Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 2.84 Average
Patch Notes - June 2014
NickT87 Offline

RE: Patch Notes - June 2014
I agree with Belze!

You need to adjust the RP somewhere else if you are taking away RP farms.

Otherwise this game would take so long and i'm not prepared to go past 6 months on a game. I'm sure a lot of others will feel the same way.
03-06-2014 06:28 PM
 Search 
EA_TheBlackOne Offline
Developer

(03-06-2014 06:01 PM)Doukhobor Wrote:  Regarding the diminishing returns on PvP, does the 'n' counter only increase if a unit repairs %100 after an attack?

n increases every time a defense unit comes out of an attack with less HP than it had before.
03-06-2014 06:28 PM
 Search 
fraboe Offline

(03-06-2014 06:18 PM)EA_TheBlackOne Wrote:  Guys, please, we cannot discuss about every issue that will NOT be fixed. Please do not expect a statement to all of that related questions.

Well, removing RP farms is a nice thing IF RP income is increased at least in terms of game balance and time it takes to proceed (as others have written before).

So it´s not exactly talking about things that will NOT be fixed but rather that this fix is incomplete or not well balanced.
03-06-2014 06:30 PM
 Search 
eliasgrammat Offline

(03-06-2014 06:01 PM)fraboe Wrote:  Great news.

The only thing missing is a (re-)increase of research points and resources for raiding of bases, outposts and camps as this has been one reason that led to def farming in the past ( well there are many more though ).

And now it´s real PVP back again, think I like it :-)

I agree, but not totally..
Increase RP & loot from bases only.
I know that it s already higher than Outposts & camps but i suggest to make it even higher.
Just give a motivation to all players to become basehunters and not farmers Wink
03-06-2014 06:30 PM
 Search 
Daemonlord666 Offline

Also what about worlds that have already started this RP farm change will make new players to those worlds be well behind guys who have already started playing that world and benefited from a month or longer of RP farming.
And players who are already behind will now be even further behind as the bigger players will have more bases and more units researched.
This I think should have been tried out on a beta world to see if works like forgotten attacks as no RP bases I see as a major change to do to an already running world and something that should been see if it is popular or not to already playing players.
I was going to start another world but won't be now until I see how all these changes effect the game.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 06:47 PM by Daemonlord666.)
03-06-2014 06:31 PM
 Search 
24_JA Offline

I like the inability to attack your own alliance, allied, & NAP alliances too. Trying to eliminate PvP lockdown is a good idea, but this thought occurs to me: if 3 alliances are all enemies, in a 1v1v1 battle, it is still possible for one alliance to 'informally' agree to attack lock another.

Depreciating returns for PvP is also a creative way to solve RP farming. I wonder if the counters mentioned run right until the end of the game, or will a unit still give lower returns if it was attacked by the player (for e.g.) eight months ago when the server opened and the unit was 30 levels lower. Another thought: will it be possible to "RP Farm" forgotten bases then? Do counters apply to a FB, or could I for example, keep attacking & taking out the Anti-air tower in the front (taking exactly 2 mins) for zero RT, take the RP/resources & let it heal. Not that it shouldn't be possible, but just a thought.

Does this patch take into consideration "plunder farming"? It seems that even the RP farmers don't know about this little known issue. If you run a 2nd account (or sub someone who has left), you can send a unit down one side of the base, not have it hit any units, and when it survives the 2:00 battle, you "plunder" excess resources. By running a 2nd account, having it collect and save crystal (or tib too, but this slows growth), and then "plundering" it, you can greatly increase your resources, and you don't have to kill the target base. Only steal what you have transferred to make that base over capacity, and continue letting it collect free alliances bonuses & silo collection until you are ready to steal from it again. By my assessment this is still an open loophole. The 2nd account can be unaffiliated, or enemy (or in an enemy alliance) to allow attacks. Heck, one alliance could even have an alliance of farms they steal from daily.

One more thought: are any of these patches going to be implemented on old servers? If so, it seems like it would introduce an incredibly large divide between those who managed to RP farm up their bases and upgrades, and those who have not (yet) done so.

In my limited view, these are very good steps toward making this game unexploitable. The best steps taken so far. There are still, however a few minor issues that need to be covered. Once these last issues are repaired, the first new server which opens with these revisions, and the forgotten fight back feature, will likely be the most entertaining, fun, and fair so far, and I for one can't wait.
03-06-2014 06:32 PM
 Search 
the1nonlyreal1 Offline
Alliance Killer

The only thing I would like to see more done is for them to up the rp on pve on the new economy otherwise perfect update. Everything that I mentioned in the forums has been taken care of including rp farming and locking down players. I love that if you leave an alliance you cant come back for 7 days lol. Also on the extra cp thing guys were saying they would have that's bs. Check me out on server 88 and 96 I have never had excess cp because im always pushing. Now i can have excess rt but never more cp than i need and btw you buy the extra cp if you see that you have to much don't buy so much. Great job guys hope you get that rp raised up but otherwise perfect update. I love it.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 06:47 PM by the1nonlyreal1.)
03-06-2014 06:33 PM
 Search 
EA_TheBlackOne Offline
Developer

@24_JA: Your questions are covered in the patch notes or by replies of me. Please review the thread.

Yes the changes will come to all words.
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 06:40 PM by EA_TheBlackOne.)
03-06-2014 06:40 PM
 Search 
satanicoo Offline

(03-06-2014 04:55 PM)idea Wrote:  Changes to the protection shield at start
We have taken measures to fix an exploit using "newbie" shields to protect Points of Interest (POIs).
  • While under shield protection, support doesn't fire

Please add that too.
03-06-2014 06:48 PM
 Search 
kyoneechan Offline
Kylua Ridwan

(03-06-2014 05:44 PM)Castello911 Wrote:  İ want to say something about that issue,

This is war and stratagy game and we create some tactics if ea games will block attacks whoose are your own alliances or your ally alliances this means ea games takes our chance to help our bases in war.For example when you jumped in enemy areas and your team mates attacks you for protect your bases you can destroy enemy bases from that mettod however if you can block that attacks we can not even play game please be logical ea games ..

RESPECT PLAYERS

I agree with castello, we cannot blocking alliance enemies attack during a war, how we can defending our teammate in the battle..?? then this is not different than another game. I will expected this game trully about strategical of team not a single person, if that happening then change the name of this game to "Tiberium Personal" not alliances. no offence

regards
(This post was last modified: 03-06-2014 06:57 PM by kyoneechan.)
03-06-2014 06:53 PM
 Search