hour, more a generals like replacement, which makes it even better!!!

YUP... I'VE QUIT. THIS TIME FOR GOOD...
BUT DON'T WORRY... I'LL BE BACK!
21-03-2015 01:09 PM
 Search   Quote 
whoismikejones3 Offline

Some more talk about AoA:

(This post was last modified: 27-06-2015 12:35 AM by whoismikejones3.)
27-06-2015 12:35 AM
 Search   Quote 
Sierpe_Gordy_CZ Offline

I am very excited Act of Aggression. But honestly Generals 2 - looked fantastic. Frostbite Engine 2 and graphic stylization environment was exactly what I wanted. I still do not understand one thing - why they tried to cram into a model free-to-play (and possible end failure just for that). And why not do another classic episode - boxed version. Fans would have jumped for joy. Just a step in the wrong direction - to give up ...
06-08-2015 03:56 PM
 Search   Quote 
Aleli54 Offline

(06-08-2015 03:56 PM)Sierpe_Gordy_CZ Wrote:  I am very excited Act of Aggression. But honestly Generals 2 - looked fantastic. Frostbite Engine 2 and graphic stylization environment was exactly what I wanted. I still do not understand one thing - why they tried to cram into a model free-to-play (and possible end failure just for that). And why not do another classic episode - boxed version. Fans would have jumped for joy. Just a step in the wrong direction - to give up ...

I would love to buy a box set. I've been scowering GoodWills to find old C&C gems. Found a Tiberian Sun Soundtrack and Firestorm Disc in nearly brand new condition for $3.
15-08-2015 04:22 PM
 Search   Quote 
Darkjoyimbo Offline

bring back the generals series
a new generals or zero hour
with the grafics we have today would be awesome
realy loved c&c series
until you raped it with a browser version
still playing them solo and skirmish
******* lame **** if i wanna play browser games i can use fb
how you could cancel generals 2 for a browser game