Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 2.14 Average
Patch Notes - September 2014
Fixnow Offline
Global Community Manager

Patch Notes - September 2014
Version #411943

Account eating anti-exploitive measures (applies only to new economy Worlds)

Changes to plunder mechanics
Plunder is a feature that in it's current state is easily targeted for exploitative behavior. We have decided to change when plunder is rewarded to an attacker.
  • Plunder rewards are now only paid out when a base is completely destroyed.

Change to storage buildings
We have made a change to how resources are handled by storage buildings, like Silos and Accumulators. Selling a storage building now will cause you to lose some of the resources that are over capacity (also known as over storage) after the sale.
  • If selling a storage building would put you over capacity, you will lose the percentage of the resources over capacity after the sale that the sold building contributed to the total base storage capacity.
  • Trying to sell a building at a loss will first prompt a confirmation dialog.

Examples:
Quote:Total Tiberium storage capacity: 1000
Tiberium balance: 500
Sold storage capacity: 500
Tiberium over storage after sale: 0
Tiberium lost: 0

Total Tiberium storage capacity: 2000
Tiberium balance: 2000
Sold storage capacity: 500 (25% of 2000 total Tiberium storage capacity)
Tiberium over storage after sale: 500
Tiberium lost: 25% of 500 overstorage = 125 Tiberium

Total Tiberium storage capacity: 2000
Tiberium balance: 3000
Sold storage capacity: 1000 (50% of 2000 total Tiberium storage capacity)
Tiberium over storage after sale: 2000
Tiberium lost: 50% of 2000 overstorage = 1000 Tiberium

General changes

Change to rewards gained from Forgotten attacks (applies only to worlds with Forgotten attacks enabled)
We want to keep risk/reward at a good balance, the following changes are aimed at deterring from camping around Forgotten bases.
  • Rewards gained from a Forgotten attack gets a cap at defending base level +4

Example:
Quote:A level 40 Forgotten base attacks a level 20 player base. The rewards paid out is based on the values of a Forgotten base attacking with its offense units being level 24.

Changes to pop-up messages
The in-game pop-up box for news has now an added checkbox.
  • Checkbox option added to remove messages

Bugfixes
  • You should be able to simulate attacks against alliance members again.
  • The so called "Double Silo" bug has been fixed, which allowed to disable the Carry Capacity for Plunder.
  • A small glitch that resulted in too high resource numbers shown in the browser after selling buildings.
  • The Alliance Invite Accept button should now be correctly disabled after the player has been kicked from that alliance and invited again before the end of the rejoin grace period.

[Image: MysticalRoccat2.png]
08-09-2014 10:12 AM
 Search 
MKDiablo6666 Offline

RE: Patch Notes - September 2014
How much head start are you going to give us about when this patch is going effect in other worlds. I hope more than one day
08-09-2014 07:32 PM
 Search 
luckyboy575757 Offline

how is this going to work where 2 players team up together to try and take down a bigger player
if you dont kill him you get nothing?
if you do will all the plunder go to the killer? and the second attacker gets nothing?
so it seams that if you dont kill him you get nothing
it will not be worth attacking other stronger players
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014 02:15 AM by luckyboy575757.)
09-09-2014 02:10 AM
 Search 
the1nonlyreal1 Offline
Alliance Killer

once again pvp is about territory and power not resources.
09-09-2014 04:24 AM
 Search 
methuselah Offline
Moderator Supreme

(09-09-2014 04:24 AM)the1nonlyreal1 Wrote:  once again pvp is about territory and power not resources.

I disagree. Yes there are other reasons to PvP I agree with you there but where your argument falls short is that PvP and PvE use the same "resources" if you will. So if player X PvP's only regardless of the reason and player Y PvE's only player Y will leave player X in the dust rank wise. This is supposed to be a combat game isn't it?

Not some tiberium version of farmville.

09-09-2014 05:15 AM
 Search 
smooothieee Offline

(09-09-2014 05:15 AM)methuselah Wrote:  
(09-09-2014 04:24 AM)the1nonlyreal1 Wrote:  once again pvp is about territory and power not resources.

I disagree. Yes there are other reasons to PvP I agree with you there but where your argument falls short is that PvP and PvE use the same "resources" if you will. So if player X PvP's only regardless of the reason and player Y PvE's only player Y will leave player X in the dust rank wise. This is supposed to be a combat game isn't it?

That's why you need smaller worlds, where territory becomes more valuable.
If you don't have a single enemy within 5 times of your attacking range on 30k player server, it is no wonder that it becomes farmville.
09-09-2014 07:45 AM
 Search 
EA_TheBlackOne Offline
Developer

(09-09-2014 02:10 AM)luckyboy575757 Wrote:  how is this going to work where 2 players team up together to try and take down a bigger player
if you dont kill him you get nothing?
if you do will all the plunder go to the killer? and the second attacker gets nothing?
so it seams that if you dont kill him you get nothing
it will not be worth attacking other stronger players

There are four (now three) different kinds of loot when you attack another player. Please specifiy which one you think you don't get anymore, just for me to make sure we are talking about the same things here.
09-09-2014 08:28 AM
 Search 
MoshicVargur Offline
Magnum Opus

(09-09-2014 05:15 AM)methuselah Wrote:  This is supposed to be a combat game isn't it?

Eh, the only reason I'm still playing is because it's not PVP-centric.

Níᴜ ᴍᴀɴ ᴇᴋ ʜᴇɪᴍᴀ, ɴíᴜ íᴠɪðᴊᴜʀ, ᴍᴊöᴛᴠɪð ᴍæʀᴀɴ, ғʏʀ ᴍᴏʟᴅ ɴᴇðᴀɴ.
[Image: br54D65.gif]
09-09-2014 09:21 AM
 Visit this user's website   Search 
1DON1 Offline

This is great news, to long in the making but better later then never. This game was becoming so unfair because in some worlds there were players who had 5, 6, 7 and even more accounts and they farmed those accounts in order to level up. I think that's wrong and it gave genuine players a disadvantage in progressing in the game. So please stop the account eating as soon as possible I say and bring on a fair playing field.
09-09-2014 11:54 AM
 Search 
Marolaf Offline

I understand the background of the patch ... on the other hand the rules are the same for all players ... but anyway if you want to change the rules that is fine.
The only thing I think which is not the best way is to change the rules for worlds which exists longer than e.g. 3-6 month ... because people who where aware and utilizing exploits for e.g 6 month have an advantage which can not be recovered for the people who started later or where not aware of the exploits ... so changing the rules after a longer period just makes the world more unfair. My recommendation would be to keep rules for "older" worlds and use new rules on new worlds. Just my point of view and recommendation.
09-09-2014 02:25 PM
 Search