Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3 Average
Community Manager Profile: Cain "VitalBullet" Sinopoulos
VitalBullet Offline
Legend

Community Manager Profile: Cain "VitalBullet" Sinopoulos
[Image: yetipictor.jpg]

Good day Commanders!

Fixnow recommended that I introduce myself in this shiny new forum section he set up, and since I love talking about myself I jumped at the chance. *MUST AVOID NARCISSISTIC OUTBREAK*

Anyway continue reading to learn a little more about me, what I do... and how my incredibly temperamental mind works... or doesn't, depending on the timing.

[b]Who are you?

My name is Cain Sinopoulos, but my friends and those who are friendly enough with me often refer to me as "The Yeti"
I'm the lead Community Manager responsible for the Global Community.

I'm also 25 years old... although my brain can't seem to get past the teens stage most of the time.

"The Yeti"? Where di that come from?
I'm a pretty big, hairy fella who wears t-shirts in sub degree temperatures, and I like throwing my weight around while acting like an animal.
A few people thought that a Yeti fit those mannerisms.

Where are you from?
I'm originally from the country of West Yorkshire in England. This means I speak a little funny due to my accent and I'm fairly stubborn.
Afterall, we folk up north say what we like and like what we bloody well say.

I've lived in the South of England for a couple of years to, in Berlin, Germany for a couple of years and now I live in Stockholm, Sweden and have done for a little over 2 years now.

What do you do on Tiberium Alliances?
I'm the Global Community Manager. I mainly focus on working with the other Community Managers so that we can give you folks news, and I assist the teams here with feedback on upcoming features or campaigns as well as pass on feedback from the community which I try to read fairly often.

I used to be able to post alot some time ago but with all of the new games we're supporting now that's a little hard to do these days so I try to focus on a few things properly, rather than a dozen things poorly.
I may try to make myself seen here and there and I'll always be around as the silent watcher... occasionally posting if Fixnow is not around.

What's your favourite Tiberium Alliances aspect?
Probably the Alliances, and what can be achieved through the organisation of a large group of people working towards a common goal.

What's your favourite Command & Conquer game?
Oh... I haven't played too many of them but I'd have to say Red Alert 2

What's your favourite Faction in CCTA and why?
I honestly don't know... I like different aspects of the different Factions.
I do like the NOD unit and building visual design more though so I'll stick with them.

What is the best thing about being a developer?
Working with some really great people to provide an product/service experienced by millions of people has to top the list.
A close second would be getting insight into an industry I have loved and consumed since as long as I can remember... and then some.

How did you become a developer?
YAY!!!! Story time!

I was 20, had moved from South of England to the North to be closer to my family and was living with my mother at the time until I got a new job.
To start earning some money I was building PCs for people in the local area... everything from a standard desktops for first time users, to machines costing thousands of pounds for enthusiasts... or people with more money than sense.

Because this didn't require to much of time I was filling a lot of my spare time during the day playing games, and one of them was the Battlefield Heroes Closed Beta.
I'd always be prevalent in a bunch of online communities and I started getting into the BFH community too. So much so that my name became fairly well known in-game, on the leaderboards and on the forums. I started up the suggestion for them to open up a volunteer (community moderator) program to help with all of the spam they had at the time and became one of the first Community Moderators BFH ever had.

After a couple of months the previous Community Manager informed us that they were looking for an English Community Representative to join their community team working via an agency in Berlin. I applied and got the job.

I did that for a couple of years and was asked if I would like to move to Sweden to work at Easy where I would go on to replace the previous Community Manager... and here I am!

What other games have you worked on?
Battlefield Heroes, Battlefield Play4Free, Need for Speed World and Lord of Ultima

What did you do before Easy?
Skipping the building computers job I had a for a few months I actually used to be a Chef... for about 4 years.
Upon leaving school I went to college and got myself a Professional Chef's Diploma and moved into the catering industry while I was still only 15 years old.
I worked in a couple of restaurants, including one where I was the only Chef they had. While working there, along with the hard work of the other staff, we earned a Rosette for the restaurant, and gained a few local food awards. (I was 19 at that point)

Then I moved... and see the above for the rest.

What other games do you like?
I'm mainly into shooters. But anything that keeps my mind ticking fairly quickly can usually keep my attention.
These days I've been playing PAYDAY 2, Rust, League of Legends, Elder Scrolls Online, Planetside 2, Thief and I'm REALLY looking forward to Titanfall

What is your all time favourite game?
Flimbo's Quest... The first game I ever played back in the 90s on my Brother's Amiga.
According to my mother I was playing and enjoying thise game when I was 4 years old. It's the first game I remember playing... but apparently I was playing it before that too.

Any favorite bands or music in general?
Oh I do like my metal. I like it fast, and Melodic preferably.
Sonata Arctica, Hammerfall, Warmen, Soil, Soilwork, Adrenaline Mob, Freak Kitchen... of the list is endless.
As an example, I ripped all of the music I owned on CD to a hard drive when I moved to Germany... and it ecquated to a little under 300gb of data when ripping 320kbps MP3s.

I don't only listen to metal though... I like anything that requires the performers to have REAL talent... that isn't screaming/shouting.

What do you do in your spare time?
Gaming, Going to the Gym, Cooking, Playing my Guitars, I like keeping up with the recent progress of scientific ventures and breakthroughs and I like to browse imgur once a day too for a good giggle.

Your weirdest hobby?
I don't think I have any "weird" hobbies... I'm pretty boring in that regard I guess.

What is your Nerdiest apparel?
Nerdiest... hmm, that could be my growing collection of t-shirts I've got from buying founder packs on a bunch of different games.

If I could be a game character, I would be… ?
The Overlord from the Overlord franchise.
I think evil thoughts and the voices in my head try to tempt me but I try to do good regardless... most of the time.
Also he has those awesome little minions by his side attending to his every command. Those little guys are great!

How can we follow you?
Ewww, I don't want you following me anywhere... you strange stalker people.
Oh you mean online? Well you could always try Twitter... I am getting better at looking at my own and I'm remaining somewhat active. 140 Character limits FTW!

You can find me at https://twitter.com/VitalBullet
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2014 03:47 PM by Fixnow.)
06-03-2014 03:22 PM
 Search   Quote 
Boatguy2006 Offline

RE: Community Manager Profile: Cain "VitalBullet" Sinopoulos
Would love to know why developers are allowing attacks from The Forgotten they way they are. I have been attacked 18x's in the last 24 hours since my bubble dropped. My base was destroyed during this time (yes that is my fault for not having proper defense). In the last 3 hours alone I have been attacked 6x's. This is crazy, please fix!
01-10-2014 11:38 PM
 Search   Quote 
demahod Offline

(01-10-2014 11:38 PM)Boatguy2006 Wrote:  Would love to know why ..

I would love to know why you posted the same question here and there and there too but not here in this link or there as well Big Grin

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2014 10:14 AM by demahod.)
02-10-2014 10:14 AM
 Search   Quote 
thewolf319 Offline

I would love to know why EA allows these so-called "server Gods " to destroy the enjoyment of many other money paying players
14-02-2015 02:30 AM
 Search   Quote