kangsurip Offline

RE: Patch Notes - June 2014
very awkward news
03-06-2014 06:53 PM
 Search 
the1nonlyreal1 Offline
Alliance Killer

Thats why you dont jump into 20 enemy bases you go down with support on your base and go head up. I hate nothing more than a player that jumps in with a lock down and fights like a coward because thats what it is. You scared and not sure your defense is strong enough to hold up so you use a lock down to defend instead of building a good enough defense. Learn how to build defenses and use support and you play logical no war game can you jump into 20 enemy bases and not get hit if you equal level.
03-06-2014 06:58 PM
 Search 
Doukhobor Offline

(03-06-2014 06:28 PM)EA_TheBlackOne Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 06:01 PM)Doukhobor Wrote:  Regarding the diminishing returns on PvP, does the 'n' counter only increase if a unit repairs %100 after an attack?

n increases every time a defense unit comes out of an attack with less HP than it had before.

So the returns for legitimate PvP will suffer as well. . .

I am all for the removal of RP farming but fear the unintended effects of this change will be far to great. As it is, rewards from PvP are far more inefficient than those from PvE.

(03-06-2014 06:53 PM)kyoneechan Wrote:  
(03-06-2014 05:44 PM)Castello911 Wrote:  İ want to say something about that issue,

This is war and stratagy game and we create some tactics if ea games will block attacks whoose are your own alliances or your ally alliances this means ea games takes our chance to help our bases in war.For example when you jumped in enemy areas and your team mates attacks you for protect your bases you can destroy enemy bases from that mettod however if you can block that attacks we can not even play game please be logical ea games ..

RESPECT PLAYERS

I agree with castello, we cannot blocking alliance enemies attack during a war, how we can defending our teammate in the battle..?? then this is not different than another game. I will expected this game trully about strategical of team not a single person, if that happening then change the name of this game to "Tiberium Personal" not alliances. no offence

regards

How about by building proper defences? Or by proper use of support? Or by having allies on-line to target enemies that target you during an offensive?

Blocking incoming enemy attacks in an exploit that provides a 100% advantage to the aggressor and I am glad to see it being removed. Granted, I can see territory gains from PvP battles becoming slow or stagnant now since the above was the most efficient for gaining ground.
03-06-2014 07:20 PM
 Search 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

(03-06-2014 05:44 PM)Castello911 Wrote:  İ want to say something about that issue,

This is war and stratagy game and we create some tactics if ea games will block attacks whoose are your own alliances or your ally alliances this means ea games takes our chance to help our bases in war.For example when you jumped in enemy areas and your team mates attacks you for protect your bases you can destroy enemy bases from that mettod however if you can block that attacks we can not even play game please be logical ea games ..

RESPECT PLAYERS

Completely agreed. I have been a PvP'er on most servers. Locking the enemy out from attacking your bases by having one from you own alliance to attack your bases is a very useful trick. Importantly this trick gave the weaker alliances a fighting chance against stronger opposition. If this trick weren't possible no one would never dare attack an alliance say twice the score as us! Makes the game play boring. Any alliance with early lead is assured of the pole position and others get bored and fall out.

Also prevents players from exploiting 40 space (after being destroyed) jump trick to move faster into enemy area!

Often we would destroy our own player's base under attack (if we got a chance) to prevent enemy from gaining territory in our middle. One big army in the middle of an alliance can wreak havoc.

I am no fan of RP farming! But the rule changes on inter-alliance game-play are pretty unimaginative way to fix RP farming and makes PvP unattractive! Skews the game for stronger alliance and players using multi-accounting!
03-06-2014 07:20 PM
 Search 
commandfactory Offline

This is terrible. I will no longer play this game once my current world is over. The "exploritory behaviors" were what made TA fun. EPIC FAIL.
03-06-2014 07:30 PM
 Search 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

(03-06-2014 06:01 PM)Doukhobor Wrote:  Some would argue that this tactic is also an exploit. Without it, PvP should contain more intense 1 Vs. 1 battles.

1 vs 1 battle makes sense when u are facing an enemy of equal strength! PvP doesn't allow the cute tricks of getting a commando or specter past enemy lines. PvP defenses are much smarter for that.

Imagine a situation where a big guy is about to jump into your area. He can kill any base in the area in 1-2 shot while your best guy will need 5! Only way to kill him is by having your weaker guys lock the best attack base out while he attacks the big guy trying to disable his Command centre. While the big guy has to figure out who is locking out the attacking base and disable them while defending.

I have been on both sides of this equation and it makes for some of the best gameplays in the game! Nothing - not forgotten attack, not attack on FF, not attacking a tough forgotten base - provides as much excitement as this! I and I am sure most PvP'er would hate to loose this aspect of the game.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 07:37 PM by Ulugulan.)
03-06-2014 07:33 PM
 Search 
kaimaikid Offline

My biggest concern is the lack of RP gained from killing FG bases, outposts and camps - it would be great to increase this to counter balance the loss of RP farming especially on bases to motivate alliances to keep moving forward otherwise you run the risk of this game becoming tediously long and boring.

I hate RP farming but it was an evil one had to do to stay competitive.

I will admit that I preferred the old style servers against the new eco servers as to me the game was more balanced.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 07:46 PM by kaimaikid.)
03-06-2014 07:39 PM
 Search 
Ulugulan Offline
Posting Freak

(03-06-2014 06:01 PM)Doukhobor Wrote:  How about by building proper defences? Or by proper use of support? Or by having allies on-line to target enemies that target you during an offensive?

Blocking incoming enemy attacks in an exploit that provides a 100% advantage to the aggressor and I am glad to see it being removed. Granted, I can see territory gains from PvP battles becoming slow or stagnant now since the above was the most efficient for gaining ground.

Building proper defenses, having lot of support weapon and having defense line are all very good strategies but work only against an enemy that is of comparable strength! One strong offense (5-6 levels above your average defense) can negate all of that unless u can somehow disable his CC before its too late. Only way to do that is using the trick of locking one attack base out from attacks.

And its a game both parties can play at! Question is who does it using least amount of CP and who has the will to keep doing it! Without it no weak alliance will ever fight a stronger alliance! They won't stand a chance!
03-06-2014 07:49 PM
 Search 
Sageterious2 Offline

So if you destroy an enemy base in PvP and say take him out again 1-2 months later you will get less resources the second time you take him out?
03-06-2014 08:01 PM
 Search 
fraboe Offline

(03-06-2014 08:01 PM)Sageterious2 Wrote:  So if you destroy an enemy base in PvP and say take him out again 1-2 months later you will get less resources the second time you take him out?

No. Counter will be reset after a base is destroyed.
03-06-2014 08:02 PM
 Search