Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 2.6 Average
Patch notes - July 2014
Fixnow Offline
Global Community Manager

Patch notes - July 2014
Version #411705

Changes in inter/intra alliance behaviour
In the last patch, we removed the possibility to attack a friendly base. In this patch it's now possible again to view a friendly base, even though you can't attack it.
  • Reintroduced possibility to view a friendly base and to simulate a bttle against such targets.

Forgotten Attacks Beta World
Forgotten Attacks do not increase the defender's unit attack counter anymore.

Other changes
New tool to trigger in-game pop-up by dev team with multi-language support.

[Image: MysticalRoccat2.png]
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2014 09:31 AM by Fixnow.)
17-07-2014 01:48 PM
 Search 
DeathMetalEagle Offline

RE: Patch notes - July 2014
I was wondering, I know the layouts are randomly generated for new worlds, shame really, kinda boring, but hey.
Fairplay, the layout on w98 not half bad, but if you peeps would 'randomly generate' a decent layout n w100 I'm sure you'd make a mint! Tongue
Reckon that server will be pretty competetive.
Any news on new features btw?
PS I know it looks like I'm inferring that the layouts are not randomly generated but I'm not, just saying.
PPS Please please please increase the loot on FB as 99.99% of us just ain't good enough to deal with what you've thrown at us since the patch.
Actually scratch that, how about this,; twas suggested yesterday on w91.
Instead of renaming resonators as 'nVidia', create a new one ( surely this was the original idea?); maybe we could have an RT POI or even an RP one lol
I'm sure, or at least I would hope that you've considered these possibilities, after all, there were no POIs at all at one stage!
17-07-2014 03:36 PM
 Search 
Prowler690 Offline

Hi fix, patch removed RP farms but has handed an advantage to multi - account users who sometimes keep many accounts and are still merrily farming, playing field levelling needs a bit more work imo. Yes I only run a single account in a server as I think it's more in keeping with the spirit of the game and I rank reasonably well in top 130 ish but I know I am unlikely to rank at the upper end of the scale.

That being said removing easy RP farming was a step in the right direction but a useful ability has also been lost in the capability to SIM a friendly def to test and adjust layouts.

With the ability to view being reinstated is there any chance that we could have simming enabled to assist in def optimisation at some point.
18-07-2014 12:01 AM
 Search 
frenzy50187 Offline
LEAD MUNDERATOR

Thanks
18-07-2014 02:03 AM
 Search 
Zocom7 Offline

Viewing a friendly base only (in current and other alliances except as neutral/enemy) should have been implemented after the ban on RP farming.

What about the Forgotten Attacks on all Closed Beta servers? They should be implemented by now.
18-07-2014 02:07 AM
 Search 
EA_TheBlackOne Offline
Developer

(18-07-2014 02:07 AM)Zocom7 Wrote:  What about the Forgotten Attacks on all Closed Beta servers? They should be implemented by now.

We won't enable Forgotten Attacks on any already existing worlds.
18-07-2014 08:23 AM
 Search 
StryfeASphears Offline

(17-07-2014 01:48 PM)EA_Fixnow Wrote:  ----------
Note: Changes to these patch notes may occur without further notice!
----------

Changes in inter/intra alliance behaviour
In the last patch, we removed the possibility to attack a friendly base. In this patch it's now possible again to view a friendly base, even though you can't attack it.
  • Reintroduced possibility to view a friendly base

Forgotten Attacks Beta World
Forgotten Attacks do not increase the defender's unit attack counter anymore.

Other changes
New tool to trigger in-game pop-up by dev team with multi-language support.
And still no increase in loot off of the forgotten!
You created the need for RP farming because it take forever to get enough of it since you nerfed what you get from the forgotten,then you take away RP farming with no loot increase this is not a fix.

Also it would be cool if you added sector borders to the in game map!
A nice line that say as an example SE on one side an E on the other!
18-07-2014 09:37 AM
 Search 
EA_TheBlackOne Offline
Developer

(18-07-2014 09:37 AM)StryfeASphears Wrote:  And still no increase in loot off of the forgotten!

This is a tiny patch before the summer break, it was not supposed to have a solution for the less RP output without farming.
We are looking into the issue, but it needs more time and therefore will not be in this patch.
(This post was last modified: 18-07-2014 10:19 AM by EA_TheBlackOne.)
18-07-2014 09:58 AM
 Search 
kissjon Offline

Hola!

Sweet ! @ in-game translator pop up ! Gives this english only guy a choice when choosing a new world.

That was FAST @ patching the view friendly base/FSB increasing defending attack counters issue.

Thanks ! @ all the hard work before summer break. Imho, all of you have earned a few days extra with pay.

kj
18-07-2014 11:37 AM
 Search 
EA_TheBlackOne Offline
Developer

(18-07-2014 11:37 AM)kissjon Wrote:  Sweet ! @ in-game translator pop up ! Gives this english only guy a choice when choosing a new world.

Nah, not like this. It is multilanguage support for an ingame anouncement popup the Community Managers can trigger, for example for maintenance anouncements or Fund sales. It was there before (but we kind of never used it), after the patch we can let it pop up with the message being shown in the correct language for the player.
18-07-2014 12:00 PM
 Search