Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Exploits and cheats in Tiberium Alliances
Kilpikonna1912 Offline

RE: Exploits and cheats in Tiberium Alliances
Hi

Here, just my comment about this exploits and my view on it. Sorry, if could not resist to post it here.

It is sad to see how fast and without warning a player here can be banned just for using the "feature" available a bit more than others - ie. using plunder.

And even gets banned without a warning on all servers not just on the one where perhaps players complained. I find it highly unfair banning the account without stating a clear reason and doing it without warning.

From my perspective, many have used features available that use might were not intended or predicted. However, I find it also hard accept to punish players for using those features, for which are basically the dev team is more or less responsible than the player - I would argue.

I also do not consider those exploits even unfair since they are open to everyone and it is a matter of choice whether using it or not just like whether one uses more or less time on the game.

As one pointed out, the best way to make it fair is to communicate those features that all know about it. There will always be software bugs and/or players with alot of time trying to find out ways to test the rules. This is a never ending story.

One could argue that using account eating or rp farming and putting this action under phishing or hacking gives a quite nasty aftertaste as to get the feeling players are being criminalised. Hacking and phishing is a crime in my view, what about those exploits? Are we here not loosing reason?

I wonder how many rules are still coming here and what one is not allowed to do.

Wouldn't it be better to focus on making the game more interesting ?
10-11-2014 09:39 PM
 Search 
PhdOrion Offline

Hmm,

Curious that so many comments were made about scripts but very few was said about account eating.

Account eating is still a major problem... And despite the changes I still see most top alliances with alliances called Alts that have bases that are many times burning, so I suppose account eating still pays of...

I really still don't understand how it works on bonus from PVP attacks, I never went much to that area, and unfortunatly the FAQ is very poor on the game mechanics considering the complexity of this game.

Actually, for the most part, there is not that much official organized information. I suppose that the forum works has the mains source of information, problem is with the updates starts to be hard to understand what is still working and what does not any more.

Anyway, I'm starting to diverge from the subject, sorry.

Even after reducing the gain from PVP attacks it seems that it still pays off and with the great advantage that you can use no or very little RT.

I don't see any solution for this without radicaly changing PVP... If the idea is that most of the progressing of the game is to be done through PVE, and PVP is only a way to stratigically try to fight another alliance, then the rewards of PVP can be reduced to little more then the losses from the attack.
Now in that case using PVP would affect your developing (as usually does when its done as a strategic attack and not as account eating), so either that is considered acceptable, or RT/CP for PVP needed to be different from the RT/CP from PVE (reducing the loss for PVP, but not removing it, since even by moving and being attacked we loose progression).

I really can't see how PVP can get any advantage on progression if it is not for account eating ... if so, matter as well consider it as a non progression part of the game, and adapt from there.

BTW:
On other games there are rules about attacking bases from the same IP... don't know if it is done here... True that some players can use proxy, still might reduce the problem. Yes, some players might be playing from same IP and not be on the same alliance group, but that is a drawback that most game choose as acceptable.
11-11-2014 01:33 PM
 Search 
trueadm Offline

(11-11-2014 01:33 PM)PhdOrion Wrote:  Hmm,

Account eating is still a major problem... And despite the changes I still see most top alliances with alliances called Alts that have bases that are many times burning, so I suppose account eating still pays of...

You can no longer account eat this way. If their bases were burning, it might be from the Forgotten Attacks. You now need to kill bases to get at all the resources in that base.

Ex-CiC of The Ultimate Group of alliances
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 01:56 PM by trueadm.)
11-11-2014 01:55 PM
 Search 
MaryRoos Offline

With the Forgotten Strikes there is a new phenomenom to exploit bugs:

BUBBLES

So right now accounts are created with their week long protection just to jump into holes - and finallly when some ruins vanish or the forgotten have shot a base and some open space showing up - these guys just jump in to steal these pois.

To clarify that: This is not a vertiable alliance, but accounts only created to exist 1 week long - as they can't survive any strikse - if player or forgottem - only purpose is to obstruct others from digging and making progress. Of course this happens almost exclusively at the top alliances.

My suggestion to prevent such exploits: If a base with no strong alliance (top 20) showing on entering areas with bases more than 10 lvls up to them - the bubbles should drop automatically.

This would help a lot.

I hope one of the Devs is reading this, otherwise take a look on W103 and you know what I am talking about - and here some nice pic: http://prntscr.com/55bxb0 so this is all provocation, and they even name this exploit alliance "bubbles" - "bandits" or similar
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014 06:27 PM by MaryRoos.)
11-11-2014 06:24 PM
 Search 
EA_TheBlackOne Offline
Developer

At the moment the newbie bubble drop when entering lvl 25+ areas. We can change that setting.
11-11-2014 06:57 PM
 Search 
MaryRoos Offline

would be highly appreciated. So take a look on W103 - as there are several robbery accounts created- The Nr1 alliance is right now with no Tungsten bonus... Nr2 alliance also has a similar bunch of bubbles in their territory.

Thank you for considering such an altering in the settings so the originally good idea to protect new accounts from being raped is being corrupted in using fake accounts only to obstruct the progress of others while you have no chance to prevent that.
11-11-2014 07:08 PM
 Search 
MoshicVargur Offline
Magnum Opus

A band-aid would be to just drop the shield on any base in a 2 space range around a POI, no matter how old that player presence is, with a warning&confirmation of course.

Níᴜ ᴍᴀɴ ᴇᴋ ʜᴇɪᴍᴀ, ɴíᴜ íᴠɪðᴊᴜʀ, ᴍᴊöᴛᴠɪð ᴍæʀᴀɴ, ғʏʀ ᴍᴏʟᴅ ɴᴇðᴀɴ.
[Image: br54D65.gif]
11-11-2014 08:22 PM
 Visit this user's website   Search 
mechanic112 Offline

now you are concerned about cheaters when did you wake up
12-11-2014 01:42 AM
 Search 
klickklack2500 Offline

you should do something against the bubble very fast.
we are waisting a lot of time for defending this bubbles.
they steel poi, run in bases you are shooting till it is repairing,
jumping to your front, that the next bases you want to shoot are out of range.
this is not a funny gameplay, it sucks!
what i said, you are spending most of time in this world for trying to defend this.
12-11-2014 07:11 PM
 Search 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

(11-11-2014 06:57 PM)EA_TheBlackOne Wrote:  At the moment the newbie bubble drop when entering lvl 25+ areas. We can change that setting.

The newbie bubble should be applied at 20+ imo
12-11-2014 11:59 PM
 Search