Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Modding Zero hour with origin TUC?
The5anders Offline

Modding Zero hour with origin TUC?
So I've been digging around the internet on how to mod Generals Zero hour (trying to add the Shockwave mod) through origins TUC. I've come across a few links that lead me here but looks like the threads here got wiped out. Anyway I was wondering how I go about installing mods, my problem is the launcher asks me which game to play and I guess it overrides the mod causing just the vanilla version to launch.

My comp OS.
windows 7 service pack 1
Specs. Way above requirements to run the game.
20-01-2015 07:31 PM
 Search 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

RE: Modding Zero hour with origin TUC?
1) Get the fixed launchers for TUC here: http://bibber.eu/downloads/cnc-ultimate-...launchers/
2) Follow the instructions on the mod's ModDB page and/or website.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2015 08:27 PM by Plokite_Wolf.)
20-01-2015 08:27 PM
 Search 
The5anders Offline

Ya I've tried using that launcher mod before I believe I set it up correctly (the readme file is very short just says to run the file and that's it) but whenever I load up the shockwave mod it has me pick Generals Zero Hour twice before anything happens and then it just launches vanilla Zero Hour.
20-01-2015 08:35 PM
 Search 
Plokite_Wolf Offline

There are some solutions you can try that are further down in this thread: http://forums.swr-productions.com/lofive...t3537.html

Quote:Shockwave 1.1 - got it working beautifully on a win7 machine with the ultimate collection. Basically you have to extract from installer, rename gibs, paste into both zero hour folders under origin games directory. Then rename the scripts folder in the data folder. So far I have tested skirmish mode on shw killing fields and china tank general wiped the floor with my armor general. Ask if you want more details.

Quote:Sorry for the wait, busy... Unfortunately there is no process that I could have you replicate. I deleted shockwave to try rotr - this is how both can work: you simp,y need to put all .big files in the folder origin games/command and conquer generals zero hour/command and conquer generals zero hour. Shitty thing to have two folders with the same name. You cannot use the launcher, but have to transfer the .gibs and rename them, then rename the scripts folder or remove the files within to another directory. This should work for both rotr and shockwave. For rotr I used the unsupported Mac files, as that version contains only the relevant files. For shockwave, I installed all the gibs in both zero hour folders, later realizing that the launcher and other files were missing from the second folder and tht is why it worked. Forgive my **** writing from my ipad. I can clea. It up later and add a screenshot if need be. Good luck.

Quote:Shw, try this. Extract all files, take only the .gibs and copy them. Maybe world builder will work too - not relevant to my noob ass. Copy those to origin games/command and conquer generals zero hour/ command and conquer generals zero hour and rename the extensions to .big. Delete the files from the scripts folder - why save them if you'll have to reinstall cnc later to play vanilla? Add artwork final.bmp if you care and enjoy.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2015 08:45 PM by Plokite_Wolf.)
20-01-2015 08:44 PM
 Search 
The5anders Offline

Ok cool I think I have it working was way out of my league on this one thanks again.
20-01-2015 09:37 PM
 Search 
daniel2183 Offline

(20-01-2015 09:37 PM)The5anders Wrote:  Ok cool I think I have it working was way out of my league on this one thanks again.

hi,

im in the same situation as you was. could you explain in simple terms how you got the mods to work?

thanks
21-01-2015 06:47 AM
 Search 
DawnMage Offline

i wanted to try the Reborn mod. have the fixed launchers.
dont know what you meen with renaming gibbs (explain plz).
24-04-2015 03:01 PM
 Search 
MegumiAzusa Offline
Modstress Infinita

.gib files are actually .big files (just a container file for most of the game/mod files). They are renamed by the mod team so the game doesn't load them. I guess the launcher would rename them to .big, start the game (as they are .big now the files are loaded), and rename them back to .gib again when the game closes.
The thing with the scripts folder is this: vanilla CCG and ZH both have their standard skirmish and multiplayer scripts outside of big files. These files have a higher priority than ones in big files, thus you have to move/rename them in order for the game to load the mod script files inside the mod big files.

Dunno of the workings of the fixed launchers but if they don't work and you don't mind manual work you have to place the mod files into the game directory, rename any .gib to .big (you have to set the explorer to show extensions) and move the scripts folder.
To play the vanilla game you just have to again rename the mod big files to something else and return the scripts folder to its original location.
25-04-2015 06:58 PM
 Search 
next7091 Offline

Unfortunately, I can not help you! I'm not good at this. Sorry!((
13-01-2017 06:59 AM
 Search